Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak GPS Signal
4976 27 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

Hey Guys,

I am very disapointed from DJI support and I really wish anyone can help me.  I am facing exactly the same issue as here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-89659-1-1.html

whenever I fly spark, I can not update the location to my phone, I get an error "Weak GPS signal". Also follow me mode is not working for the same reason.

I tried different locations with the same issue. I am using Iphone 6 with IOS 10.3.2, GO4 app and the spark firmware are updated to the last version.  The problem is that I can see my location on the map within Go4 app with no issue at all, I have no idea why I get a weak signal issue.

This is a serious issue, I really need your help.

Thanks,

2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, we care much about your feedback.
I just replied your another post and message, please provide me the info needed, I will forwarded it to our engineers for further test, thanks.
2017-7-3
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

I did some investigation today and finally I found the bug. GPS work perfectly with my Iphone 6 whenever I don't put a memory card in the drone. If I put the memory card that you guys sent to me with the drone, I get the "Weak GPS Signal" error whenever I try to update the home location to be my current location.  here is a screenshot for the error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t0x04aych91q75/image1.PNG?dl=0

2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans20fc5630 Posted at 2017-7-3 05:42
I did some investigation today and finally I found the bug. GPS work perfectly with my Iphone 6 whenever I don't put a memory card in the drone. If I put the memory card that you guys sent to me with the drone, I get the "Weak GPS Signal" error whenever I try to update the home location to be my current location.  here is a screenshot for the error:

Thank you for the details, I have forwarded it to our engineer for a further evaluation.
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

?dl=0

Here is an update for this case, please export the data files so we can do a further analysis, thank you very much in advance.
One is for the situation that SD card is inserted in, and you got "Weak GPS Signal", another one is everything is fine without the SD card in.
Please let me know the exact time it happened, then upload the files to Dropbox and post the link here.
Black box.png
F.png
F2.png

2017-7-4
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

Today the GPS signal was weak for both case ( with and without SIM cards ) whenever I click on update home location to be the phone, it show me the previous error that I sent.

Can you please give me any email to send you the logs? I don't want to upload them for public.

Thanks for your help.

2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans20fc5630 Posted at 2017-7-5 09:00
Today the GPS signal was weak for both case ( with and without SIM cards  ) whenever I click on update home location to be the phone, it show me the previous error that I sent.

Can you please give me any email to send you the logs? I don't want to upload them for public.

You can upload it to Dropbox and PM me the link.
Click on "Personal Message" under my Avator, you can message me.
Please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thank you in advance.
2017-7-6
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-6 01:44
You can upload it to Dropbox and PM me the link.
Click on "Personal Message" under my Avator, you can message me.
Please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thank you in advance.

Done. thanks a lot Natalia
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans20fc5630 Posted at 2017-7-6 18:30
Done. thanks a lot Natalia

Appreciate it, I have forwarded it to the engineers for a further evaluation, thank you for your support!
2017-7-7
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-7-18
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
Canada

Hi Natalia, any update from the engineers? It has been longtime. I returned my spark but I am planing to buy it in the future if this bug got fixed. It was really annoying for me
2017-7-21
Use props
Piranha911
lvl.1
Germany

I have the same problem. Tried it with iPhone 7 and with iPad Air 2 in different locations with definitely perfect Satellite Coverage. With other apps GPS works fine.
I Always get the message "Weak GPS" when i try to set the Homepoint on my Mobile Phone.

It's not possible to use active track, because after 100m Distance the Spark stops to follow because it thinks that i flew out of Distance. It doesn't recognize that my Mobilephone was moving...

Please give us a work-around or fix this issue.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

Piranha911 Posted at 2017-7-23 23:58
I have the same problem. Tried it with iPhone 7 and with iPad Air 2 in different locations with definitely perfect Satellite Coverage. With other apps GPS works fine.
I Always get the message "Weak GPS" when i try to set the Homepoint on my Mobile Phone.

still a bug, no one fixed this issue.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

fans20fc5630 Posted at 2017-7-26 08:30
still a bug, no one fixed this issue.

Still a bug and support people (including Natalia who offered help at the beginning of this post)  don't response. I am glad that I returned my spark on time. I am looking forward for vantage robotics [url=https://vantagerobotics.com/]https://vantagerobotics.com/[/url]to come out with snap, 1st American company that produce a competitive drone. I will never support a company that has bad customer service and unfortunately I worked with DJI 2 times, one with phantom 3 advanced 2 years ago and this time with spark. Support still the same, sucks to the highest level.
2017-7-27
Use props
Dgallagher77
New
Chile

Hi. I bought a Spark two days ago and Im having issues with gps connection. Can you help me?
2017-7-29
Use props
artform
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6873 ft
United Kingdom

ios, settings, privacy,  location services on. It helped to me I am not sure if its the same problem but you could try
2017-7-29
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

artform Posted at 2017-7-29 11:56
ios, settings, privacy,  location services on. It helped to me  I am not sure if its the same problem but you could try

Thats different that the issue of this forum. I can see the map on DJI go4 and my location is accurate, the problem is whenever I click on update location to be the cell phone, I get an error msg that GPS signal is weak. I have a friend with Iphone7 and has the same issue, its a bug but because of the unorganized DJI support, I donno how to report it and track it until its fixed. I returned my spark for a full refund and waiting for Snap from vantage robotics, finally a drone with american support.
2017-7-30
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Same issue even updated the software and firmware to the latest version. Using non-root Anroid 4.4.4 Samsung Note 4.

Cannot locate my mobile error message prompt on Go4 app 4.1.4 but if I using standalone GPS test app and 13 sat. was collected !
PS: Google location service was on
2017-7-30
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You need to give go4 location access in your iOS settings. Has nothing to do with Spark.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-7-30 18:36
You need to give go4 location access in your iOS settings. Has nothing to do with Spark.

read the whole forum to know that this is not the issue.
2017-7-31
Use props
Piranha911
lvl.1
Germany

no response from DJI Support to this issue any more?? Very disappointing, because this is really a major bug.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

Piranha911 Posted at 2017-8-1 06:08
no response from DJI Support to this issue any more?? Very disappointing, because this is really a major bug.

They didn't even sound they care to fix it. I returned my spark on time and I will save my money for a company that respect its clients.
2017-8-1
Use props
Piranha911
lvl.1
Germany

why don't you care about this problem, DJI??
2017-8-15
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Samsung S7 Edge - same issue. Weak signal even though i am in a wide open field.
Please fix as i sometimes like to move to different location whilst the quad is still in the air.
2017-8-15
Use props
fans20fc5630
lvl.3
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-8-15 17:08
Samsung S7 Edge - same issue. Weak signal even though i am in a wide open field.
Please fix as i sometimes like to move to different location whilst the quad is still in the air.

I am glad that I returned my Spark on time. a company with bad customer service doesn't deserve my money. The funny part is that I bought phantom 3 advanced couple of years ago and returned it for the same reason: bad customer service. when spark was announced, I thought DJI now is a big company and they are acting like a big company. but unfortunately I was wrong. Same bad service. I am waiting for Snap from vantage robotics. its the 1st American company that will produce drones that will compete with DJI. I talked to the owners and they are working to have a customer service like amazon. I pre-ordered my drone because they deserve my money.
2017-8-18
Use props
fans70cfb304
New
United States

I'm having the same issue! I'm trying my Spark for the first time outside. I get 4-6 satellites. So I came to the forum and saw some people had issues when the SD card was inserted. I went to the same spot tried it again with the SD card inserted and had 4-8 satellites. I then removed the SD card and suddenly it jumped to 18 satellites!! I don't really understand why this is the case and why some people are having the problem and others note. I cannot fly my Spark with an SD card inserted so I can't record anything!
2017-12-1
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57749 ft
United States

can I ask so if the problem is with the factory memory card from DJI. does it work if you install a Sandisk or Lexar card. Not sure how the card plays into this. I an just curious because I just upgraded to the Crystal Sky and that is when my GPS drop out started on my Inspire 1. However I was told by DJI that the GPS is actually in the aircraft not the tablet as I originally thought. anyways the issue I have is the GPS  fails shortly after takeoff.  any input on where the problem is coming from would be greatly appreciated.
2018-2-4
Use props
Amarillo
lvl.1
Argentina

Yesterday I had problems to fly because of Weak GPS Signal, I move several times ( one kilometer more or less)  until I got a stronger signal and could fly. Today I tried the same in the same places and I couldn`t fly because of weak GPS signal even in the place I flyed yesterday ... What should I do tomorrow ? Which settings I must have to fly without GPS signal ?
2018-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules