Inspire 2 IMU calibration
4023 8 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc280d3dc
New
Flight distance : 258100 ft
Canada

Hey guys new Inspire 2 owner but not new to the inspire series.I have tried looking through the manual and have done a few searches but is there not an IMU calibration for the Inspire 2. Have gone through the menus and cant seem to find it in the DJI go ap. Have done the most recent firmware upgrades, would like to calibrate the IMU prior to the first flight. Any how thanks for any advice. I do alot of reading on here but not alot of posting. I can get to the sensor state page in the app but the IMU calibration is not there.

2017-7-3
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Look again
2017-7-3
Use props
fansc280d3dc
New
Canada

I will have another look tonight and I hope its not there. Will let you know and grab a picture if its not.
2017-7-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay, I just saw your post and turned on my Go 4 App to take some screen shots without connecting my Inspire 2. from the device home screen tap on the top inspire 2 icon, now tap on  Sensors from the list...
Tap the IMU tab at the top and you will see the Calibrate IMU button in the middle of the page.  follow the prompts  
Rich
IMG_0159.PNG IMG_0157.PNG IMG_0156.PNG
2017-7-3
Use props
fansc280d3dc
New
Canada

Well it's there yup plain as day. Don't know how I missed it. Thanks
2017-7-3
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.2
Italy

Hi
Yesterday I tried my first IMU calibration for Inspire 2.
While it ran without any problem, I've got some doubt about correct positioning of the Inspire 2 while performing side calibrations.
Should it be kept leaning on the engines and holding it in hand with one hand, otherwise kept leaning on the legs and holding it with one hand?
The difference between two positions is in the vertical alignment: in the first one the Inspire 2 is more vertical and stable position, in the second one it is slightly inclined and much less stable position.

Anyone has tried and could give me advices?
Thanks
Ciao
Paolo
2017-7-4
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I let it rest on the motors so it's vertical.

I wouldn't hold it while it's calibrating as you will move it slightly and this could maybe effect the result?
2017-7-4
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

The picture on screen definitely shows it resting on the motor and inclined landing gear arm.
2017-7-4
Use props
canistraccioil
lvl.2
Italy

Thanks for reply!
Ciao
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules