Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why did I buy DJI Care Refresh?
1476 11 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

Hello,

It had taken about 2 weeks of biting my tongue before finally giving in to write this.

Back on June 12, 2017, we had a minor accident -- Inspire 2 only had damage to props.  But the X4S camera would not work (an issue with the sensor, as well as gimbal).  Product was shipped to DJI on the 13th of June and received by them on the 14th.  (We are only about 45 minutes away from their repair facility.)

Since then, we have not been able to get any valuable information or legitimate status updates on the matter.  We first received a case number CAS-707659-X1T8M3, which we were using and seemed to only confuse the situation.  Finally, someone said that our actual case number was CAS-716134-N8D8D3.  I still don't know which is the actual one, or why I had two case numbers.

Initially, we never even received any of the emails/attachments that we were supposed to receive after starting the DJI Care Refresh return process.  Though we received the UPS label very quickly after we put in the request, we didn't even know the case number or know what forms to fill out, and it took multiple calls into DJI on the 13th of June (while our X4S was sitting at UPS facility) to actually get the proper paperwork for us to be able to send it back to the repair facility.  We had to call to UPS to have an employee write our newly learned case number on the package, and ended up driving to UPS before the package was actually shipped to get the paperwork into the box.  Not fun.

In at least two of the many phone calls I've made to DJI about this, it seems that the repair facility has no idea what's actually going on with my product.  (As if it was sitting on a "lost and found" table in the warehouse ...)

But the biggest issue that I can't seem to understand is WHAT GOOD IS DJI CARE REFRESH, IF IT ISN'T WHAT WAS SOLD AND I CAN'T GET MY CAMERA REPLACED?

It has now been almost 4 weeks.  We are planning to use this for business/professional purposes.  How could that even be possible if we have huge windows of nearly 1 month that our product is completely out of commission, with ZERO information about what's going on?  We would simply go out of business if our goal was to sell video or inspection services using our Inspire 2.

I purchased DJI Care Refresh specifically because of the following information that is on DJI's website: "DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability."  I don't have peace of mind right now.

What am I supposed to expect with DJI Care Refresh?  The information at https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace stated that my product was received at 5.21p on June 14, 2017.  It is still stuck at "Conducting Damage Assessment" -- which says "It will take 1-3 working days to conduct damage assessment."  And that's fine ... But then it says "Please wait patiently."  1-3 days is not a big deal.  But I still don't know what's wrong with my camera, nor do I have any idea what's going on or a date on when I will be receiving it back.

I'm not too excited about spending thousands of dollars on a product that DJI is struggling to support.  I thought that I should be receiving a replacement unit.  According to DJI's store, I could purchase and receive a brand new X4S camera to be shipped within 1-3 business days of payment confirmation.  Why am I still sitting here waiting almost 1 month for my replacement with DJI Care Refresh?

DJI's website explicitly states that "you'll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability."  THAT IS WHAT I WANT -- AND I WAS DESERVING TO HAVE IT WEEKS AGO.  I really don't know what DJI is doing with my X4S camera right now, but I would really like to be able to get back into action with the hardware I have purchased from DJI.

On a side note, when we first received the X4S camera, the glass on the front was smudged as if someone had got really thick grease or glue all over it.  Using a lens cloth, I was not even able to remove the smudges.  Did I possibly receive a refurbished unit labeled as new?  I would not have expected the glass to be so unclean, and I wouldn't expect it to come out of the factory that way, especially considering how amazing China is at manufacturing tech.

Does anyone have any information on their experience with DJI Care Refresh in USA?  I'm very frustrated and even more discouraged, and we have missed many great opportunities to use the Inspire 2 -- which is an AMAZING piece of engineering!  The problems seem to be the post-sales processes created to support the people who have paid DJI thousands of dollars for hardware.

I don't think it is fair to sell the DJI Care Refresh the way as it has been labeled on the DJI website.  It is extremely misleading, and I definitely feel that I did not know what exactly I was purchasing.  (Or maybe DJI did not handle my case the way it should have been handled?)

I specified in the return report that a gust of wind had knocked the Inspire 2 out of control, sending it into the bushes.  So I am hoping that we aren't put in a low priority because it was assumed to be "flight under unsuitable conditions" ... Because we currently have 100% of our flights taking off from the same location that we also control a weather station -- and we do have all wind data taken 10m above ground at 1 minute intervals to prove that our flight conditions were suitable for the DJI Inspire 2 recommended conditions -- there was a maximum wind gust of 8.5m/s throughout the entire day.

All that being said, I personally think the DJI Inspire 2 is a beautiful piece of machine and we have truly loved flying with it.  I just wish that I wasn't completely left out of what is going on with my hardware -- or what exactly DJI Care Refresh is supposed to actually be.

We need to get back in the sky with our camera ASAP.  Please help.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

paraviz02, I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience with us, there should be some misunderstanding in the case. We care much about your concern and thanks for bringing this to our attention,  I have escalated to appropriate team to investigate the whole process and will give you an explanation and help to get it addressed as soon as possible. There will be someone to contact you later about details after reviewing, appreciate your patience, we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience that has been caused to you.
2017-7-6
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

Thank you so much for your response, Mindy.

I know that, at the end of the day, nobody at DJI wants a customer to be unsatisfied -- and I know that I don't either!  Aside from the delay or misunderstanding with DJI Care Refresh and our Zenmuse X4S, we do truly love the product that DJI has created.  It has opened our eyes to a completely new world for cinematography.

But we do also understand that mistakes happen.  If there's something we did wrong, that can help get the process back on track, I would be more than happy to do whatever is necessary.  We tried to do everything the correct way.

And now, we received our DJI Goggles, which adds a little more to the frustration, seeing as we can't figure out how to use it with the FPV camera.  Seems to only work with the gimbal camera.  But just going through the tutorial and activating the product is making us a bit excited to use it in the air!

Any information you could provide would be wonderful.  We just want the camera back working as new, or most importantly, a timeframe that we can rely on and plan around.  Having a huge question mark is very difficult when the product is more of a tool than a toy.

Much thanks for your help.  If there is anything I can do to be of any help, please let me know.

Take care, Mindy.
2017-7-7
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

We heard back from DJI Support around 9.53a local time this morning.  They say they will be reaching out to me before the end of the day.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks again, Mindy, for all of your help.
2017-7-7
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

We still have not heard back from DJI support.  We had expected some update by end of day yesterday.  It is now 28 hours later and no update.

On a similar note, we do really like the DJI product, and I am thinking about purchasing Osmo+ ... But seems that I am not able to select the Oslo Shield on the DJI Store app.  Any idea why I cannot?
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-7-8 13:05
We still have not heard back from DJI support.  We had expected some update by end of day yesterday.  It is now 28 hours later and no update.

On a similar note, we do really like the DJI product, and I am thinking about purchasing Osmo+ ... But seems that I am not able to select the Oslo Shield on the DJI Store app.  Any idea why I cannot?

Sorry for this, I've informed the managment to escalate this case, they will contact you soon. As for the Osmo Shield, have you tried to purchase it from DJI online store ? http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-plus OSMO.jpg
2017-7-8
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

We have not tried from the store online, only from the DJI Store app.  I will check that out, thank you!
2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-7-9 07:25
We have not tried from the store online, only from the DJI Store app.  I will check that out, thank you!

You are welcome, please purchase Osmo Shield via computer.
2017-7-9
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

Wonderful news!  We have received an update from DJI!

Even though last Friday morning we were told that we would have a response with update by the end of the business day -- which never happened -- we just now received 3 update emails about our case.  The first two were for "Damage Assessment", and the third email, which came only 8 minutes later, was "Repair Completed".

After going to the Repair Progress Inquiry site, it still says that it is "Under Repair", and that the first two items for repair ("Repaired" and "Flight Test Complete") were done, and that it is now in "Conducting Quality Assurance."

Thank you so much for helping out.  We are extremely excited, and are so very much looking forward to being back in the sky.

Thank you, thank you!
2017-7-10
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

And now we just got one that the quality assurance is now complete, and the product should be shipped within 1-2 business days.

Woohoo!

Third happiest day of my life!  Or maybe fourth.

Thanks again. :-)
2017-7-10
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

Ok -- we just received an email notification that the product was shipped and we should be receiving it tomorrow!

And that email was followed shortly thereafter with a phone call from DJI explaining that none of these things should have happened, with their apologies (of course that goes only so far for missed production opportunities, but we are very understanding!), and that with DJI Care Refresh, that is absolutely not the way the process should have gone.  They are going to investigate, and hopefully this does not happen again for anyone else.

Obviously there was a little bit of an oversight ... And a solid month of question marks for us.  But I just want to say that we are very happy to hear from DJI today, and the quick response to our forum post was very much appreciated.

From the DJI perspective, they sell a product and support the product.  But from our perspective, these products become our creative outlet ... And in my case, if I can't be creative, that definitely turns to being a little destructive.  My appreciation for DJI allowing me to vent myself here.

DJI has addressed this issue, and helped me feel confident that this will not happen again in the future.  So we're holding DJI to that one!

We are super excited to get the camera back.  So excited I don't even know how to explain it.

Thank you again for everything.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, hope you will receive the camera very soon, enjoy it and have a good time on flying.
We will keep improving to provide more good products and customer service. If there is any other questions, please keep us posted, we are always here.
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules