New Firmware for Phantom 3 Adv is Available (06/07/2017)
123Next >
49579 94 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
monstermash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26240 ft
Canada

monstermash Posted at 2017-7-26 16:36
No kidding, I'm staying away from this one for sure.

One thing still bugs me, am I missing something here.  Are DJI saying we need to be connected to the internet on our first flight after doing updates now?  If so, what is the reason if the updates went well, I never fly with an internet connection, ever.
2017-7-26
Use props
MrBubble
New
Philippines

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-7-6 05:58
If you have issues after the latest firmware then you can roll back to the previous firmware version.

V.1.1.09:https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.zip

Hello Nelsonlee, one question:
I updated the firmware to 1.11.20 to my P3 Adv. and the RC to the 1.9.2 and I have in the Ipad the Goapp 3.1.11, and I have this limitations of 30m height and 50m distance, I read that if I am logged in the Go app then will be not limitations, I have tried but still the same.
Do you think I can downgrade to the previous version of the firmware to aircraft and RC, or is possible to damage the aircraft or RC if i do it?
How i can do it
Thanks a lot
2017-7-29
Use props
MrBubble
New
Philippines

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-7-6 06:58
Easy -

Have you recently upgraded your firmware and are having problems , I have not but I know a lot have and thought it was not possible to roll back a version – well you can ! No need to get a screwdriver out or remove the lid. Worth a try!?

If this works, How you can downgrade the RC also?
2017-7-29
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

MrBubble Posted at 2017-7-29 16:41
Hello Nelsonlee, one question:
I updated the firmware to 1.11.20 to my P3 Adv. and the RC to the 1.9.2 and I have in the Ipad the Goapp 3.1.11, and I have this limitations of 30m height and 50m distance, I read that if I am logged in the Go app then will be not limitations, I have tried but still the same.
Do you think I can downgrade to the previous version of the firmware to aircraft and RC, or is possible to damage the aircraft or RC if i do it?

This video can help you how to downgrade/Upgrade the RC firmware.

2017-7-30
Use props
raptor30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 947733 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Easy -

Have you recently upgraded your firmware and are having problems , I have not but I know a lot have and thought it was not possible to roll back a version – well you can ! No need to get a screwdriver out or remove the lid. Worth a try!?

1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it “3S_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3A or “P3X_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3P.
3. Make sure that the debug file that you saved does not have file extension (.txt etc.) If needed, rename and remove the file extension.
4. Copy the newly made debug file and phantom fw v1.9.60 .bin file to the root of your SD card. (like the image), make sure you only downgrade to the next lowest FW in turn NOT one big jump to the lowest.

5. Insert SD card to phantom, turn phantom on and let it perform the update ( or downgrade).
6. Enjoy your working phantom again .

Only the name of the debug file is important, not the content, its an empty file!!.

anyone did it successfully?
thanks
2017-7-30
Use props
fans9a152d5c
New
Canada

I upgraded my remote control (Plantom 3 pro) for v 1.9.2 i' losted with thé drone and thé pod too!
Presentely, i had Apple app DJI go ver 3.1.13.
2 redlight turn on and 2 yellow light fast flasshing ...
Pléiade, I need help
2017-8-1
Use props
ThiloG
New
Flight distance : 44009 ft
Germany

fans9a152d5c Posted at 2017-8-1 08:10
I upgraded my remote control (Plantom 3 pro) for v 1.9.2 i' losted with thé drone and thé pod too!
Presentely, i had Apple app DJI go ver 3.1.13.
2 redlight turn on and 2 yellow light fast flasshing ...

After upgrading P3A to 1.11.90 with SD IPad App had Connection to the drone.
App announced update for RC. After Installation the RC and AC werent linkes anymore.

Linking action Wanst succesfull.

After doing some down- and upgrading, Link LED on RC is red, AC Link LED blinks Green.

Any hints?
2017-8-1
Use props
Bojan Blažek
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39167 ft
Croatia

I upgrade only controler on my Phantom 3 Advanced, can i flight? or i need upgrade and P3A with FW Ver 1.11.20?  Thanks.
2017-8-2
Use props
Flyboy15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34688 ft
United States

Here's a fun one. I updated the firmware for the controller and Phantom. Had to re-link controller to Phantom (not connected). I'm not sure why it was necessary for this upgrade but its all good now. As I was going through some config. checks I noticed that when I turned off the forward LED's, the Phantom would go into Atti mode. When i turned the LED's back on it went back yo OPTI mode. This is consistent and a little bothering because I like to shoot vid with the front LED's off. Has anyone else noticed this? I hope its just an observation and not a real issue.
2017-8-3
Use props
Valentín Tx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 816358 ft

Mexico

Bracco Posted at 2017-7-6 06:15
Well with my old p3s i tried and it didn't work! I had to sent it back to dji!
For this reason i will not update my p3a if it is not mandatory.

The new firmware has problems .... Do not upgrade!
2017-8-4
Use props
Bracco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Valentín Tx Posted at 2017-8-4 08:39
The new firmware has problems .... Do not upgrade!

Thank you As i said i will not update untill it will be mandatory
2017-8-4
Use props
eldred
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

Updated yesterday. Apart from taking out a while to work out that a re-link was required, it went OK. Test flew this morning and all is working fine. It probably doesn't hurt to try a re-link from time to time, especially if odd video/signal linking issues are cropping up.
2017-8-4
Use props
gntlc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2575 ft
United States

So I have not used my AC in a few weeks I saw there was a new update.  Yep I updated the firmware and then the controller AHHHH..  It did not beep  it just came back with the blinking red light and would not connect to the RC..  

Here is the Fix I did

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.11.20.
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.13.
3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.8.

What’s New?
1. Updated No Fly Zone Management.
2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
3. Fixed an issue causing occasional ESC self-diagnostic testing failure.

Notes:
1. Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected. I relinked the controller
2. Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
3. Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.
2017-8-4
Use props
DarthWeather
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257067 ft
Sweden

Best update ever!!!
I have p3a and use galaxy s7 edge with android nougat and it have never worked better than now.
Thanks dji for finally solve the problem with the go app for nougat
2017-8-4
Use props
userc353e44dae
New

United Kingdom

Have updated to the latest firmware on Phantom 3 Pro and RC, but can't connect RC to Phantom 3 Pro anymore?! Help please! Thanks
2017-8-7
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.2
Canada

See video on few thread it showing how to reconnect unit
2017-8-7
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

userc353e44dae Posted at 2017-8-7 04:13
Have updated to the latest firmware on Phantom 3 Pro and RC, but can't connect RC to Phantom 3 Pro anymore?! Help please! Thanks

Relink the phantom to the RC... Worked like a charm for me!
2017-8-15
Use props
fansc2526ebb
New
Flight distance : 80518 ft
Italy

#Quick Reply  Hi, I i've updated my P3 Adv with Firmware v1.11.20. From now on, I have the following problem; Radio channel quality: poor And the images on my device display arrives with about 15 seconds of delay. What should I do to resolve, can I downgrade the firmware?  Before upgrade v1.11.20 my P3Adv worked perfectly.  Thank you Here#
2017-8-18
Use props
timjd3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531217 ft
  • >>>
United States

"For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. "
2017-8-18
Use props
fansf4aa6468
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you really saying that if you aren't connected to the internet you can only fly 30M x 50M for safety?   What the heck does being connected to the internet in this context have to do with safety?   HORRIBLE decision if true.   Sometimes DJI is its own worst enemy.
2017-8-18
Use props
Audiophile40
New
Canada

So, I followed every step required to update firmware. Craft just sits there and does nothing. Bin file is on the SD Card but craft doesn't respond. Any ideas? Thanks
2017-8-18
Use props
Manny-pr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bracco Posted at 2017-7-6 05:30
I have a question: it's a mandatory update? May i remain at the previous version? I am asking it because i have the range issue with my p3s (i sold it) and now that my p3a fly like a charm i don't want to waste it!

I have not updated since about a year everything works perfect. I do not need to upgrade any more. I stayed in: GO App Version 3.1.6 and aircraft firmware v1.8.80
2017-8-22
Use props
Bracco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Manny-pr Posted at 2017-8-22 08:16
I have not updated since about a year everything works perfect. I do not need to upgrade any more. I stayed in: GO App Version 3.1.6 and aircraft firmware v1.8.80

You are right! ;)
2017-8-22
Use props
DanCard
New
Flight distance : 21900 ft
Colombia

Easy -

¿A alguien le ha funcionado este método de downgrade? No me he atrevido a hacerlo.

Al igual que muchos otros pilotos, después de instalar la v1.11 del firmware de la aeronave, constantemente se pierde la conexión entre el RC y la Aeronave, casi siempre aparece el aviso "RC signal weak".

Al parecer, a DJI no le importa que tengamos dicho problema.
2017-8-26
Use props
Bojan Blažek
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39167 ft
Croatia

Anyone try the  latest firmware? Is work? Or have bug? Any advice?
2017-8-31
Use props
fansc0c916b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83760 ft

Netherlands

Please help me with downgrading firmware of the phantom 3 adv battery.
2017-9-17
Use props
fansc0c916b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83760 ft

Netherlands

Easy -

Download link???
2017-9-17
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

explained here -  https://www.aerial-image.co.uk/u ... i-p3-1-10-firmware/
2017-9-18
Use props
pearson222
New
United States

Updated and now I am experiencing the same issue as many others- RC will not connect to Aircraft.  Stuck with the button "How to connect".  Anyone know what to do?  I have talked to support and they are unwilling to help remedy this.  The aircraft has been unusable for months because of this.  I strongly encourage people to purchase from a different company that will stand by their product.
2017-9-25
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

I have a new P3A with this 1.11, basically a stone on my desk...

Internet? For really?

Maybe thats way i went another country, with NO INTERNET and it did fall with esc errors.....

BAD move DJI.......
2017-9-27
Use props
superchemist1
New

United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-7-6 06:22
How you downgrade with failed?
Usually to downgrade you need to format the sdcard, then extract the firmware xxxx.bin to root of sdcard. Then press and hold the aircraft reset button and power on, after power on sound and wait for the gimbal first tone then release the reset button and wait for the firmware downgrade/upgrade. Once the firmware update success the front gimbal light will become green color, so power off the aircraft and remove the sdcard to PC do format again and insert back to the aircraft then power on as usual.

OK, where is the reset button? Can't find it.
2017-10-11
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

superchemist1 Posted at 2017-10-11 06:26
OK, where is the reset button? Can't find it.

The reset button is the same Re-link button on your aircraft.
2017-10-11
Use props
Stokijs
New
Latvia

updated and my drone started to shake.  every video is useless.  
2017-10-12
Use props
C&A I.A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312579 ft
Brazil

Easy -

hey friend, I tried to downgrade the aircraft from the last version 1.11.20 to the version 1.10.90 using the debug file and with a few minutes the D -------- and the red light appear .. I am using a sdcard class 10 64gb formatted in exFAT.
I had an aircraft lockdown these days ago and I am trying to downgrade to see if it corrects, at the moment my aircraft when I turn it on is doing the D - DD D - DD D - DD non - stop from the moment it is turned on . as if in USB mode to download the files
2017-11-21
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

C&A I.A Posted at 2017-11-21 01:47
hey friend, I tried to downgrade the aircraft from the last version 1.11.20 to the version 1.10.90 using the debug file and with a few minutes the D -------- and the red light appear .. I am using a sdcard class 10 64gb formatted in exFAT.
I had an aircraft lockdown these days ago and I am trying to downgrade to see if it corrects, at the moment my aircraft when I turn it on is doing the D - DD D - DD D - DD non - stop from the moment it is turned on . as if in USB mode to download the files

Have you tried to re ADD the 1.11.20 firmware back just to refix - ??? I know its a silly question
2017-11-21
Use props
C&A I.A
lvl.2
Brazil

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-11-21 12:19
Have you tried to re ADD the 1.11.20 firmware back just to refix - ??? I know its a silly question

Yes, I tried, my friend! some times it seemed that it was going to work but after long minutes came the D -------- accusing the error in the procedure and only with the file of DEBUG together .. I tried in several ways .. I am well annoyed ... no I want to believe that everyone is saying that there is no downgrade to this version ... next week I would have a job that could pay me a month rent from my house and now I am stranded in this situation...
2017-11-21
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

C&A I.A Posted at 2017-11-21 13:31
Yes, I tried, my friend! some times it seemed that it was going to work but after long minutes came the D -------- accusing the error in the procedure and only with the file of DEBUG together .. I tried in several ways .. I am well annoyed ... no I want to believe that everyone is saying that there is no downgrade to this version ... next week I would have a job that could pay me a month rent from my house and now I am stranded in this situation...

Ok try this way using a new clean formatted USB card and new download of the 1.11.20.bin file and nothing else.....insert this as normal into the drone and turn on tthe drone only -  then ONLY watch the state of a small LED on the front of the gimbal board just above the camera lens it should  flash green all the while its still in update mode - IGNORE what the main LED are doing or what noise it makes - keep watching the small LED until it stay SOLID GREEN - Hopefully!! - It can take a while and at one point the drone does go dark and silent NO beeps at all - but will restart an finish..... If the small led stays solid red its failed so re try from the start.
2017-11-21
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also I am using the 1.11.20 FW on my P3Advance - without anyy issues at all even using a iPad MINI Vers 1 model!!
2017-11-22
Use props
C&A I.A
lvl.2
Brazil

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-11-21 23:06
Ok try this way using a new clean formatted USB card and new download of the 1.11.20.bin file and nothing else.....insert this as normal into the drone and turn on tthe drone only -  then ONLY watch the state of a small LED on the front of the gimbal board just above the camera lens it should  flash green all the while its still in update mode - IGNORE what the main LED are doing or what noise it makes - keep watching the small LED until it stay SOLID GREEN - Hopefully!! - It can take a while and at one point the drone does go dark and silent NO beeps at all - but will restart an finish..... If the small led stays solid red its failed so re try from the start.

already tried to reinstall the same firmware with the card itself a SDCARD CLASS 10 64GB .. the drone starts the update process some of the times I tried and goes away for about 20 minutes and then the solid red LED lights up and akele bip horrible D-- -----------
2017-11-22
Use props
C&A I.A
lvl.2
Brazil

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-11-21 23:06

already tried to reinstall the same firmware with the card itself a SDCARD CLASS 10 64GB .. the drone starts the update process some of the times I tried and goes away for about 20 minutes and then the solid red LED lights up and akele bip horrible D-- -----------
2017-11-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules