N3 - DataLog analyzes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fmarcelino
lvl.1

Brazil

Gentlemen,
I have a very basic problem with my hexacopter, wheelbase 833mm & 4100g. I am try to takeoff for the very first time and the aircraft just flip over ´to same the side`. Ihave calibrated the six esc´s at once and apparently no issues or error. All motors starts accordingly. Propellers, spin direction, motor position, all re-checked several times. Firmwares all on the last version. ESC Hobbywing 40A, Motors Sunnysky x4108s-380kv, RC Futaba Sbus, Lipo Batt 10Ah 22.2v. I am attaching the configuration file Monday, 2017-07-03, 7-13-24 pm.zip (10.72 KB, Down times: 2)
2017-7-4
Use props
Bender
New

Canada

Any luck FMarcelino with your take off?

I believe I have the same issue you described, however I can't read your config file, not sure how. The flip on takeoff happened to me, twice. I have always suspected IMU location is a factor, but it shouldn't matter of it's correctly measured from the center of gravity.

Motors, props mounted correctly and spin in correct directions, and all ESC signal cables are attached to the correct ports. In the field pre-flight, I calibrated the compass with a solid yellow light, turned green and then blinking as it settled itself into program mode after collecting satellites I assume (confirmed in flight data). I preformed the CSC startup, motors idle at 15%, as throttle increased it seemed delayed until just above 50%, then after lift on one side only it flipped over. I have the flight data... After that, I changed aircraft orientation almost 180 on the ground to start from, powered up aircraft again, re-calibrated compass again with the two different 360 degree orientations, followed the same steps on startup and throttle up and it flipped toward the same heading/direction.. even though I oriented the forward position of the aircraft differently the second time.

Looking at the flight data in the DJI viewer, some of the motors had a lower signature compared to the others at around the same time as on RC input at my throttle up, but the FC 'control' signal for pitch was very strong right at the same throttle up instance. So I assume there is some stored value in the N3 before flight, or potentially some kind of IMU bias, compass and/or ESC combined which causes it to flip.. the only other thing which strikes me as similar from reading many many hours of posts about escs and takeoff on forums, is that in this case, I am also using Futaba SBUS and and the N3 is flipping on takeoff.

I have also ensured that all my channels settings for my radio correspond correctly to others online, A1 norm E2 rev T3 rev R4 norm and I cannot see where there may be some kind of trim setting I have missed, because I've followed many other videos online to set mine up.

I have an N3 octo with DJI e1200 ESC's, I am using a Futaba T6K TX radio with SBus (sbus2) and I have chosen 'other' on the Assistant esc pop down menu.

I have the latest Assistant and firmware update for the N3.

Any anti-flip advice from other experienced Futaba sbus N3 users, or DJI themselves, would be great!
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules