Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Linking DJI Goggles to the Spark
15437 25 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdae0387d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 745 ft
United States

I'm trying to like my DJI Goggles to my Spark, but I can't seem to find any LINK button on the Spark, or in the User manual.  Where is the LINK button?
2017-7-3
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I understand the only way to use the goggles with Spark is to use a usb cable connected to the RC controller. If you have an I device you can use a hdmi to lightning adapter and use the hdmi input on the googles. Flew that way today with the fatsharks, still waiting for the DJI goggles to ship.  
2017-7-3
Use props
fans0574e734
New
United States

Does any min/mico usb cable work with the goggles and Spark? I ordered a cable from them and still waiting on it. Goggles arrived yesterday and I cant even use them. Also the setup does not show the spark as a supported unit. I upgraded firmware too.
2017-7-13
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Goggles cannot link to the Spark wirelessly (it can with the Mavic, but not the Spark). However, you can get a microUSB OTG dongle/adapter which you connect to the RC, then plug your phone cable to the adapter and the other end to your phone. That works.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans0574e734
New
United States

You mean   RC - to microUSB OTG adapter- to USB/miniUSB cable to Goggles right? Why plug to phone?
2017-7-13
Use props
fans88bebfcd
New
Flight distance : 6762 ft
Poland

fans0574e734 Posted at 2017-7-13 11:41
You mean   RC - to microUSB OTG adapter- to USB/miniUSB cable to Goggles right? Why plug to phone?

It is a special USB to HDMI adapter not USB to USB.  They sell 'em cheap on Amazon.
2017-8-5
Use props
AcesHigh
First Officer
Flight distance : 774872 ft
Austria

I am using a usb otg adapter and i connect the spark RC with my dji goggles but i do not get a live view - it just says Disconnected. Any advice?
Thank a lot
2017-8-5
Use props
AcesHigh
First Officer
Flight distance : 774872 ft
Austria

AcesHigh Posted at 2017-8-5 03:21
I am using a usb otg adapter and i connect the spark RC with my dji goggles but i do not get a live view - it just says Disconnected. Any advice?
Thank a lot

Tried it with a different OTB cable and now it is working
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI User845
New
United States

Does anyone know of the specifics to "activating" the dji goggles.  I tried the app 'assistant2' running on a MacPro and it updated the firmware(which happened automatically), but the only other option was 'upload data).  Nothing about activation or linking.

Tried the pin reset and after linking the controller to the spark, used that special short cable to the USB cable(same setup to attach to the macpro) then plugged into the controller...nothing...SHEECH!!!

I so now I tried drone-> controller(wifi)->ipad(wifi)->goggles plugged into IPad after all other three devices where up and running/communicating... nothing!  It just defaults on connection to the linking startup that says nothing of it actually supporting the spark platform!   Please, someone help???

Thanks!
2017-8-12
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

i have this,work?

2017-8-12
Use props
JMP
New
United Kingdom

Lian82 Posted at 2017-8-12 12:54
i have this,work?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/libapps/accounts/118100/images/apple_lightning_to_hdmi.jpg[/img]

So if Ive read this right, you get the goggles, spend 2 hours (so far) faffing about with software and firmware to discover you need a cable that is not supplied??  Really??
2018-1-30
Use props
fans13c25383
lvl.1

United States

SO not only did I spend a hour or so realizing I need a cable to connect to my  Spark to the controller I ordered a USB to Micro USB and that won't owrk.  The HDMI connector on the headset is a "micro HDMI "  SO  a Micro USB will not work "of course but I am discovering this the hard way.   I spend $ 500 on racing goggles (my mistake ) to find I have to "figure out what cable to use" . to connect it  ? I am thinking of returning this.  Had the googles for a week and nothing so far.
2018-8-5
Use props
Nick J.
lvl.1
Australia

I have bought proper DJI adapter for DJI goggles . Connected it to my spark  RC but I still get "disconnected" in goggles view.  I activated my goggles using Assistant 2 ( latest version) , connected it to RC via cable ... still the same. Spent 2 hours looking for answers in Internet. Tried everyting ... not working .. still "disconnected" . IOt is quite frustrating.  
The only what is left is to reset my goggles and try again from the beginning  , but HOW DO I DEACTIVATE my goggles ?
2018-9-11
Use props
fans7a44224a
United Kingdom

fans0574e734 Posted at 2017-7-13 11:41

Hi
I’ve got a DJI spark and I’ve just brought some DJI Goggles. I’ve set up the goggles on DJI assistant 2 and then turned the controller on and the spark then turned the goggles on then Connected the goggles. All that comes up is a dark grey screen and in the top left hand corner says disconnected. I was wondering whether to otg cable it got was any good or is it something else
Many thanks Paul
2019-2-19
Use props
fans7a44224a
United Kingdom

fans7a44224a Posted at 2-19 04:44
Hi
I’ve got a DJI spark and I’ve just brought some DJI Goggles. I’ve set up the goggles on DJI assistant 2 and then turned the controller on and the spark then turned the goggles on then Connected the goggles. All that comes up is a dark grey screen and in the top left hand corner says disconnected. I was wondering whether to otg cable it got was any good or is it something else
Many thanks Paul

No I didn’t use the phone I plugged the goggles straight into the rc. But the screen is blank with disconnected in the top left hand corner and I was wondering weather it is the otg cable or something else
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7a44224a Posted at 2-19 04:44
Hi
I’ve got a DJI spark and I’ve just brought some DJI Goggles. I’ve set up the goggles on DJI assistant 2 and then turned the controller on and the spark then turned the goggles on then Connected the goggles. All that comes up is a dark grey screen and in the top left hand corner says disconnected. I was wondering whether to otg cable it got was any good or is it something else
Many thanks Paul

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would like to congratulate you on  DJI Goggles. You have to activate and update the firmware of your DJI goggles as well as the aircraft. You may need to use the OTG cable which will allow you to connect your mobile phone to the DJI Goggles. You may refer to our video tutorial below. Thank you for continued support. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-2-19
Use props
fans7a44224a
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 14:06
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would like to congratulate you on  DJI Goggles. You have to activate and update the firmware of your DJI goggles as well as the aircraft. You may need to use the OTG cable which will allow you to connect your mobile phone to the DJI Goggles. You may refer to our video tutorial below. Thank you for continued support. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo1ki0_SfF4

Hi I did have the DJI goggles working but now I tried them again and all that comes up is this. Anything I can do to sort this out
Many thanks
29CDB673-55AB-4DB9-9A42-DA37C4F78C3F.jpeg
2019-3-1
Use props
fans7a44224a
United Kingdom

fans7a44224a Posted at 3-1 12:00
Hi I did have the DJI goggles working but now I tried them again and all that comes up is this. Anything I can do to sort this out
Many thanks[Image]

Hi I updated the drone and the goggles but still the same
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7a44224a Posted at 3-1 12:00
Many thanks

Hi, we do apologize for the late response. Do we have a chance to use a different OTG cable to isolate the situation? You may consider changing the cables for us to rectify this problem.  Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-3-3
Use props
fans7a44224a
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 13:36
Hi, we do apologize for the late response. Do we have a chance to use a different OTG cable to isolate the situation? You may consider changing the cables for us to rectify this problem.  Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Ok cheers
I have just sent off for another cable. So I’ll let you know soon as I can
Many thanks
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7a44224a Posted at 3-4 01:14
Ok cheers
I have just sent off for another cable. So I’ll let you know soon as I can
Many thanks

Hi, thanks for  your updates. Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-4
Use props
fans7a44224a
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-4 08:20
Hi, thanks for  your updates. Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Hi my new cable came today. So I connected them up and still nothing. The only thing that has changed is I have a green tick simble at the top
image.jpg
image.jpg
2019-3-13
Use props
fans7a44224a
United Kingdom

fans7a44224a Posted at 3-13 11:28
Hi my new cable came today. So I connected them up and still nothing. The only thing that has changed is I have a green tick simble at the top[Image]

Hi just found out it’s the socket in the RC. I was wiggling the new cable about and it worked So ive ordered another keep you posted
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7a44224a Posted at 3-13 12:34
Hi just found out it’s the socket in the RC. I was wiggling the new cable about and it worked So ive ordered another keep you posted

Hi, thanks for the updates. I'm glad to know that you were able to identify the situation. Hope that you will receive the right cable for your unit as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-14
Use props
fans7a44224a
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-14 08:46
Hi, thanks for the updates. I'm glad to know that you were able to identify the situation. Hope that you will receive the right cable for your unit as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
Hi
All fixed now. Had to get a new remote the socket was damaged.
Another question I would like to ask is if I plug my phone in to the remote with the otg cable and set it to fly in fcc mode. When I unplug my phone and plug in my DJI Goggles do I lose the fcc mode or not
Many Thanks
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7a44224a Posted at 3-18 23:49
Hi
All fixed now. Had to get a new remote the socket was damaged.
Another question I would like to ask is if I plug my phone in to the remote with the otg cable and set it to fly in fcc mode. When I unplug my phone and plug in my DJI Goggles do I lose the fcc mode or not

Hi, thanks for your update. We're glad that the situation has been fixed. Regarding the concern about FCC mode, Spark cannot manually switch among FCC, CE, and SRRC. The aircraft will locate the country and region according to the condition of the mobile device and the GPS of the aircraft and then switch to the standards in accordance with local laws and regulations. Therefore, regardless if you were using a mobile device or DJI Goggles, the aircraft should stay on FCC, CE or SRCC depending on your region. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules