Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Calibrating horizon Q?
3088 6 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Husabergen
Flight distance : 95443 ft
Norway

Hello there.
I am looking throug clips i made from a holiday now, and i can see that the Horizon keeps changing often.
Is this like you always need to calibrate horizon after unpacking the Osmo from bag?
Or is this an error in some sort?

Maybe u can put in an option to use the mobiles horizion calibration inn go-app? the mobiles now a days often have internal level-control?
So in some sort a "auto-mode" in calibration

2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It's not necessary to calibrate the gimbal and Roll axis every time, just calibrate them when the gimbal doesn't work well and the horizon is slant.
Usually when power on the Osmo Mobile, the gimbal will self-checking to keep balance. I'm sorry that I don't really get your problem, what do you mean ''Horizon keeps changing often''? Is there any video can be provided to us?
2017-7-6
Use props
Husabergen
Norway

I used the Osmo mobile allot the last days. 4-5 times a day i had to calibrate/adjust the horizon aliignment. During a day with 20-30 startups.
i mean the Camera was not in "perfect horizon"

Its not a big problem for me. Its easy to calibrate, but when it happens often its frustrating..
2017-7-6
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Husabergen Posted at 2017-7-6 01:51
I used the Osmo mobile allot the last days. 4-5 times a day i had to calibrate/adjust the horizon aliignment. During a day with 20-30 startups.
i mean the Camera was not in "perfect horizon"

I have the same issue with my osmo and my friend also has the same issue with his osmo mobile.
The horizon drifts from time to time and quite often you need to perform a quick horizon adjustment.
2017-7-6
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.4
United States

Is the horizon adjustment made in the DJI app a hardware adjustment to the gimbal, so it would still hold true in other apps like Filmic Pro?
2017-7-7
Use props
CraigAR
New
Flight distance : 89 ft
United States

I have the same issue when I'm using the Osmo mounted on my bicycle. I get great footage, but it's strange in that often when I'm riding on just a flat road or trail, the horizon will often just start tilting, one way or the other. No time to re-calibrate while your riding.
2017-7-7
Use props
Husabergen
Netherlands

jeffbake Posted at 2017-7-7 09:54
Is the horizon adjustment made in the DJI app a hardware adjustment to the gimbal, so it would still hold true in other apps like Filmic Pro?

Its made in the GO-app. No hardware calibration
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules