2843 12 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Went to fly yesterday and when I went (within DJIGo v 3.1.13 2796) to go "check home point on the map" there was no map- it was grayed out.

Been flying my Insire 1 for 2.5 years. Never seen this.

I'm using an iPad Air II.

Everything is up-to-date.

Flying around town (not out in the boonies- although I've done that plenty of times without that maps disappearing).

Any ideas?
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the experience with our APP, do you have the map caches? Does this problem still persists? Have you tried to connect the network to see if the map will show up?
2017-7-7
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

No worries, Mindy. I appreciate you responding.

I don't know anything about using Map caches. I'm a web guy, so I understand what a cache is, but, I've have never had to do anything like that before.

So my first two questions would be: why now? and how?

It also makes me wonder- understanding how caching works, and if this were the case, what would I do if I'm out scouting filming locations in the boonies (in my case, the mountains, were there is hardly any wireless signal, if any) and I want to fly somewhere I haven't been before? I don't always know where I'm going to be.

Connecting to a Network... Are you asking if my iPad Air II is connected via wifi? I did turn everything on (Inspire, RC, iPad) while in my office and I was connected to my wifi at that point. And no, there were no maps. I did that several times.
2017-7-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

ChadAustin Posted at 2017-7-7 05:32
No worries, Mindy. I appreciate you responding.

I don't know anything about using Map caches. I'm a web guy, so I understand what a cache is, but, I've have never had to do anything like that before.

On the go app I think under General settings it will say " Map Cache in background" be sure to enable this , this way if you dont have Internet signal to the /go app device , the amp will still come up .  

Be sure if you are going to be in are with no internet to your go app device that you have map Facing on and before you go out be sure to zoom in on the spot you are going to in the maps feature , zoom alll the way in and out and move around .  I have found this works well when in areas with No Internet for my go app device .  ( I pad )

Donnie
2017-7-8
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for responding, Donnie. I appreciate your reaching out.

I checked and "Map Cache in Background" was already enabled.

I'm just talking aloud here (or typing aloud- ha) but I don't understand why any preparatory now needs to be done for the maps. It's not been that way for two years.

Maybe I just need to uninstall the app and reinstall it?
2017-7-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChadAustin Posted at 2017-7-8 20:04

What Donnie is telling you will get the map detail for your flying location with a device that is not connected to the internet while on location (via hot spot or cell etc).  You might want to clear the cache first before loading new map detail. It sounds like you know your stuff and we are only trying to help possible things you were over looking?

Reinstalling the App might fix the map problem, as I have only seen this once on my iPad. I reinstalled google maps App and it seemed to fix it for me (but this has been about a year ago)

Rich
2017-7-8
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys - I'm puzzled why the DJI app would require all the Pre-conditioning and or phone service to see a GPS map location.  Would seem logical to have support of a of a full working GPS, at least on the more high-end equipment like Inspire 1&2 costing over five grand when  you can buy an GPS for travel for $50 that needs no phone service and works perfect.

Thanks Mike
2017-7-9
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

ChadAustin Posted at 2017-7-8 20:04

Try this:  do a complete  delete  of the "go app " and do a fresh install, that seems to fix the problem after the latest updates .  Be sure to sync your flight records ( if you wish , not mandatory ) as well before starting the delete process.

donnie
2017-7-10
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Mike Mas Posted at 2017-7-9 08:52
Hey Guys - I'm puzzled why the DJI app would require all the Pre-conditioning and or phone service to see a GPS map location.  Would seem logical to have support of a of a full working GPS, at least on the more high-end equipment like Inspire 1&2 costing over five grand when  you can buy an GPS for travel for $50 that needs no phone service and works perfect.

Thanks Mike

Mike , you dont need to have the Cell service activated, you just need the GPS activated  and on the iPads they come bundle( GPS and Cell capabitly ) together .  You are also correct that you can buy an attachment to the RC transmitter for about 50 dollars from DJI ( that works very well I hear ) that will do the same thing and give GPS data .

donnie
2017-7-10
Use props
NailDrivingMan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I started a similar thread.  The fix proposed above works.  Thanks to all for your help.
2017-7-11
Use props
UnDead Rec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1096677 ft
United States

NailDrivingMan Posted at 2017-7-11 00:06
I started a similar thread.  The fix proposed above works.  Thanks to all for your help.

Speaking of that Thread
http://forum.dji.com/thread-103657-1-1.html

I am having similar problems with P3P, iPad Mini 3.
2017-7-11
Use props
delcodrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440367 ft

United States

Yeah, I had the same issue last weekend with Ipad mini updating the software on the pad did not work. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app that fixed it for now
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

NailDrivingMan Posted at 2017-7-11 00:06

Happy this solved it

donnie
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules