Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystalsky offline map
9559 29 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StianGel
Captain
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Just got my Crystalsky 5.5" for my Mavic.
I am trying to download offline maps, but all the avaliable locations are in China. (I belive)
Am i missing something, or is the current firmware limited?
And how do i store bookmarks in the browser?
2017-7-6
Use props
Fortnight
Captain
Flight distance : 5403383 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was the same.  I had to do a reset on the device and then make sure to turn on location services and change the time zone.  Not sure that fixed it but that made mine work,  Good luck
2017-7-6
Use props
DronzEyeView
lvl.1
Flight distance : 352260 ft
United States

I downloaded Colorado, USA
2017-7-6
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Norway

Fortnight Posted at 2017-7-6 14:58
Mine was the same.  I had to do a reset on the device and then make sure to turn on location services and change the time zone.  Not sure that fixed it but that made mine work,  Good luck

I will give this a try and report back.
2017-7-6
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Norway

With a reset it worked great.
Any tips about storing, or accessing chrome bookmarks?
2017-7-6
Use props
IronJim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1732372 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just received my CrystalSky Monitor, still playing around with it, how does one download MAPS, very interested in downloading a California Map if available
2017-7-7
Use props
fansc1950d80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 969452 ft
  • >>>
United States

IronJim Posted at 2017-7-7 16:11
Just received my CrystalSky Monitor, still playing around with it, how does one download MAPS, very interested in downloading a California Map if available

Me too. I have no idea how to do it.
2017-7-7
Use props
LaurenOE
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansc1950d80 Posted at 2017-7-7 18:24
Me too. I have no idea how to do it.

I now have a username
2017-7-7
Use props
Fortnight
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Go into the DJI go app and click the menu icon in the upper right then click on the "Offline Map" menu item.  The choose Region then State.
2017-7-7
Use props
OlieO
Flight distance : 55758 ft
United States

Reset fixed the issue for me as well!
2017-7-8
Use props
LaurenOE
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-7-7 22:12
Go into the DJI go app and click the menu icon in the upper right then click on the "Offline Map" menu item.  The choose Region then State.

I just realized that offline maps are only available with DJIGO 4.
2017-7-9
Use props
Visualkaos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

LaurenOE Posted at 2017-7-9 08:03
I just realized that offline maps are only available with DJIGO 4.

I downloaded Indiana however I dont see where to veiw the maps once downloaded.  It says it was downloaded but nothing is in the downloads folder.  Where do I access them?
2017-7-9
Use props
Fortnight
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Go to your DJI go 4 Flight Screen and click on the map.  Bottom left
2017-7-9
Use props
LaurenOE
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Visualkaos Posted at 2017-7-9 12:04
I downloaded Indiana however I dont see where to veiw the maps once downloaded.  It says it was downloaded but nothing is in the downloads folder.  Where do I access them?

Since it appears that the DJIGo and DJIGo4 use two different application locations, they don't share maps that are downloaded.
2017-7-11
Use props
Twirlip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

Cautionary tale for anyone considering a CrystalSky reset to deal with this issue:  I did that and my brand-new CrystalSky that arrived just today is now a useless brick.  Can't sign into DJI GO 4 at all.  Here's the sad story:

1. Got brand new 5.5" CrystalSky today to use with my Mavic Pro.
2. Turned it on, connected to my home Wi-Fi, it prompted me to update system version to 02.02.06.05, so I did.
3. Successfully flew my Mavic with it.  Worked great, except I had no maps in flight (rather, it had a blank map; no streets).  Looks like it's a Chinese map provider.
4. Having seen this thread here, I did a reset of my CrystalSky.
5. Powered it up after the reset.
6. Set time zone to my US location.
7. Connected my Wi-Fi.
8. Try to run DJI GO 4.  It prompts me for email address and password.
9. I enter the username and password, and press "sign in".

Result:  the app says "no network connection is available."

It's a total impasse.  The DJI GO 4 app insists that there's no network connection, even though there definitely is one.  (The settings screen shows my Wi-Fi connected.  I can open the web browser and view a web page.  It's only DJI GO 4 that can't seem to use the connection.)

Tried resetting the device again, trying various combinations of starting up, no luck.  I simply cannot run DJI GO 4 at all, and my shiny new CrystalSky now might as well be a doorstop.

This looks like someone might be having a somewhat related issue, though they're trying to work with OSMO instead of Mavic.  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=102538

Anyway, for anyone reading this:  if you've already reset and everything works for you, then great!  ... but if you haven't reset yet, you may want to check whether this issue has been resolved before doing that.
2017-7-15
Use props
DaveMoi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 473323 ft
Belgium

Is there any way to store the map information on one of the SD cards instead of the internal memory?
2017-7-15
Use props
DaveMoi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 473323 ft
Belgium

Twirlip Posted at 2017-7-15 17:39
Cautionary tale for anyone considering a CrystalSky reset to deal with this issue:  I did that and my brand-new CrystalSky that arrived just today is now a useless brick.  Can't sign into DJI GO 4 at all.  Here's the sad story:

1. Got brand new 5.5" CrystalSky today to use with my Mavic Pro.

I had a similar problem after the reset as the icon showed the unit to be connected to my wifi network while it wasn't. The way I solved it was by telling it to "forget" my network and afterwards logging onto my network again (entering the password again for my network). Afterwards it worked (including the maps). Mine only gave the Chinese maps as well when I bought it, now it alllows me to download any map including US and European maps.

Hope this helps,

David
2017-7-15
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 366257 ft
  • >>>
Iraq

Can someone from DJI confirm whether offline maps are only available with DJIGO 4 on CrystalSky... or are they available on DJIGo also.
2017-8-27
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Just got mine CS 550 and upgraded it to 02.03.00.00. Have not received my Spark Combo Yet, but am trying to download some offline maps.
Have network connection, can browse, download instructions, view photos ...., but when enter Dji go4 and enter maps download, it starts twith aquiring of avalable city map lists and gives then the error message
" No network is available"
Have the right time zone, date, time
So what might be the reason? Do i need to connect Spark first?
2017-10-14
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 2017-10-14 04:13
Just got mine CS 550 and upgraded it to 02.03.00.00. Have not received my Spark Combo Yet, but am trying to download some offline maps.
Have network connection, can browse, download instructions, view photos ...., but when enter Dji go4 and enter maps download, it starts twith aquiring of avalable city map lists and gives then the error message
" No network is available"

Try this:
- factory reset
- after reboot, login with your DJI user/passwd
- set your date/time and correct timezone
- enable GPS (location) access

- try downloading the maps in GO4.

It might work ... or not ...

I have a 5.5" CS and above procedure worked, but with my 7.85" CS no success. grrrr.
So, let's wait for the next firmware update.
2017-10-14
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Keule Posted at 2017-10-14 04:52
Try this:
- factory reset
- after reboot, login with your DJI user/passwd

This did not help unfortunately, but i have found the problem - it was my fault, as i switched Battery Saver ON, but did not disabled Restrict Network Access  under "Battery Saver"
2017-10-14
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 2017-10-14 05:53
This did not help unfortunately, but i have found the problem - it was my fault, as i switched Battery Saver ON, but did not disabled Restrict Network Access  under "Battery Saver"

Cool, good to know.
2017-10-14
Use props
fansb35252f6
lvl.1
United States

I just got my Ultra and can't even use it.  I connect to wifi during the initial setup, shows connected, but when I try to log in I always get an error: "network unavailable, error id: 00".  What a PoS, can't even get to the OS to try a reset or anything.  Tried connecting to 2.4ghz and 5ghz, plus tethering to phone, I can't login.  

DJI, this is why you don't require this online activation nonsense.  You are really annoying loyal customers who waited a VERY long time for the CS, then finally receive the heavy, bulky, $850 tablet and cannot even use it...  There is no reason why I should be required to sign in for the CS and this process is bricking your devices!
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansb35252f6 Posted at 2017-11-27 15:35
I just got my Ultra and can't even use it.  I connect to wifi during the initial setup, shows connected, but when I try to log in I always get an error: "network unavailable, error id: 00".  What a PoS, can't even get to the OS to try a reset or anything.  Tried connecting to 2.4ghz and 5ghz, plus tethering to phone, I can't login.  

DJI, this is why you don't require this online activation nonsense.  You are really annoying loyal customers who waited a VERY long time for the CS, then finally receive the heavy, bulky, $850 tablet and cannot even use it...  There is no reason why I should be required to sign in for the CS and this process is bricking your devices!

We are sorry for the trouble caused due to server glitch, would you please have another try now?
2017-11-28
Use props
fansb35252f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-28 02:12
We are sorry for the trouble caused due to server glitch, would you please have another try now?

Yep, got in a day later, ruined my flight plans for yesterday...  This is exactly why you should not be requiring your customers to log in.  I pay you $850 for a tablet which was rendered useless by a "server glitch".  So what happens if DJI goes under some day, or the internet has major outages, everything I purchased from you becomes unusable?  What about people without broadband and wifi, they are not allowed to use a CrystalSky because there is no way to bypass the initial signing setup?  You are screwing up a lot lately DJI, get with it!
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansb35252f6 Posted at 2017-11-29 13:18
Yep, got in a day later, ruined my flight plans for yesterday...  This is exactly why you should not be requiring your customers to log in.  I pay you $850 for a tablet which was rendered useless by a "server glitch".  So what happens if DJI goes under some day, or the internet has major outages, everything I purchased from you becomes unusable?  What about people without broadband and wifi, they are not allowed to use a CrystalSky because there is no way to bypass the initial signing setup?  You are screwing up a lot lately DJI, get with it!

Sir, I'm sorry for the late response and we sincerely apologize for the trouble and inconvenience that have been caused to your work.
We suggest to sign in DJI account and do not log out if it is not necessary, we will keep improving our products to make it more stable and reliable, we are sorry again for the unpleasant experience.
2017-12-3
Use props
Gugel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116969 ft
Germany

Hi everybody,
I am new here, living in  Germany.
I got my CS for my Phantom 4 some days ago and it is not possible to load Maps. There are only Chinese citys in the list.
The second point is, that on the satelite map are a lot of clouds these maps are not useable. In the Go4 App on the iPhone i have verry  clear and sharp maps. Is there any posibility to go back to the Google Maps.
Thanks Form the help
2017-12-30
Use props
hridge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Hello, I recently got my crystalsky monitor..Model Number CS785U System version 02.04.06.00 .  I'm having problems with the offline maps.. Its still showing china .. I've reset my device twice, made sure its was in my Time Zone (Pacific) reboot my monitor too... still no change... WIFI is on and connected and I'm signed on to my DJI account... Any additional help?

Hi, update.. just finally got it to work...
  I rebooted, reset all setting , set the time zone first, then rebooted the device, then verify time zone was still there that I selected, then went to app....  and click on the WLAN icon on the DJI GO setting app... then went to the offline section first there was a blank screen, then it started to boot up.... then the countries show up and I was then able to select what I wanted.
2018-1-28
Use props
la_panza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

hridge Posted at 2018-1-28 09:33
Hello, I recently got my crystalsky monitor..Model Number CS785U System version 02.04.06.00 .  I'm having problems with the offline maps.. Its still showing china .. I've reset my device twice, made sure its was in my Time Zone (Pacific) reboot my monitor too... still no change... WIFI is on and connected and I'm signed on to my DJI account... Any additional help?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljcoq2 ... 8-15-19-50.png?dl=0

Hello, I simply can't find the "offline map download"  line on the DJI GO 4 upper-right menu....

2018-3-18
Use props
fans2a964ffb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 463448 ft
Germany

Same for me, there is no offline or download option.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules