New Firmware for Phantom 3 Adv is Available (06/07/2017)
123Next >
49777 94 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.11.20.
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.13.
3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.8.

What’s New?
1. Updated No Fly Zone Management.
2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
3. Fixed an issue causing occasional ESC self-diagnostic testing failure.

Notes:
1. Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
2. Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
3. Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.

2017-7-6
Use props
QR7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120299 ft
United States

Anyone try the  latest firmware .
2017-7-6
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

I have a question: it's a mandatory update? May i remain at the previous version? I am asking it because i have the range issue with my p3s (i sold it) and now that my p3a fly like a charm i don't want to waste it!
2017-7-6
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Bracco Posted at 2017-7-6 05:30
I have a question: it's a mandatory update? May i remain at the previous version? I am asking it because i have the range issue with my p3s (i sold it) and now that my p3a fly like a charm i don't want to waste it!

If you have issues after the latest firmware then you can roll back to the previous firmware version.

V.1.1.09:https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.zip
2017-7-6
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Italy

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-7-6 05:58
If you have issues after the latest firmware then you can roll back to the previous firmware version.

V.1.1.09:https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.zip

Well with my old p3s i tried and it didn't work! I had to sent it back to dji!
For this reason i will not update my p3a if it is not mandatory.
2017-7-6
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Bracco Posted at 2017-7-6 06:15
Well with my old p3s i tried and it didn't work! I had to sent it back to dji!
For this reason i will not update my p3a if it is not mandatory.

How you downgrade with failed?
Usually to downgrade you need to format the sdcard, then extract the firmware xxxx.bin to root of sdcard. Then press and hold the aircraft reset button and power on, after power on sound and wait for the gimbal first tone then release the reset button and wait for the firmware downgrade/upgrade. Once the firmware update success the front gimbal light will become green color, so power off the aircraft and remove the sdcard to PC do format again and insert back to the aircraft then power on as usual.
2017-7-6
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Easy -

Have you recently upgraded your firmware and are having problems , I have not but I know a lot have and thought it was not possible to roll back a version – well you can ! No need to get a screwdriver out or remove the lid. Worth a try!?

1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it “3S_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3A or “P3X_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3P.
3. Make sure that the debug file that you saved does not have file extension (.txt etc.) If needed, rename and remove the file extension.
4. Copy the newly made debug file and phantom fw v1.9.60 .bin file to the root of your SD card. (like the image), make sure you only downgrade to the next lowest FW in turn NOT one big jump to the lowest.

5. Insert SD card to phantom, turn phantom on and let it perform the update ( or downgrade).
6. Enjoy your working phantom again .

Only the name of the debug file is important, not the content, its an empty file!!.
2017-7-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Have they taken out the stupid 3-second CSC delay?
2017-7-6
Use props
senatorkelley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450525 ft
United States

"For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. "

Does this mean if you have a wifi only iPad you can't go past 50m when outside? If so there's a lot of area's I fly where I have no internet connection even on my phone. This is a huge crippling feature if so.
2017-7-6
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

senatorkelley Posted at 2017-7-6 11:43
"For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. "

Does this mean if you have a wifi only iPad you can't go past 50m when outside? If so there's a lot of area's I fly where I have no internet connection even on my phone. This is a huge crippling feature if so.

No, it doesn't.
2017-7-6
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Italy

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-7-6 06:22
How you downgrade with failed?
Usually to downgrade you need to format the sdcard, then extract the firmware xxxx.bin to root of sdcard. Then press and hold the aircraft reset button and power on, after power on sound and wait for the gimbal first tone then release the reset button and wait for the firmware downgrade/upgrade. Once the firmware update success the front gimbal light will become green color, so power off the aircraft and remove the sdcard to PC do format again and insert back to the aircraft then power on as usual.

I am sorry i explain my problem incorrectly I downgraded my old p3s but the range issue remained. So i had to send it back to dji.

However, yesterday evening i flight with no problems
2017-7-6
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Bracco Posted at 2017-7-6 21:30
I am sorry i explain my problem incorrectly  I downgraded my old p3s but the range issue remained. So i had to send it back to dji.

However, yesterday evening i flight with no problems

969341a91816bf6f94c0134e3b00e795_emoticon-smileys-and-happy-on-thumbs-up-clipart.png
2017-7-7
Use props
Gunnadoitoneday
lvl.1
Australia

Houston, I have a problem. Upgraded the firmware (yes I know I shouldn't have) aircraft upgrade success by the txt file but can't seem to upgrade the RC just a solid red light. I have reloaded the file to the DCIM folder on the card a few times. Even tried a direct link P3A to RC in this configuration the led blinked red and green. I left it on didn't turn it off, than the RC timed out after about 5 minutes and shut down.
Any ideas or do I have to send it back to DJI ?
2017-7-7
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You do the RC using the Go app - no sd card needed for this but the app does need to be connected to the internet so it can complete the rc upgrade.
2017-7-7
Use props
Gunnadoitoneday
lvl.1
Australia

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-7-7 03:32
You do the RC using the Go app - no sd card needed for this but the app does need to be connected to the internet so it can complete the rc upgrade.

I connected my iPhone  and powered up and did the upgrade through it. All appears OK, will test fly tomorrow.
2017-7-7
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gunnadoitoneday Posted at 2017-7-7 03:43
I connected my iPhone  and powered up and did the upgrade through it. All appears OK, will test fly tomorrow.

Nice one !
2017-7-7
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

Updated ... RC updated no prob .. drone P3A all its doing is chirping and driving me nuts and scaring my kittens after i rebooted the drone!

EdIT:
Tried to roll it back, same issue drone wont stop chirping.

2017-7-7
Use props
GBHPhoto
New
Flight distance : 8363 ft
United States

Having some issues after updating the app and software. I also had to relink the control and calibrate the remote controls. I'm getting some sporadic spinning of the p3A and delayed down movement on the camera. This won't work well for smooth video. Any ideas? Need to shoot a video in the morning.
2017-7-7
Use props
GBHPhoto
New
United States

GBHPhoto Posted at 2017-7-7 19:14
Having some issues after updating the app and software. I also had to relink the control and calibrate the remote controls. I'm getting some sporadic spinning of the p3A and delayed down movement on the camera. This won't work well for smooth video. Any ideas? Need to shoot a video in the morning.

I tried compass and IMU calibrations as well.  Also getting weak transmission signals at 338 ft. Elevation and 14 ft. Distance. (Basically right above me).
2017-7-7
Use props
fans10797124
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55594 ft
Indonesia

Better create a thread to inform P3P/A owners to not to upgrade. So DJI will act asap.
2017-7-7
Use props
GBHPhoto
New
United States

GBHPhoto Posted at 2017-7-7 20:10
I tried compass and IMU calibrations as well.  Also getting weak transmission signals at 338 ft. Elevation and 14 ft. Distance. (Basically right above me).

For the most part everything is working but now noticing a slight vibration/shake in the gimbal while recording video at speed. Never had any of these issues before. Not sure what to do. Bought a P4 Pro  hoping I won't have any of these issues, until I can get the p3A figured out.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans22be3db2
New
Flight distance : 28684 ft
Philippines

The Follow me Feature wont work, i says that tablet or phone dont have gps even if they have. mission failed on follow me 20 stats locked.
2017-7-8
Use props
Bert L
New
Canada

I just updated both, and now it cant connect to my P3P  , no video on my tablet or movement of my gimble, it just wont connect. I was going to use for a weeding next week,and now I cant fly it., i hope DJI has a fix for this, I never had a problem before.
2017-7-9
Use props
Raven Lens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2743143 ft
  • >>>
Australia

wow, was hard to get this going, making the worst sound after i upgraded, had to put in the garage but eventually git it right after the third uninstall/ reinstall
2017-7-11
Use props
JackP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146385 ft
United States

I got my refurbished P3A 2 days ago and I updated to this firmware and have had no major problems. I've flown 5 times now. Everything seems smooth with the aircraft and the DJI Go app on my google pixel. Although the app has crashed mid-flight a couple times.
2017-7-11
Use props
butterflycinema
New
Flight distance : 4131 ft

Italy

QR7 Posted at 2017-7-6 05:17
Anyone try the  latest firmware .

I have tried before flying with DJI GO and the drone on. Now the remote can't connect to the drone anymore. Connection is weak.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

butterflycinema Posted at 2017-7-13 04:26
I have tried before flying with DJI GO and the drone on. Now the remote can't connect to the drone anymore. Connection is weak.

Reading these threads, I;m so happy I haven't upgraded  firmware for about 7-8 months
2017-7-13
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

DELETED ... sorry made mistake .. should have been PRO thread ...
2017-7-13
Use props
fansfd913cb0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85 ft
New Zealand

butterflycinema Posted at 2017-7-13 04:26

If the link between RC and the aircraft is lost, simply re-link as shown a few days ago here:    Can't connect after latest firmware

Wish I'd seen this post last week as I drove an hour to the supplier (NZ distributor, Ferntech) and they fixed it for free in a couple of minutes.  It's also on page 28 of the manual that I'd previously printed and not read....
2017-7-13
Use props
gergs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1236480 ft
United States

I just upgraded the firmware and it is not connecting to the drone.  In the app when I connect the controller it says it is connected to a PHantom 3 Pro. I have an advanced.  I have tried to downgrade to the previous version but in the text file it says you cannot downgrade from the current firmware.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!
2017-7-14
Use props
reginaldwatson
New
United States

After I updated my FW on my Phantom 3 Adv, AC the link light on my RC blinks red/green. The RC will not turn solid green indicating linked with AC. Any idea what the problem  could be.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans38345940
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23346 ft
Paraguay

Yesterday update, and I have the problem that does not recognize the app my rc I designed disconnected and do not come with the usb cable story, which works perfectly only after the update does not work the app dji go
2017-7-15
Use props
kimera
New
Italy

Since I've updated the AirCraft, RC and App, there are continuous signal loss issues.
2017-7-16
Use props
Insanepcs2012
New

New Zealand

After update and few minor issues decided to attempt downgrade

Managed to downgrade ac to 1.10.090 but rc wont downgrade from 1.9.2 to 1.8...downloads it thru dji go app but won't install..failed
2017-7-16
Use props
Insanepcs2012
New

New Zealand

Rc downgraded to 1.6...is that compatible with ac 1.10.0090 tho? Or do i need ac1.09.0060 to use rc1.6? Noticed rc1.6 is 24mb or so but rc1.8 only shows as 4mb...
2017-7-17
Use props
TAfirehawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315938 ft
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-7-6 06:58
Easy -

Have you recently upgraded your firmware and are having problems , I have not but I know a lot have and thought it was not possible to roll back a version – well you can ! No need to get a screwdriver out or remove the lid. Worth a try!?

Typo for P3A...need "P" at the start of the name.
2017-7-22
Use props
TAfirehawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315938 ft
United States

I have tried 4 times to get this new firmware to update my drone but no luck. Now I am "downgrading" back to 10.0090 in hopes that I can at least fly...maybe later try again.  Never had an issue with firmware in my P3A but plenty of trouble in my M600...DJI is getting worse, not better
2017-7-22
Use props
KLT9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

Update was successful and flights so far are all OK, but I only use Litchi (usually waypoints) and not going to test with GO due to multiple Android 7 issues I have read about on here.

Purchased my P3A for a personal long term project I'm doing and never flown outside of UK CAA Drone regulations.  i.e. out of sight or higher than 400 feet.

Nvidia Shield K1 on Android 7
App 3.1.8
Ver 1.11.20
RC 1.9.2
Maximum video recorded flight 17 minutes
2017-7-22
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have a video transmission issue, we'll sort of. When I first take off and press the "record" , I lose video transmission signal totally and app asks if I want to return to home. If I press the record button again, signal returns. If after signal returns, I press record a third time, there is no problem and video is captured. Any idea how to fix that?
2017-7-24
Use props
monstermash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26240 ft
Canada

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-7-13 09:50
Reading these threads, I;m so happy I haven't upgraded  firmware for about 7-8 months

No kidding, I'm staying away from this one for sure.
2017-7-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules