Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sofirgb
New

Malaysia

Compass always error after upgrading new firmware...do refresh buy still have same problem...how to solve it?
2017-8-3
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

sofirgb Posted at 2017-8-3 04:26
Compass always error after upgrading new firmware...do refresh buy still have same problem...how to solve it?

Roll back to V01.02.0602 on drone only, Regards TJK.
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sofirgb Posted at 2017-8-3 04:26

Make sure your aircraft isn't sitting close to any steel object, desk legs etc, or anything that might produce a magnetic field. This will produce immediate errors, move aircraft away from source of interference. If that doesn't work:-

Have you tried a compass calibration in an open area, away from any ferrous objects ?

It could be as simple a fix as that.

Also:-

In 'Main Controller Settings' menu, go to 'Advanced Settings', then 'Sensors'. If you then tap on 'Compass' tab it will show the current status of the Compass'.
2017-8-3
Use props
adam
lvl.1

United States

As with other, I'm curious to see a solution. This has affected our P4 as well with instability/wobble.
2017-8-4
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello People, this is Concerning the Issues with the P4 Firmware Update of July, there is a temporary work around which allows you to have the latest firmware on your Phantom 4.
Charles Weems  has found out that by installing the latest firmware using assistant 2 on the drone only, and making sure that everything is up to date, DJI GO 4 App, the controller, and is your in ISO making sure that's also up to date, then and only then can you install the new firmware using Assistant 2 to the drone in the normal fashion, IE USB cable, then when its all loaded and updated, reboot and then connect the controller to the P4 and then check all your settings to make sure nothing has changed, then and only then go into settings and on the screen I am posting close down the Visual Navigation settings, turn them off and all seams to be fine again, I am able to hover with no issues travel forward and up and down without slowing down and the RTH button on the screen also is working again and I have all the new MODS, Regards TJK, I hope that this has helped some of us, I have tested it and all seams to be working correctly apart from the Visual Navigation settings .
2017-8-5
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This as far as I am now concerned tells me that the Latest Firmware has a flaw in it affecting only the Phantom 4 standard users and that needs to be addressed by DJI themselves. Regards TJK.

2017-8-5
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-8-5 09:04
Hello People, this is Concerning the Issues with the P4 Firmware Update of July, there is a temporary work around which allows you to have the latest firmware on your Phantom 4.
Charles Weems  has found out that by installing the latest firmware using assistant 2 on the drone only, and making sure that everything is up to date, DJI GO 4 App, the controller, and is your in ISO making sure that's also up to date, then and only then can you install the new firmware using Assistant 2 to the drone in the normal fashion, IE USB cable, then when its all loaded and updated, reboot and then connect the controller to the P4 and then check all your settings to make sure nothing has changed, then and only then go into settings and on the screen I am posting close down the Visual Navigation settings, turn them off and all seams to be fine again, I am able to hover with no issues travel forward and up and down without slowing down and the RTH button on the screen also is working again and I have all the new MODS, Regards TJK, I hope that this has helped some of us, I have tested it and all seams to be working correctly apart from the Visual Navigation settings .

I already did that two days after the new firmware update, trying to solve the issue, and was a total waste of time. It didn't work al all
2017-8-5
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-5 10:12
I already did that two days after the new firmware update, trying to solve the issue, and was a total waste of time. It didn't work al all

Well I have to tell you that it all worked on my P4 everything works fine able to use the Drone as It used to be flown , the thing I did notice that when she is flying forward with stick full forward is that its as if she was in sports mode, she was faster than before but other than that everything works and she fly's great again, Pareja IV I would suggest that you look at all your software and firmware and make sure that your running all the latest as I am, it works for me and I have been trying for over 4 weeks to resolve this and this is close as I have come so far. Regards TJK.
2017-8-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-8-5 09:04

Who is "Charles Weems" ?
2017-8-5
Use props
ninjapimp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198222 ft
United States

after i applied this firmware update, when i turn on my RC is constantly beeps and i dont know how to stop it, plus i notice it says firmware Abnormal in red letters but once i fly the unit for ab out 2min this goes away. also i'm unable to compass calibrate, no matter how many times i try, no matter where i go, it fails to calibrate.
2017-8-5
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-5 10:46
Who is "Charles Weems" ?

He is a user of P4 that worked out that if you turn off the avoidance software it fly's correctly
2017-8-5
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384406 ft
Sweden

Why is not everyone affected by this, I upgrade mine through the DJI GO For P4 APP, first the controller then the aircraft. Only I have noticed it slightly more aggressive stop when it breaks but not that it affect flying. I have tried draw mode and also works okey. Only thing I noticed during upgrade what when it upgrade the aircraft. The DJI GO for P4 lost contact with the aircraft, twice. I think it may have been some sort of reboot in the aircraft. Other then that it went good. I have flown about 6 batteries since.
2017-8-5
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

ninjapimp Posted at 2017-8-5 10:56
after i applied this firmware update, when i turn on my RC is constantly beeps and i dont know how to stop it, plus i notice it says firmware Abnormal in red letters but once i fly the unit for ab out 2min this goes away. also i'm unable to compass calibrate, no matter how many times i try, no matter where i go, it fails to calibrate.

Try to refresh the firmware again
2017-8-5
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Larsaunitz Posted at 2017-8-5 13:43
Why is not everyone affected by this, I upgrade mine through the DJI GO For P4 APP, first the controller then the aircraft. Only I have noticed it slightly more aggressive stop when it breaks but not that it affect flying. I have tried draw mode and also works okey. Only thing I noticed during upgrade what when it upgrade the aircraft. The DJI GO for P4 lost contact with the aircraft, twice. I think it may have been some sort of reboot in the aircraft. Other then that it went good. I have flown about 6 batteries since.

So your aircraft is not working perfectly ?
2017-8-5
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Larsaunitz Posted at 2017-8-5 13:43

So your Phantom is not working Perfectly?
2017-8-5
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans1f690efe Posted at 2017-8-5 17:11

Yes my Phantom is now flying well and is a lot faster in normal P mode than she was, I have full control and last night took her out to a distance of over 3,500 meter flying backwards and then hit the RTH and she did return safe and landed, ok you have to turn off the Visual navigation settings and this is a pain but it then allows the craft to fly properly, hover-no jerky movement, flying forward no slow down and speed up, RTH icon on my Ipad screen works now, and I am very happy with these results. Regards TJK.
2017-8-5
Use props
fans96a00499
lvl.2
Australia

JockC Posted at 2017-7-7 21:17
Flight tests failed!!!

My update of the RC, drone and batteries all worked without any issues. The first quick flight (on the back lawn) was fine but a more detailed flight today was not good at all.

I have exactly the same issue, hoping there is a solution
2017-8-6
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384406 ft
Sweden

fans1f690efe Posted at 2017-8-5 17:11

I would say my Aircraft is working as intended, as i wrote the only issue that I see is it breaks a little faster but not so it affects anything. More that I was used to the old way. So I have no complaints as to this date.
2017-8-6
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Ukraine

Hello to all! Help me please. Madea stupid thing when updated DJI GO4 to 4.1.5 and today try to fly... App restarts, closes at every attempt... Please help me - who have not updated yet please send me apk file of GO4 version 4.1.2
Will be grateful!
2017-8-6
Use props
fans9e10b3cb
New
Flight distance : 393655 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

imu error after update this firmware.. how to fix..?? or this is bugs???
2017-8-6
Use props
Deep^Blue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1662766 ft
Finland

Larsaunitz Posted at 2017-8-6 11:19
I would say my Aircraft is working as intended, as i wrote the only issue that I see is it breaks a little faster but not so it affects anything. More that I was used to the old way. So I have no complaints as to this date.

Also 4K 30fps recording working without gimball issues?
2017-8-7
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Somnium Posted at 2017-8-6 12:15
Hello to all! Help me please. Madea stupid thing when updated DJI GO4 to 4.1.5 and today try to fly... App restarts, closes at every attempt... Please help me - who have not updated yet please send me apk file of GO4 version 4.1.2
Will be grateful!

DJI replace new 4.1.5 version. download agan and will be fine.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-5 10:12

I am sorry to hear hat this has not worked for you, all I can tell you that it has worked for many of us users and myself and while its not a complete fix it is a work around the issues we were all having .
2017-8-12
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298875 ft
Australia

It did that for me so I just closed it, checked for the update in the GO 4 app and it had updated to the new version.
2017-8-12
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-8-12 01:21
I am sorry to hear hat this has not worked for you, all I can tell you that it has worked for many of us users and myself and while its not a complete fix it is a work around the issues we were all having .

I did a new test yesterday to send the logs to DJI and without the foward obstacule sensors off the problem was even worse
2017-8-12
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-12 02:40
I did a new test yesterday to send the logs to DJI and without the foward obstacule sensors off the problem was even worse

I meant WITH the foward obsracle sensors OFF, sorry
2017-8-12
Use props
fans7e1b24d0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12372 ft
Spain

Como que sólo va a volar 30 me de alto 50 de Largo?
2017-8-13
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

fans7e1b24d0 Posted at 2017-8-13 06:16
Como que sólo va a volar 30 me de alto 50 de Largo?

Suponiendo que tienes todo actualizado (drone / control remoto / app)
Ahora tienes que hacer dos cosas!
1-Acceder a su cuenta de DJI (email + contraseña)
2-Desactivar la función ( beginner mode )
Todo volverá a la normalidad!
2017-8-13
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

If anyone is having issues with the latest firmware just google how to downgrade back to the last update. I did this and now my drone flies fine!
2017-8-14
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

fans9e10b3cb Posted at 2017-8-6 19:53

I had the same IMU Error after updating my firmware. As you noticed, after few seconds that error is gone but I had to wait longer than before for IMU to warm up.
Today I did a Firmware REFRESH using DJI Assistant but this time I also did Restore Factory Defaults. No more IMU Error and IMU warming up is much faster. I didn't fly yet.
Give it a try and let me know,please.
2017-8-14
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-8-14 12:33
I had the same IMU Error after updating my firmware. As you noticed, after fre seconds that error is gone but I had to wait longer than before for IMU to warm up.
Today I did a Firmware REFRESH using DJI Assistant but this time I also did Factory Reset. No more IMU Error and IMU warming up is much faster. i didn't fly yet.
Give it a try and let me know,please.

When you say you did a "factory reset" do you mean "restore factory defaults?"
2017-8-14
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-8-14 14:01
When you say you did a "factory reset" do you mean "restore factory defaults?"

Sorry. yes. Restore Factory Defaults
2017-8-14
Use props
jamesyboy
New
United Kingdom

This is the worst upgrade DJI has made. My drone was fully functional until I upgraded now with many others I am experiencing a lot of problems. Below are a couple of links that are very similar to mine. After speaking to DJI support, they want me to send my drone to them when it's clearly an issue with their latest firmware. I do hope that DJI are working to sort these issues out.

Unhappy UAV Pilot
2017-8-15
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

fans9e10b3cb Posted at 2017-8-6 19:53

Well, I tried flying today and I got the same IMU Error and the same wobbling at the end of a Draw Mode mission.
I guess I wasn't getting the error yesterday as the drone was already warm.
2017-8-15
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

Can someone from DJI please tell us when a firmware fix will be available? 6 weeks since this abysmal failware and we're all still waiting. This is a FRIKKEN JOKE!
2017-8-16
Use props
fans0589ab33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656703 ft
United States

It's comical that the firmware is still being pushed out despite the issues Phantom 4 customers are experiencing.

I wonder if the firmware issues are linked to a bad batch of Phantom 4 motherboards. With PC motherboards there are always different revisions v 1.0, v1.1, v1.2 etc even though its being sold the same model.

2017-8-16
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

Officially sanctioned Rollback is still the best idea or a buybackplan for the Phantom4.
2017-8-17
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

Fix  fow advance mode
2017-8-17
Use props
fans413ed0f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103461 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, i did the update, got the wobbles like everyone else,..... i disabled the vision sensors, and it flew ok, but it did not take much for it to drop satellite signal and go into ATTI mode, which I don't trust. I spoke with DJI 2 days ago, they said my only choices are to either wait for another shaky firmware which they have no information on when it may happen, or send it in. I have heard horror stories about drones being sent and being gone for ridiculous amounts of time for these issues. Would I have to send in just the drone or both rc as well?? I have a range extender on mine, and would not be thrilled if i got back anything other than what i sent.

Has anyone else found any work around? I'd prefer to roll back firmware but i don't see how to anymore since DJI doesn't offer last install..... i had thought about buying a Mavic, since i have a P4, Osmo Plus and a P3 Std, but their handling of this has me gun shy of buying another product.
2017-8-17
Use props
dj NIMBUS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103461 ft
  • >>>
United States

...and i still haven't received my repair case email with shipping label.... terrible process....
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules