Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro is Available (06/07/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans88e19720
lvl.1

India

I got the same problem of red light on RC after update. Thanks SNOWY3000 my problem is solved now
2017-8-10
Use props
Mapix
lvl.1
Sweden

bignasty Posted at 2017-8-9 07:39
I am getting esc errors since I updated the software and have not been able to start the motors since. Anyone else have this issue? I just reinstalled the software but I haven't tried to fly it yet.

Yup, grounded.
Tried http://forum.dji.com/thread-107848-1-1.html, didn't solve my problem. Giving it another try tonight.
2017-8-10
Use props
giant
lvl.1
Indonesia

is there a bug at the firmware P3P_FW_V01.11.0020.bin? after done with AC , next My RC and the result is Fail to upadate and can't connect to any usb "beeping and blinking red". Please help solve my problem.
2017-8-10
Use props
phlip
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Apologies is this is the same problem as stated above, it seems similar but as we are all based in different parts of the world our attempted explanations are perhaps a little different.

Latest firmware has I think been installed to AC but failed on RC.

I now have green light on AC, red arm lights to front and yellow flashing lights to rear arms (which I think is simply the no GPS or calibrate warning)  I cannot see the firmware on the AC but think that all is well.
The led next to the link button is alternating green and red with red remaining on for longer than green.
The RC has a red light.
I cannot connect the AC and RC and cannot update the RC

With attempted assistance from tech support I (in theory) reset the units as follows;

AC off RC on
c1,c2,shutter all pressed, switch RC off
AC on, RC on

I then followed the instructions for a forced firmware upgrade to RC;

AC off, RC on
C1,C2, rec, right hand wheel pressed, turn off RC without loosing buttons turn on RC
The RC light is now white/possibly very pale blue

I tried then inserting USB for update but also tried this "reboot" with USB already inserted and also turned off RC and then back on normally with USB inserted.  RC came back on with constant Red light and did nothing until it eventually turned itself off.

I attempted to link the AC and RC by using;

AC on - press link button.  The red light flashes red.
C1,C2, rec all pressed - switch on RC
C1,C2, rec, wheel  - there is a beep and the pale blue / white light but no link to AC

Following the video on page 1 of this thread, after hitting link RC button  I get a message asking me to confirm frequency - does this mean the same as the message shown in the video?

I assumed so and clicked ok but the AC and RC still do not link.

If I had wits then I would currently be at the end of them.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-8-11
Use props
Phil - P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

phlip Posted at 2017-8-11 01:19
Apologies is this is the same problem as stated above, it seems similar but as we are all based in different parts of the world our attempted explanations are perhaps a little different.

Addendum - having reconnected the tablet to the RC -  I can see the app version 3.1.10 but the version line below that it blank - it was previously displaying 1.9.2
2017-8-11
Use props
Phil - P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

frankencopter Posted at 2017-7-23 04:47
Well, it's been over a month since the release of the bios update.  My P3P has exhibited all the symptoms listed here as well.  I re-linked the RC to the bird and it will at least fly but I still get the crappy video that freezes up.  Every device I hook to (iPhone 6 plus, iPad air 2, iPad mini, and my new iPad Pro) all give me the "mobile device CPU" fully loaded.    I have NOT seen a reply from an official DJI tech here with a solution.  
That, combined with the fact that the model was discontinued and rumors of no support, and what is looking like a sabotage bios upgrade is making me think this might be a purposeful move to  force me out of the P3 arena and into one of the newer models.  Never been a conspiracy theorist, but just sayin...Hmmmm.

I am not saying that you are wrong regards DJI wishing for us all to buy a P4 or newer but I think, given the issues, that just as many folk would buy an alternate manufacturer
2017-8-11
Use props
Phil - P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sky Tiger Posted at 2017-8-9 05:41
Won't it reboot the .bin file every time you start the aircraft again? I think you have to delete the file from the card.

I think - but bear in mind that I know nothing - that it will ignore a bin file if it is current or older than the onboard version
2017-8-11
Use props
Phil - P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans88e19720 Posted at 2017-8-10 02:53
I got the same problem of red light on RC after update. Thanks SNOWY3000 my problem is solved now

I have looked through the posts umpteen times but cannot find the post from Snowy3000 - can you please advise what the post number is ?
2017-8-11
Use props
nmiller67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559117 ft
United States

Phil - P3P Posted at 2017-8-11 02:09
I have looked through the posts umpteen times but cannot find the post from Snowy3000 - can you please advise what the post number is ?

I couldn't figure out from my iPad mini how to link a post I put in Phantom 3 forum with the title and my username below.

Seems to have helped me out with my issues post updates.  Give it a shot and would love to know if anyone benefits and share further.  I was grounded until I started my own trial and error fixes using all the info on various posts and experience of my own.  

My post info - May help with some of the Issues with July 2017 Update -nmiller67
2017-8-11
Use props
fans7b11ccab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198432 ft
United States

I have been using my dedicated Ipad mini with my P3P for 2 years without a problem. I updated the AC to 1.11.20. RC to 1.9.2 and Go App to 3.1.13, all without a problem. First time I flew, I get a message "Mobil device fully loaded" and a partial green screen in the camera view. I tried another Ipad Mini. Same problem. I tried my Iphone 7plus, and had no problem. Looking at the forums, it seems i'm not the only person. Any word on DJI fixing this problem? At this point, I really don't want to, and should not have to, upgrade my device. Most of what I have read points to the Go App.
2017-8-11
Use props
Phil - P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

phlip Posted at 2017-8-11 01:19

Folks, despite spending a couple of hours with the folk from tech support and then probably half a day revisiting all of their suggestions etc my kit now seems to be ok again - thanks to a mate that works for ... Maplin.

I had not uninstalled and resinstalled the DJI Go app as it appeared ok.  However upon doing so and then relinking the unit based on the clip on page 1 I now have a green RC light.

It's 10.15pm here and I am surrounded by trees (plus my RC is flat) so I won't know for certain until tomorrow but this is the most promising it has looked yet.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans7f21b292
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26017 ft
United States

I guess I am going to throw in the towell, I just ordered a "Flying Pumpkin" I am tired of the P3P paperweight I have now.

Hopfully they will get firmware to fix the P3P so I can sell it, I would not pass it off to an enemy the way it is....

I am sorry to the folks I talked into DJI !!!
2017-8-11
Use props
Bfrank1
New
United States

cant get it to go onto SD card
2017-8-13
Use props
talltimmynsd
New

United States

Have not been able to go above 100' since new firmware......beware!!!!!!
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104708 ft

United States

dr_one Posted at 2017-7-6 07:45
Is anyone can help me...
I have a problem with my P3P after it's upgrade with new firmware. The RC is didn't want to connect with the AC, the armlight is off and the P3P sound is very loud..
Is there any solution that i can do to fix this?

Did you get this fixed?
Was a relinking the remote to the drone the solve?
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1

United States

djiflyer Posted at 2017-7-13 00:20
After installing latest firmware I get an "ESC Status Error" message every time I turn my P3P on.  It says to try re-booting and contact DJI if problem persists.  Anyone else having this problem?  DJI says I need to send it in for repairs.  Never got the ESC Status Error before installing new firmware.  After new firmware was loaded I did have to re-connect controller with aircraft and it worked fine for one battery before ESC error message started happening.  Also experiencing the weak image transmission problem other people have been reporting.  But the main problem is the ESC Status Error that won't let me start the motors.

"After installing latest firmware I get an "ESC Status Error" message every time I turn my P3P on.  It says to try re-booting and contact DJI if problem persists.  Anyone else having this problem? "

YES.
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1

United States

prebenven Posted at 2017-7-15 14:48
Hi. Im really having a hard time after doing this last firmware update. Now both the controller and the drone is red on the led, And there is no communication between them. The app states that everything is normal and that it has the latest version of firmware. And the report from the drone says it has the latest version. What do I do? DESPERATE...

Re-link remote to drone
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1

United States

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-8-4 09:00
Seems we are all in trouble, what was and still should be an amazing aircraft is in such a mess, not really sure what to do next if DJI are not willing to help us?

Get an Autel.
2017-8-13
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Yep i get the ESC Status warning after the latest update, i just keep turning it on and off a few times untill the motors start and fly it as normal,had it 5000m out and only problem is slight lag with the live feed, ive come to accept the fact that this drone is going to fly away or crash at some point, when it does thats it for me and drones.
2017-8-14
Use props
jgeisler
lvl.1
United States

Beyond frustrated...
2017-8-14
Use props
jgeisler
lvl.1
United States

Here's my issue.

I updated the firmware on the drone itself from the website:
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.11.20

I updated the drone successfully and saw the "Successful" in the text file.  So I then put the card into the controller to update, and it tells me I have to update to a newer version instead of an older version.

So I go to Overall Status and see that I need Firmware v1.3.20 for the controller.  I go to the downloads and cannot find v1.3.20 or v1.4.

PLEASE help!
2017-8-14
Use props
jgeisler
lvl.1
United States

jgeisler Posted at 2017-8-14 13:06
Here's my issue.

Info:

In the app it shows:
App v3.1.14
Aircraft v1.11.20
Remote Controller v1.1.8

Using an iPhone 7+ v10.3.3
It also might be necessary to say that now the video feed on my screen is purely bright green.  I've redownloaded the app and re-synced the AC to the RC.  Still bright green.
2017-8-14
Use props
fansa87d3c66
New
New Zealand

jhartlove Posted at 2017-7-10 14:46
DON'T INSTALL!!!   Just wondering if you have heard about all the problems with the new firmware release from DJI.  It just came out and there are big time issues.  I flew today for the first time since upgrading, I use an iPad mini.  Within a minute I had a message pop up in the app.. "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" .  Then the video feed turned to crap. Freezing up, green screen, etc.  Horrible.  Contacted support and they are scrambling to come up with a fix.

i have the exact same problem, coupled with the "compass calibration issue"
2017-8-14
Use props
Cerino2000
lvl.1

United States

Is there no way to force the firmware? I picked up my drone while the update was going (and it was going fine) to see if the lights were blinking...they were...and as soon as I turned the drone slightly to get a better look it went into the failure tone. While I think this was my fault, how can I tell the drone to apply the update again? It just keeps saying update failed in the results file. How can I force it to go back one version and then I will reapply the new firmware? My issue has always been that there is a 2-5 second video lag no matter the distance. Last time around the last firmware fixed it for a bit. This new firmware likely would have fixed it too but it didn't complete and it thinks it did...trust me it didnt!! How can I force the latest firmware again?
2017-8-14
Use props
SRF44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137211 ft
United States

The problem is DJI will not admit that the firmware is corrupt and not working properly. The beta testers have admitted that the release of the new firmware was not what they have tested. There will be no fix, you are stuck with a bricked UAV. There is no way to roll back to old firmware.  There are hackers out there that have fixes for the issue that plague Phantom 3 and 4. I am currently working on hacking my P3P and it will fly like it should.  Although I don't know much about this right now I am learning how to unbrick my P3P. I'm not going to wait months for DJI to resolve this problem! I paid a lot of money for a product that is worthless at this point!

As a solution or a temporary work around, what I have done to  fly my p3p as it used to work before the firmware is this. Using Android, settings/apps/djigo/ uninstall updates, turn off automatically update apps. Current firmware for DJIGO 3.1.10 now back to 3.1.8. Turn off wifi and mobile data on your mobile device, turn on RC, turn on AC, connect usb to device and launch app. You will get an update required message on the screen, flashes red. Ignore and go into setting and calibrate compass. leave mobile data and wifi off, you will not have maps, but if you are flying in the same area your maps should be cached anyways.

You should be able to fly, this will only work if you have not installed the new firmware.

There is a Russian Software company that will unbrick and unlock your Phantom for $200.00 but look online and you'll find people out there who have hacked the DJI software and the Phantom will perform 100% better than it did from the factory and it's safe, fly responsibly as you would before.

I do hope someone from DJI reads my posts. The fact that DJI has remained quiet about the blunder this firmware has become, proves that they know they have screwed up but are unwilling to fix it. Maybe it's the Chinese government that has their hands tied and will not allow a fix, they are data mining you,...us!
2017-8-15
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

I got the notification to update my controller software which went smoothly. I checked this site for an update on the aircraft and followed the video instructions. Once the bin file was on the SD card it wouldn't automatically update so I contacted the chat line. They were not very helpful with the update and suggested I get a new SD card. Where they were helpful is connecting the remote back with the aircraft. I was eventually successful by updating the SD card in the computer and inserting the same card in the aircraft. It updates flawlessly and after a very short test flight, seems fine. I had to reset all my RTH altitudes and do a compass calibration as well.
2017-8-16
Use props
Temblor
Banned
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-20
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.4
Canada

Don't do this update as it restricts the distance you can fly to 500 meters.
2017-8-20
Use props
ScarperOz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-8-20 17:23
Don't do this update as it restricts the distance you can fly to 500 meters.

can anyone else confirm this is the case
2017-8-21
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.4
Canada

I fumbled through the process with the chat line and a couple calls. They were of no help but during the process I turned of the switch "set max distance" and it seemed to solve the problem. I have a hard time understanding why the chat line couldn't have set me straight right away. They should know this stuff.
2017-8-21
Use props
djiuser_M2UhM9N
New

United States

jgeisler Posted at 2017-8-14 13:06
Here's my issue.

Not sure what you mean by "putting the card into the controller"?  After I updated the fw today and receiving the "success" text. I followed the instructions on the DJI web on how to update the controller. I did not have to transfer the .bin from the sd card, it automagically d/l and installed latest update...
Also some feedback on the fw....I was able to fly w/o issues except when I installed the 3rd battery, it first mentioned the battery need updating, which I assume is done internally between the controller/drone because after a few seconds the message went away. After flight then I too was getting the flight restriction error message..I restarted the drone and it seem to work then it happened again...strange it didnt happen w/the other two batteries???
good luck all
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_gUAH8xu
New
United States

And I am getting the infamous "ESC Status Error" right after the firmware upgrade.  Great!  
2017-9-10
Use props
djiuser_gUAH8xu
New
United States

bignasty Posted at 2017-8-9 07:39
I am getting esc errors since I updated the software and have not been able to start the motors since. Anyone else have this issue? I just reinstalled the software but I haven't tried to fly it yet.

Yep, same here.  Sucks!
2017-9-10
Use props
greenspam
New
United States

contacted dji support.  got 1 mail that said their engineer would get back to me, and no word after that.  Is it time for class action lawsuit?
2017-9-12
Use props
fans1070437a
New
Flight distance : 59485 ft
Canada

vicThor Posted at 2017-7-15 22:42
So, after all these terror stories and no official reply, why would anyone update?

I have an issue of the image can't be seen with the latest version of 1.11.20. After all, which version should I downgrade to? and how I can download the version FW any suggestion?
2017-9-20
Use props
fans35a98fd8
lvl.1
United States

rwaters Posted at 2017-7-22 13:47
Updated to  v1.11.20 and now have lost all video feeds. I have reset the AC and re-linked RC and still no luck. Is there something else I am missing. Android and iOS both do not show video feed after this update.

Same here. Did you ever get this issue resolved?
2017-9-29
Use props
fans35a98fd8
lvl.1
United States

Mike Mas Posted at 2017-8-1 16:33
Hey I have the same exact No Video Transmission on three different machine 2-P3P and an Inspire 1 I have been for a month now trying to get DJI to fix the machines with no luck, all three of my machines failed the same week.

Check out my Post

Sounds familiar. Have you been able to resolve the video transmission problem?
2017-9-29
Use props
JulesOz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 636 ft
United States

Ahhh just been reading this thread and saw so many similar issues. I upgraded my RC via the app for the first time in a year (after constant requests) and now I can't get it to communicate with the app. Been flying this for almost two years without an issue and now on the DJI GO app home screen I only get the option of 'how to connect' instead of 'camera'. RV is displaying a solid red light and not beeping. Tried resetting, but no luck. Used MicroSD for firmware update on drone, which was successful, but appears the RC is screwed now. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
2017-11-9
Use props
DevilDogRick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23261 ft
United States

So after not being able to fix my camera issues by myself or with technical supports help I am told to send my drone to DJI for repair. I do just that and they have my drone for a couple of weeks of which I see the last 3 days were for doing "test flights". Upon receiving my drone back the first thing I notice is that the drone and controller are not even linked to each other which would make "test flights" a little hard to do wouldn't it? Since the problem was no live video between the 2 wouldn't you think the test flights would be done with both MY controller and drone?

On my first test flight I see that half of my screen is now filled with black and white arrows and after just a short flight I bring the drone home and I have a horrible time just even landing it without a crash. The next day I do my second test flight with a good friend of mine here watching. I take the drone up about 100 feet and when I start to move forward the drone drops like a stone from the sky and smashes into the ground which busts the camera and splits the hull and all kinds of damage. I sinc everything through the app and DJI has me send the drone back to them again and now I am told that it will cost over 350 dollars to fix my drone due to the warranty no longer being good! I am guessing since the sinc record shows I did nothing wrong it is now a "warranty" issue even though I have done nothing at all to cause the crash.

Every second of trouble I have had with my drone started when I tried to do the new firmware upgrade so I guess I am just trying to warn all to NOT do the upgrade as it is really not worth it as now all I have is a smashed up piece of worthless junk for my attempt to do an upgrade and I am out almost a thousand bucks as well. I think I have talked to just about everyone at DJI and I really don't see them doing anything to fix my drone so I am done with them for good. I just can't believe they can get away with this when so many people are having these terrible issues after a seemingly "simple upgrade".
I just wish there was more that I could do besides warning others about DJI.
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_bITkdZz
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

any one can help me my Rc is need upgrade but when u open the camere o few seconds was off how can i upgrade
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules