Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro is Available (06/07/2017)
85941 202 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans920a1b6b
lvl.1

New Zealand

dr_one Posted at 2017-7-6 07:45
Is anyone can help me...
I have a problem with my P3P after it's upgrade with new firmware. The RC is didn't want to connect with the AC, the armlight is off and the P3P sound is very loud..
Is there any solution that i can do to fix this?

Here is the Fix the RC is not being upgraded by the App Store if you are using IOS, this gives you video break up and no connection. Use an Android device with the RC and it will update, then go back to the IOS device and Calibrate your sticks. All should be good.
2017-7-15
Use props
fans920a1b6b
lvl.1

New Zealand

fans03dff440 Posted at 2017-7-11 12:39
After the All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.11.20 I can’t re-link the aircraft with the remote controller anymore. How can I fix this?

Here is the Fix the RC is not being upgraded by the App Store if you are using IOS, this gives you video break up and no connection. Use an Android device with the RC and it will update, then go back to the IOS device and Calibrate your sticks. All should be good.
2017-7-15
Use props
djiuser_iPeDSsp
New

Belgium

Hello, I updated my P3 4k and since then I'm always locked to 30m altitude and 50m distance.
Everything is connected as it should be (Iphone with controller, controller to Dji with DJI GO).

Anyone here had the same? Still wondering how to avoid this limitation.

Thanks
2017-7-16
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

djiuser_iPeDSsp Posted at 2017-7-16 12:43
Hello, I updated my P3 4k and since then I'm always locked to 30m altitude and 50m distance.
Everything is connected as it should be (Iphone with controller, controller to Dji with DJI GO).

If your not logged in or connected to the app then it's working like the Dr. (DJI) ordered.  Also, the firmware for the P3 4K is different from the one for the Pro/Adv mentioned in this thread.
2017-7-16
Use props
rafael.reines.g
New
Brazil

dr_one Posted at 2017-7-6 07:45
Is anyone can help me...
I have a problem with my P3P after it's upgrade with new firmware. The RC is didn't want to connect with the AC, the armlight is off and the P3P sound is very loud..
Is there any solution that i can do to fix this?

The same with me! I loose a job because of this!
2017-7-17
Use props
nmiller67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559117 ft
United States

Carl France Posted at 2017-7-6 23:16
I have just upgraded my Phantom 3 Pro (IPad upgraded to latest App), upgraded RC to V01.11.0020; all OK, connect up and upgraded remote controller to latest version, all went OK, rebooted all.

Remote controller will not now connect to RC a red light on remote controller and beeping, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For this you just have to relink your controller to the aircraft.  Good videos on YouTube on this it's a quick fix.
2017-7-17
Use props
nmiller67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559117 ft
United States

Is anyone having the video distortion issues since the update?  Did you have a fix?

I don't seem to be having any of the other issues.  I did have issues updating and had to re-link controller, etc. but I calibrated the controller, IMU, the Drone, etc.   I did have the controller lose connection after about 6 flights and before the 7th flight the controller for some reason lost connection to the drone and had to re-link again.

At this point the only major complaint is the distortion on the display or lag whatever you want to call it at times.   I'm using an Ipad Mini 3 with my P3P.  Has been very smooth display prior to this update.
2017-7-17
Use props
dtb1970
New

United States

Hi all, I was gifted a P3P, and have just updated the firmware on it. The problem is that the firmware on the remote controller is all the way back to 1.1.8, and will not update with the newest firmware file. I get a text output file on the SD card that says the firmware on the SD card is the same or older as what's on the remote, even though it's not. I am guessing that maybe when it tries to update, it sees the first numbers as simply "118", compared to the beginning numbers of "111" I'm trying to use, and stops there? Tried all three methods of updating, but no dice, and it won't connect to the P3P now.

Seems like from the research I've done, I need to use the 1.3.20 firmware on the remote controller first, and then update the rest of the way from there? The problem is, I can't find that version of the firmware anywhere at all, only the newest 1.11.20 version. Hoping someone knows of a sneaky link I can snag it from and hopefully get this thing working again. I'm pretty new to this, so any help would be appreciated!
2017-7-18
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

dtb1970 Posted at 2017-7-18 03:28
Hi all, I was gifted a P3P, and have just updated the firmware on it. The problem is that the firmware on the remote controller is all the way back to 1.1.8, and will not update with the newest firmware file. I get a text output file on the SD card that says the firmware on the SD card is the same or older as what's on the remote, even though it's not. I am guessing that maybe when it tries to update, it sees the first numbers as simply "118", compared to the beginning numbers of "111" I'm trying to use, and stops there? Tried all three methods of updating, but no dice, and it won't connect to the P3P now.

Seems like from the research I've done, I need to use the 1.3.20 firmware on the remote controller first, and then update the rest of the way from there? The problem is, I can't find that version of the firmware anywhere at all, only the newest 1.11.20 version. Hoping someone knows of a sneaky link I can snag it from and hopefully get this thing working again. I'm pretty new to this, so any help would be appreciated!

Here you go;

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phant ... al/#FirmwareArchive

2017-7-18
Use props
dtb1970
New

United States

Thank you sir! Hopefully this will work. Cheers!  
2017-7-18
Use props
fans80f588af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48576 ft
United Kingdom

dtb1970 Posted at 2017-7-18 05:46
Thank you sir! Hopefully this will work. Cheers!

Hi folks, I've had the same problems that you all seem to be describing, my machine has been grounded for almost a week as a result. My P3A was working fine until I upgraded the iOS to 10.3.2 last week around the same time as updating the App/RC/AC when it all fell apart. I have just tried it out on a very old & slow Samsung galaxy tab 3 and then the whole kit seems to work. When I disconnect the Samsung and reconnect the ipad, then start the Go app it hangs after 4 seconds and throws you back to  iPad "desktop". Sounds like an apple iOS/Go issue possibly?
2017-7-18
Use props
CharlieChap
New

France

I have just updated both the drone and the remote and the app. now when I enter camera view the app just crashes. I have tried uninstalling rebooting etc.... with no luck. Can anyone help me please? Ihave a P3A and Iphone 6s plus
2017-7-19
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

Strange.. DJI has not chimed in or provided *any* opinion or advice on this obv. failed update?
2017-7-20
Use props
DevilDogRick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23261 ft
United States

Tima Posted at 2017-7-9 07:42
No ATTI Mode or  S mode after update P mode is ok
phantom and controler all up to date
DJI APP up to date to.

Try turning on the "Use multiple flying modes" option in the Go app advanced settings as I noticed  mine was turned off after the update.
2017-7-20
Use props
DevilDogRick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23261 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-14 09:32
Its such a small file - why delete ? Saves downloading it again to update any new battery ..

Nigel

According to the DJI video for doing the firmware upgrade if you leave the bin file on your memory card after the upgrade then the AC will not fly right.
I don't know if that is a fact or not as I didn't test it. Just letting you know what they claimed in the video Nigel.
2017-7-20
Use props
ryanfmoore995
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9088 ft
Romania

I upgraded and noe my drone is stuck in a 30 meter circle around me. I have deleted app, gone in mc settings multiple times and made sure the begginner mode is turned off.  nothing works.  fixes?
2017-7-21
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-7-6 22:10
Oh ... I do not do the update. Previous firmware works great flawlessly incliding previous version of Dji GO. I see no benefit of updating. Unless the update make my P3P does like Mavic, as the P4 update then I will certainly do it.

Phooey...there's always one smart one in the group  
2017-7-22
Use props
darren.ntponds
lvl.1
United States

I just updated both the controller and the phantom itself. Controller was fine but now after upgrading my phantom has solid red light and fast blinking yellow. Not connecting anymore to the app.  

How do i fix this?
2017-7-22
Use props
rwaters
New

United States

Updated to  v1.11.20 and now have lost all video feeds. I have reset the AC and re-linked RC and still no luck. Is there something else I am missing. Android and iOS both do not show video feed after this update.
2017-7-22
Use props
Dracknarus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157484 ft
France

hello

Is the new update v1.11.20. available in France  for the DJI PH3 pro ?
2017-7-23
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

Well, it's been over a month since the release of the bios update.  My P3P has exhibited all the symptoms listed here as well.  I re-linked the RC to the bird and it will at least fly but I still get the crappy video that freezes up.  Every device I hook to (iPhone 6 plus, iPad air 2, iPad mini, and my new iPad Pro) all give me the "mobile device CPU" fully loaded.    I have NOT seen a reply from an official DJI tech here with a solution.  
That, combined with the fact that the model was discontinued and rumors of no support, and what is looking like a sabotage bios upgrade is making me think this might be a purposeful move to  force me out of the P3 arena and into one of the newer models.  Never been a conspiracy theorist, but just sayin...Hmmmm.
2017-7-23
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

Carl France Posted at 2017-7-6 23:23
For the benefit of others whom may have an issue with this, the resolution was on another thread here

Yes, had to re-link to get firmware to update the remote controller. Remote kept blinking and beeping.
2017-7-23
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

Had a few issues installing the update and now everything seems back to normal, sort of. But now I can't seem to get my maximum altitude over 100 feet. I have adjusted on the app and I can see my max altitude there, but when I go to fly, it keeps restricting me to 100 feet and saying I'm at max altitude, even if I put in 200 meters. I have beginner's mode off. Not sure what I'm missing. Any info appreciated.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans9a7c0aa0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

fansf08ea396 Posted at 2017-7-6 09:58
This upgrade video seems to be a little behind.    It is my understanding that later versions of the firmware require that the upgrades be done using DJI-GO.   And cannot be done using this SD card method.

Is this correct?   

I just used that method for the latest update and it worked fine ( the method you used ) HOWEVER it erased all my internal app settings including the return to home altitude and because of that I had a crash. I was surveying a piece of land a new home development in Phoenix, AZ and when the battery was low I this return to home. It was at 264 feet. So it came home descending the whole way down to zero! I spotted it heading straight for me at full speed and did not have the time to flip the switch to p mode which would have stopped it. It bounced off the road (rural area) flipped upside down and slid right up to my feet with the props still spinning sucking up desert dirt and rocks. So the moral of my story. After any firmware, upadate check all the settings and check them as part of your pre-flight routine. I've never had that happen before but found a notice by DJI that it might erase all settings. Just found it a month after the crash. Cost me 4 new motors. That was all.
2017-7-23
Use props
pnewell0259
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65892 ft
United Kingdom

need to get my count up !!
2017-7-24
Use props
fansb6c14fd6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

After updating my firmware and iOS software I can no longer fly over 30m. I've manually reset the max altitude and distance so that isn't the issue.Does anyone know what the changes to 'no fly zone' mentioned is? I'm flying in a area bordering a built up area,around 3 miles from an airport and 4 miles from approach flight path. Could that be the problem? (Was able to fly at 30m+ previously)
2017-7-24
Use props
fans337b355b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 500741 ft
United Kingdom

We are having the same issue with our P3P.
Go app not linking to equipment & therefore can't get into the camera screen.
We can start motors & fly, just can't see what we're doing or any RC/AC info!

Why are DJI being so quiet on this issue

2017-7-24
Use props
fans424bfae4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6415869 ft
United States

I recently purchased a FACtory refurbished Phantom P3 Advanced. I updated both the remote and the aircraft succesfully.  Video Link is excellent, flight performance is excellent all parameters, and camera performance and gimbal is excellent.  When I first booted up everything was perfect.  Then after my first flight, upon my very nexgt flight the MAP GOES BLANK, and I mean BLANK,, NO RED ARROW< NO FLIGHT PATH, No background at all.  Deleted and REinstalled map same thing happnes first flight is great but then teh map is blank again on second flight.  Chatted with TEchnincal Service, went through their reccomendation which was to deleate the ap yet again, but this time go through 2 consectuive RELINK procedures.  This was to no avail either. I am using an IPAD MINI 4 WIFI CELLUAR with 128gb. It shows 66GB FREE.  TEsted flight with the BLANK MAP and all is good, the radar screeen still works and I am getting all telemetry.  But I believe this is a serious safety issue.   Can someone at DJI please help or pass on to the engineers they need to insure the glitches I am reading about in th forum on this update are fixed please..  Thank you
2017-7-25
Use props
Eddy_d
New

Canada

Having trouble connecting with iPhone7:
-The Drone is a Phantom Advanced I believe #3 based on model#W322
-Worked before with iPhone 6 but after downloading the app on iPhone7 it won't connect
-App v3.1.13
Would like some trouble shooting help please?
2017-7-26
Use props
fans0e2be299
New

United States

I have a hardware malfunction on my dji drone phantom standard 3
No gimbal roll
2017-7-27
Use props
fans29fd0e5c
lvl.1
Canada

IOS version users, while I did the update, after seeing my set up, Be aware to check all your max distance set up specificaly for RETURN HOME OPTION and MAXIMUM FLIGHT DISTANCE OPTION before flighing because the new update drops everything at 0 meters !!!
Let's say a return home default set at a default of 0 meter it's not very recommanded.  Wondering what's going on with this new version...
Good luck!
2017-7-27
Use props
KCadby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

Business as usual...
Release new firmware that isn't thoroughly tested (trouble free) AND put limits and or requirements (must connect and sign in) just to be able to use the products that we paid for?!?!?!
I bought a refurbished P3P 5 months ago and couldn't be happier with how it worked out of the box...
I have many MANY Trouble Free flights on it now and there's only ONE reason I have wanted to see a GOOD WORKING UPDATE (to the software)...
The only issue I've ever had was/IS that when I updated my Nvidia K1 to Nougat (back in Jan. when I had a P3S) the GO app. started crashing...
I've been putting up with that for SEVERAL MONTHS because DJI DOESN'T PRIORITIZE FIXING ISSUES...

I've known for months that backing up my K1 to the previous OS will fix the software crashing issue (GO never-ever crashed before the Nougat update) and the only reason(s) I didn't do that already is 1: I've been waiting for the K1 warranty to run out and 2: Maybe DJI will FIX THE ISSUE with new Software before my K1 warranty runs out...
I read a couple of threads/posts on Phantom Pilots (which side-tracked me to this thread) that say the new GO software doesn't crash on Nougat but having to sign in and being limited if you don't???
SERIOUSLY!?!?!? My K1 is WiFi only and my P3P has and still works perfect so I have no intentions of "updating" it...

Sorry for my rant but I suggest NOT doing ANY update(s) if you don't NEED to...
2017-7-27
Use props
djiuser_y7E5784
New

United States

I am having trouble with my Phantom 3 Pro. I have tried to upgrade the newest firmware, followed all the correct procedures (Downloaded the zip file. Extracted the .bin file. Put the .bin on the micro SD card. Inserted it into the drone.) But last night it said it was incomplete and told me the parts that were incomplete. Ever since then I have been trying to do the same thing. I have reformated my card and put the .bin file back on, but no luck (however when I reformat the card it still shows it has the "DCIM" folder on the card, is this ok?) When ever I put the card in and power on the drone the gimbal does its this and makes the initial beeping "ddd_dd" and then is quiet the rest of the time. Please help me, I just got this drone from Adorama yesterday, it is used but the description and the way it looks is "like new."

Thank you for reading my inquiry, I hope you have a great weekend.
2017-7-29
Use props
Simba028
New
United States

I bought a Crystalsky high brightness monitor for my P3P and when I tried to use it I was forced to update the firmware for both the aircraft and the RC.   I did a successful update to the aircraft but the Crystalsky would not download the update for the RC.  I connected my iPhone 7 to the RC and it downloaded and updated the RC okay.   I had to relink the RC to the aircraft and then it appeared normal.  I put the Crystalsky back on the controller and tested the drone but it only goes 96 feet up and only 164 feet distance.   The Crystalsky does not ask me to log in to DJI, which I know is required to activate the new firmware to bypass the built in limitations and get video downlink but it doesn't try to log in.   I contacted online support at DJI and when I could get any response at all, the said download the app and reinstall.  I can't get the CS to download anything (Google doesn't recognize the device) and I don't know how to delete the old app.   I am furious after spending the money for the drone and the extremely expensive  CS that I can't get video or fly beyond 164 feet distance and 96 feet high.    Any ideas?
2017-7-29
Use props
Simba028
New
United States

Simba028 Posted at 2017-7-29 04:59
I bought a Crystalsky high brightness monitor for my P3P and when I tried to use it I was forced to update the firmware for both the aircraft and the RC.   I did a successful update to the aircraft but the Crystalsky would not download the update for the RC.  I connected my iPhone 7 to the RC and it downloaded and updated the RC okay.   I had to relink the RC to the aircraft and then it appeared normal.  I put the Crystalsky back on the controller and tested the drone but it only goes 96 feet up and only 164 feet distance.   The Crystalsky does not ask me to log in to DJI, which I know is required to activate the new firmware to bypass the built in limitations and get video downlink but it doesn't try to log in.   I contacted online support at DJI and when I could get any response at all, the said download the app and reinstall.  I can't get the CS to download anything (Google doesn't recognize the device) and I don't know how to delete the old app.   I am furious after spending the money for the drone and the extremely expensive  CS that I can't get video or fly beyond 164 feet distance and 96 feet high.    Any ideas?

Okay, I admit that sometimes I don't think of the obvious.  I am not familiar with all of the functions of the DJI GO app and previously didn't have to do anything but bring the app up and turn my equipment on and fly.   I used the ME icon at the bottom of the DJI GO app on the Crystalsky and found the login screen.  With the RC turned on and the CS connected I logged into DJI.  I then turned the controller off and went outside to test again.   This time the drone flew above the default limits and within the limits I set  (on this flight I went to 250 feet height and distance of 400 feet).   Everything seemed fine except that while hovering at 250 feet and rotating the drone I got a 'no signal' message.  I could still control the drone and video was being shown.   As I brought the drone back I got the message again and then I noticed no video down link and my record indicator showed it was not recording.    I took the recording off of the drone and found that it was extremely jittery.   Previous to the update I had a little jitter but this was terrible.

As for the Crystalsky, I think I wasted my money.  The screen is really no brighter than my iPad was and  you really can't see the screen in the daylight.
2017-7-29
Use props
Simba028
New
United States

djiuser_y7E5784 Posted at 2017-7-29 04:18
I am having trouble with my Phantom 3 Pro. I have tried to upgrade the newest firmware, followed all the correct procedures (Downloaded the zip file. Extracted the .bin file. Put the .bin on the micro SD card. Inserted it into the drone.) But last night it said it was incomplete and told me the parts that were incomplete. Ever since then I have been trying to do the same thing. I have reformated my card and put the .bin file back on, but no luck (however when I reformat the card it still shows it has the "DCIM" folder on the card, is this ok?) When ever I put the card in and power on the drone the gimbal does its this and makes the initial beeping "ddd_dd" and then is quiet the rest of the time. Please help me, I just got this drone from Adorama yesterday, it is used but the description and the way it looks is "like new."

If you format the SD card the DCIM should not be there.   If the drone boots with SD card in it will create the DCIM folder.   Did you format it in the drone or in a PC and verify that the DCIM was gone?   My experience is that as long as the .bin file is in the root directory of the SD (with or with a DCIM folder) it should update.  It sounds like you might have a repair issue.
2017-7-29
Use props
djiuser_y7E5784
New

United States

Simba028 Posted at 2017-7-29 06:50
If you format the SD card the DCIM should not be there.   If the drone boots with SD card in it will create the DCIM folder.   Did you format it in the drone or in a PC and verify that the DCIM was gone?   My experience is that as long as the .bin file is in the root directory of the SD (with or with a DCIM folder) it should update.  It sounds like you might have a repair issue.

I reformatted it in the drone and my Mac
2017-7-29
Use props
djiuser_y7E5784
New

United States

djiuser_y7E5784 Posted at 2017-7-29 04:18

This is the message I am getting:

"Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

========== 2015.08.23 19:23:47 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.10.01 23:18:11 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.10.01 23:34:48 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
Upgrading ...

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:01:12 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:22 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2017.07.29 10:38:03 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."
2017-7-29
Use props
Simba028
New
United States

djiuser_y7E5784 Posted at 2017-7-29 07:07
I reformatted it in the drone and my Mac

Have you tried using a different SD card?   I have never done this but you can connect your Mac to the drone with the SD installed and format it that way and then copy the .bin file to the card while in the drone.   If that doesn't work it sounds like you might have a problem with the drone.
I just reread you last post and I see that you did reformatted in the drone.
2017-7-29
Use props
Simba028
New
United States

djiuser_y7E5784 Posted at 2017-7-29 07:09
This is the message I am getting:

"Result: Corrupted.

I may be missing something but the log says that it was succesfully upgraded and then it says abort which indicates it is already upgraded and no need to redo the upgrade.
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules