813 5 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Addy Overbeeke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 764869 ft
  • >>>
United States

Help Please, Following the latest updates for DJI Go 4 and Phantom 4 pro, my Ipad mini-4 will not provide a clean live view, Broken video view, messages that tablet memory is overloaded.

Please let me know if DJI is working a fix and when can it be available

Thanks,
Addy Overbeeke
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This is a new feature to detect the CPU usage of mobile device.
The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO 4.1.2 is quite easy to reach at the moment and it's going to be revised at next release, our engineer is working on it.
It is just a warning tip for you to have an idea of the CPU usage of your iPad/iPhone. Liveview frame decoding /communication to drone will be influenced when mobile device's CPU is overloaded.
This usually happens when iPad/iPhone gets very hot.
2017-7-3
Use props
Addy Overbeeke
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 01:11
This is a new feature to detect the CPU usage of mobile device.
The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO 4.1.2 is quite easy to reach at the moment and it's going to be revised at next release, our engineer is working on it.
It is just a warning tip for you to have an idea of the CPU usage of your iPad/iPhone. Liveview frame decoding /communication to drone will be influenced when mobile device's CPU is overloaded.

Thanks, I am looking forwards to software update.
Ipad was cool (it was cool from air-conditioned car and outdoor temperature was 75 degrees F)
With all respect. DJI needs to maintain compatibility with approved devices and keep them backward compatible going forward in updates. I understand new devices that come out after DJI product release is always feasible and should not be expected. But those devices available at the time of sale of DJI product that end-up on your compatibility must be supported always. It's a bad business decision that will lead to consumer confidence in your products. Loyalty erodes very quickly in this tech savvy world we live in. As an engineer, I understand that software testing is expensive but updates must support those devices you stated are compatible. Software tests and validation are weak part of DJI's business. every update I find problems.  Your products are awesome, best in class. Please make the whole experience a good one.
2017-7-4
Use props
Addy Overbeeke
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

iOS Version v4.1.3.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.1.2.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Addy Overbeeke Posted at 2017-7-4 06:25
Thanks, I am looking forwards to software update.
Ipad was cool (it was cool from air-conditioned car and outdoor temperature was 75 degrees F)
With all respect. DJI needs to maintain compatibility with approved devices and keep them backward compatible going forward in updates. I understand new devices that come out after DJI product release is always feasible and should not be expected. But those devices available at the time of sale of DJI product that end-up on your compatibility must be supported always. It's a bad business decision that will lead to consumer confidence in your products. Loyalty erodes very quickly in this tech savvy world we live in. As an engineer, I understand that software testing is expensive but updates must support those devices you stated are compatible. Software tests and validation are weak part of DJI's business. every update I find problems.  Your products are awesome, best in class. Please make the whole experience a good one.

Addy, thanks very much for your suggestion, we are aware of this problem, and our engineer is working on it, we will try our best to improve our product and make your experience with us better.
2017-7-4
Use props
charly419
New

India

Software update issues can be caused by a variety of factors, including Internet connectivity issues, Antivirus or firewall software, Storage space, Compatibility issues, software testing issues and many more.
2023-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules