[barometer] disconnect please reset and check connection
4014 10 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

After 7 days of work and bad weather, today it was time to do some drone-flying... NOT

Arrived at the location, set-up the drone, switched on RC, switched on Mavic... waiting for GPS.... CANNOT TAKE OFF!

[barometer] disconnect please reset and check connection...

Did reset many times (switching off/on MP and RC), nothing worked... went home and contacted DJI via live chat... explained my problem and they suggested to calibrate compass first...

- Compass calibration succeeded --- still get the error...
- Next option, refresh firmware with DJI Assistant 2...
- Refreshed Firmware 0900 --- same error
- Downgraded to Firmware 0800 -- same error and an error that I should update
- Upgraded again to Firmware 0900 --- still the same error...

Last reply from DJI in chat: SEND IT IN!

Have contacted my reseller, going to bring my MP back tomorrow and will hear what they have to say about it...

Strange enough this error is not visible in Android App (4.1.3), the only message you get is that you can't take off. For sure that the Android app is not on the same level as iOS app for showing error-messages... This needs a little work DJI!

2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for the experience with our product. Have you tried to calibrate the IMU? Is there a chance to provide the screenshot here?
2017-7-5
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Support didn't suggest to calibrate IMU.

Took photograph of message (wasn't able to make screencapture)...

Error was only visible on iOS device not on android. In both cases not able to take off
20170705_205752.jpg
2017-7-6
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

My reseller will send drone in for repair... now the waiting starts...
2017-7-6
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

Picked Up my Drone @ the reseller... now charging battery and remote-battery... when finished will see if DJI has repaired it like it should (they swapped Mavic, got one with an other serial)...
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mari Posted at 2017-7-18 09:04
Picked Up my Drone @ the reseller... now charging battery and remote-battery... when finished will see if DJI has repaired it like it should (they swapped Mavic, got one with an other serial)...

Please test the flight performance at your most convenience and keep us posted if there is any further questions.
2017-7-18
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

Did some flying today... was able to fly 2 batteries without any troubles and enjoying the weather ;-)  another 11.000 meters in distance...
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mari Posted at 2017-7-19 11:47
Did some flying today... was able to fly 2 batteries without any troubles and enjoying the weather ;-)  another 11.000 meters in distance...

That's great, please keep us posted for further questions. Enjoy flying.
2017-7-19
Use props
SebaF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589462 ft
Argentina

Do you know which was the failure?  I am having the same problem, but I am in Argentina. We do not have DJI Support. So I will try to change the hardware in trouble to solve it. Thanks in advance
2018-11-13
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

As you can read, the drone was replaced. DJI doesn't tell you what the exact problem was!
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SebaF Posted at 11-13 07:04
Do you know which was the failure?  I am having the same problem, but I am in Argentina. We do not have DJI Support. So I will try to change the hardware in trouble to solve it. Thanks in advance

Hi SebaF, just to verify, which drone do you use and has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? If not, you may try to refresh the current firmware and calibrate the IMU to see whether it helps.
2018-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules