New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
83296 557 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.2.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS:V4.1.3
  • DJI GO 4 App Android:V4.1.2

What’s New
  • Updated No Fly Zone Management.
  • Added Gesture, Draw, Terrain Follow, and Tripod as Intelligent Flight Modes, as well as Trace and Profile sub-modes for ActiveTrack and a Free sub-mode for TapFly.
  • Optimized Smart Return to Home, added Landing Protection, and Precision Landing.
  • For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

Notes
  • Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
  • If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • Requires the DJI GO 4 app v4.1.0 or later, otherwise the flight will be restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.

2017-7-6
Use props
linflas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169370 ft
United States

Does this fix the APP crashing issue on Android?  Specifically the Nvidia Shield tablet?  
2017-7-6
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Hooray! It took a long time but nice to see all the "new" flight modes have made it.
2017-7-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I hope that battery firmware is now aligned with the P4P too.
Thanks finally, DJI
2017-7-6
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-7-6 04:31
Hooray! It took a long time but nice to see all the "new" flight modes have made it.

I'm on the Beta Firmware and both DJI Assistant 2 and DJI GO 4 are both telling me I'm on the latest firmware already although  the RC did update to Version 1.9.2
2017-7-6
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Thanks a lot DJI
2017-7-6
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

Way to come though DJI... You restored some faith.
2017-7-6
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

My android app is actually 4.1.3.
2017-7-6
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updates took a while but all updated correctly when the dust settled.  Flight test later...
2017-7-6
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

Does this give us head tracking as promised before the bait and switch on the goggles?
2017-7-6
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Finally. Thank you, DJI.
2017-7-6
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
Flight distance : 781624 ft
Greece

Well that update has screwed with my gear. Updated which took a while. Update got to 99% then gave me a message to disconnect cable and reconnect. Dumb or not I followed the instructions. Now my controller flashes red and green and the aircraft connects and disconnects. I am abroad and can't do anything about it until I get home where I have a pc. I get updates are important but some more flexibility is needed I shouldn't be forced to do it in order to fly. What a lot of crap
2017-7-6
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Now I'm scared to do this.....
2017-7-6
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-6 05:11
Updates took a while but all updated correctly when the dust settled.  Flight test later...

New flight modes seem to work.  Landings are smoother so far.  TapFly is updated and more accurate and informative.  Tripod works well.  Have not tried Terrain follow or Gestures.
2017-7-6
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Max App Posted at 2017-7-6 06:16
Well that update has screwed with my gear. Updated which took a while. Update got to 99% then gave me a message to disconnect cable and reconnect. Dumb or not I followed the instructions. Now my controller flashes red and green and the aircraft connects and disconnects. I am abroad and can't do anything about it until I get home where I have a pc. I get updates are important but some more flexibility is needed I shouldn't be forced to do it in order to fly. What a lot of crap

Means you need a controller update.  Follow red status area to do this...then power both down and restart.
2017-7-6
Use props
Sofus Arevad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1117018 ft
Denmark

Max App Posted at 2017-7-6 06:16

I had the same issue but what i did was, i turned off the controller and the aircraft and connected my iPad to the controller and Then updated the controller and it all worked after that
2017-7-6
Use props
Sofus Arevad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1117018 ft
Denmark

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-6 06:24
New flight modes seem to work.  Landings are smoother so far.  TapFly is updated and more accurate and informative.  Tripod works well.  Have not tried Terrain follow or Gestures.

The terrain follow worked great for me when flying on a sunny Day
2017-7-6
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
Greece

Thanks for the suggestion Sofus. Tried that still no difference. Also paired the rc again. No difference. Don't think the controller has taken the update. Not sure what to do now
2017-7-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Did it through Assistant 2 via the USB.  Went okay.  Decided to do a VPS calibration too which went okay.

Went outside to do both a IMU and Compass calibration.  Got "Weak Signal" notice on iPad Air 2.  Noticed the RC's normally green LED was blinking red and green fast.  Might need a re-linking?

Went inside to do a relink which failed.  Still blinking red and green fast on the RC.

Restarted RC and GO 4 and saw a new red "Update firmware" notice in GO 4.  It updated the RC 1.8.0 to 1.9.3 and I got a green LED back, but it pops up a new error about C1 when it starts as in the photo below.

Tried a re-link and got a solid green so I assume the RC and P4 is linked again with 1.9.3, but the C1 notice is bugging me.  Fwiw, there is no C1 app in the Apple Store so it must be a bug in GO 4 (Current version.).  May have to delete GO 4 and reinstall.  Dunno.

Added:
Required an IMU adjsutment too.  It does it on SIX sides now on the P4.  Whole new way of doing it.  Before was just sitting still upright, now it rests on all four sides and top too.  Might help with the gimbal tilt - maybe.

C1 Error in GO 4

C1 Error in GO 4
2017-7-6
Use props
fans90b02e01
New

Maldives

My phantom 4 got an error after update can anyone help me to fix

It says barometer disconnected
2017-7-6
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United States

W00t, some nice updates there, thank you DJI.

Lets hope it doesn't break more than it fixes though.

2017-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI...

Ability to turn off Geo has disappeared, but 'Unlocking List' has appeared in General Settings menu.

Landing protection and Precision landing have come to fruition along with 'Draw', 'Gesture', 'Tripod', 'Terrain Follow'.

Smart Return to Home can still be disabled.

And in 'Main Controller Settings'/'Advanced Settings' CSC (Motor Cut Off) can be disabled so motors cannot be cut off in flight (I'll let somebody else test that one out) along with 'ESC Beeping' which makes a lot of noise, which would help when flying close to others or if landed in long grass.

Completed calibrations of Sensor, IMU (New procedure, I think I can dump the spirit level now), Gimbal, Compass & RC Sticks.

Basic functional test looks OK, seems nice and stable at low level (a bit of a breeze here tested it reasonably well).

Checked against my 'artifitial horizon' (back wall in garden) and level looks good, Gimbal can be seen running through what I presume is a levelling routine during startup.

Off to calibrate now

2017-7-6
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Finally, merci DJI!
2017-7-6
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5454557 ft
  • >>>
Spain

What´s happens with beta tester?? I´m on firmware beta 2.00.0012 and the app sais to me that no new firmware available........ I test DJI assistant for PC and same results..............
2017-7-6
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I did the update of the P4 and transmitter, then calibrated the cameras and IMU, After that I did a short flight just in the backyard, hovered 1 meter over ground and did a flight test, and everything looks normal. Will go out in the field later this weekend.
2017-7-6
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-6 06:24

Range and videofeed stable?
2017-7-6
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Anyone see if head tracking works? I'll prolly do the update this weekend
2017-7-6
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Also what is this about logging in and out of the dji app? Something to do with 50m limit or something? Not sure sorry im not totally pro....
2017-7-6
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I am currently abroad but having the same issue. What a mess at least I got the majority of the footage I wanted. Need to wait until I get back to try a firmware rollback.
2017-7-6
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-6 07:56
Thank you DJI...

Ability to turn off Geo has disappeared, but 'Unlocking List' has appeared in General Settings menu.

Why do you say we can dump the spirit level? I've done the update; was going to wait for the cold of morning and head for the straightest surface in the house with my spriti level.
2017-7-6
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Max App Posted at 2017-7-6 09:06
I am currently abroad but having the same issue. What a mess at least I got the majority of the footage I wanted. Need to wait until I get back to try a firmware rollback.

I havent updated but let me know if the rollback goes well! Would be nice to know it's possible...
2017-7-6
Use props
Kent L
lvl.1
United States

I've been using the same firmware for the last year.  Why would I want to update my perfectly working firmware just because when I start the DJI App it says Firmware Update Required?  Why would I want to limit my height to 30 m and distance to 50 m?  A friend has a phantom also, he did the firmware update and now his video don't work anymore!  Doesn't anyone from DJI test this firmware before they start shoving it down peoples throat's?  I'll just keep on flying with what I have!
2017-7-6
Use props
JanF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1053865 ft
Norway

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-6 06:26
Means you need a controller update.  Follow red status area to do this...then power both down and restart.

How to update the Controller when it don't want? Tried a lot of times to take it from 1.6 to 1.8 fut always fail!
2017-7-6
Use props
mrtn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23894 ft
Netherlands

Thank you, DJI!!
2017-7-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

After several months of reading tales of woe here on the Forum,   I am hesitant about performing this upgrade until I hear a few more success stories, and no reports of catastrophic failure.
Currently flying a Standard Phantom 4 using the DJI Go4 App version 4.1.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" with Android version 7.0 (Nougat).
I keep Airplane mode ON (Wifi OFF) in order to maintain the status quo, which is:   I have to clear the defaults for the DJI Go App before the RC will connect to the tablet.  Sometimes this works immediately, others it takes several goes and about five minutes of fiddling about to get it working.  After that, everything works brilliantly (occasional mid-flight App crashes which are quickly recovered from notwithstanding).  Bottom line:   Any re-assurances that this latest update will fix anything?   I'm inclined to do nothing for the time being, adopting a "wait and see" policy.
2017-7-6
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yup, thanks DJI, updated seamlessly and raring to get out!
2017-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-6 09:40
Why do you say we can dump the spirit level? I've done the update; was going to wait for the cold of morning and head for the straightest surface in the house with my spriti level.

Well it uses the same routine (I believe) as the Mavic. Did a quick check on my computer desk with iPhone, then ran through the new (For P4) IMU calibration. The one where it involves sitting on its feet normally, then tilted to each of the four sides so resting on arms, then finally with it upside down

I did a test hover out back, and very stable, and as I say horizon looked spot on. Time will tell and one or two longer flights needed to fully test though. But initial impressions are good.

P.S I updated aircraft using Assistant 2, then RC which was an OTA update, then restarted all.
2017-7-6
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

It failed for me trying to do it that way round. It worked doing the RC first using the app and then doing to bird using Assistant
2017-7-6
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

Stuck at 99%.....
2017-7-6
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Updating with DJI go, I got stuck at 99% too not long after the P4 rebooted. I waited another 15 mins and decided to take a chance and disconnect the drone from the iPad, reboot the P4, force close DJI Go and connect up the controller to the iPad in the normal way. DJI Go then detected the controller firmware as being out of date and upgraded the controller.

Thankfully DJI Go reports everything as being up to date and everything looks okay. Not flown with it yet.

Rather harrowing experience, given the oft reported firmware upgrade failures.
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules