Can not steer right and left
8518 18 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans90fd4d3e
lvl.1
United States

After doing all of the updates and calibrations, I took my new Inspire 2 up but could only fly forward and backwards.  Left stick moving left and right has no affect.  I calibrated sticks, still nothing.  Spent 2 hrs with dji help resetting everything and nothing worked.  They said it was in the controller and had me ship it back for repair (brand new never been used).  While waiting for them to do something with it, I got hold of another controller.  I paired it and made sure all updates and calibrations were up to date.  Same exact problem.  Can fly up and down and forward and back but can not steer left and right.  However, when I hit rth and drone was descended, I could turn left and right as it descended.

I landed, shut everything down, re-booted and launched with same exact results.

Anybody got at suggestions?

david
2017-7-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
This is very strange for sure. It sounds like you eliminated the remote.
If this only happened after the FW update, then please try downgrading the FW on the remote and the Inspire 2.

Let us know if this changes anything.
Rich
2017-7-6
Use props
fans90fd4d3e
lvl.1
United States

I'll try but this happened on the initial flight and every one after.
DJI had me reload and re calibrate 3 times.  Same result.
But, I'll try downgrading the FW tomorrow.

My concern is that it's taking over a week for my original control to get back to them and I'm going to get a "there's nothing wrong with the control, send us the drone"  
I've lost a week and previously on a Mavic Pro it took 3 weeks to get a repair.  
Probably going to lose a month on a very expensive investment that is useless to my business right now when I need it.
Not Happy with DJI
2017-7-6
Use props
fansa127a1c0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3529121 ft
  • >>>
United States

that's exactly what happened to me today at take off with my I2, luckily  everything came back to normal after I gain altitude to 50ft. I landed and take off again with another set of batteries  and the issue did not happen again. it was very scary. I haven't done any of the last 2 updates.
2017-7-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans90fd4d3e Posted at 2017-7-6 19:20
I'll try but this happened on the initial flight and every one after.
DJI had me reload and re calibrate 3 times.  Same result.
But, I'll try downgrading the FW tomorrow.

okay, sorry for your trouble and if you had this same problem before updating to the latest FW then my suggestions above may not help. Please don't risk your Inspire 2, it might just need to go back to the repair shop under warranty.

Keep us posted on your decision
Rich
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for this situation, would you please help to check the gain setting in MC Settings---Advanced Settings, what is the data if ''Roll''? We suggest to reset the Gain&Expo Tuning as the picture shows. Please keep us posted if it works after resetting, thank you.
gain settings.png
reset gain&expo tuning.png
2017-7-6
Use props
fans90fd4d3e
lvl.1
United States

Mindy,
Something I had not thought of.  Will try within the hour.
Thank you very much
2017-7-7
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

If this happens to you after take-off, then try setting the gimbal to free mode instead of Follow Mode. If the aircraft can then turn freely, but stops turning again if you set the gimbal back to follow mode, do the following....

In DJI Go, Go to main controller (cloverleaf icon)->advanced settings -> sensitivity and check the value for  Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode, needs to be below 40-50 to allow the aircraft to yaw. If it's much above that, then the aircraft begins to stop reacting toyaw commands. experiment with a value that's suits how smooth you want the camera gimbal to start/stop turning when you turn the aircraft, 0 is abrupt stop without any damping.

Hope that helps.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans90fd4d3e
lvl.1
United States

Mindy,

All gain settings are at 100.  I changed to 80 and 120.  Same results.  reset default back to 100 but still same result.  Not able to turn right or left.

However,
when I hit RTH and drone is descending, I have complete ability to turn right and left as it comes down.  If I cancel rth I no longer can turn right or left.

I'm totally "bumfuzzled"
2017-7-13
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Please check out the setting in my post above, chances are it will resolve your issue.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans90fd4d3e
lvl.1
United States

I bow before the wisdom and experience of Electro-Nick!!
"Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode" was set at 100.
I dropped it to 45 and everything works perfectly.
Thank you Nick!!

I thought with the hours I've logged with my Phantom 3 and Mavic Pro, I was ready to step up to handle the Inspire 2.  
Looks like the learning curve is steeper than I thought.
My fear is that I don't know what I don't know.  Looks like I'll be back here reading more.

Really wish DJI Support knew this rather than having me send my Controller back to them 2 weeks ago.  Can't believe I spent half a day following their instructions followed by them having me send it back to them 2 weeks ago.  Still waiting for some info from them other than their status note that they received it.

Very disappoint with DJI support.  Very pleased with Forum and participants.  Thanks everybody.  Especially Nick
2017-7-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans90fd4d3e Posted at 2017-7-14 07:25
I bow before the wisdom and experience of Electro-Nick!!
"Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode" was set at 100.
I dropped it to 45 and everything works perfectly.

Just keep in mind that as DJI increases the complexity of the aircraft, troubleshooting becomes much harder. This is why experienced pilots on the forum  try to help each other out....  no one can know it all.

Glad Nick suggested this tip, I have also noticed this when messing around with higher gains.

Rich
2017-7-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-7-7 06:07
If this happens to you after take-off, then try setting the gimbal to free mode instead of Follow Mode. If the aircraft can then turn freely, but stops turning again if you set the gimbal back to follow mode, do the following....

In DJI Go, Go to main controller (cloverleaf icon)->advanced settings -> sensitivity and check the value for  Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode, needs to be below 40-50 to allow the aircraft to yaw. If it's much above that, then the aircraft begins to stop reacting toyaw commands. experiment with a value that's suits how smooth you want the camera gimbal to start/stop turning when you turn the aircraft, 0 is abrupt stop without any damping.

Hey Nick

Nice job..... !

All the best
Rich
2017-7-14
Use props
fans90fd4d3e
lvl.1
United States

I agree Rich.  And I appreciate all those that contribute.

I am surprised that the default  was 100.  
2017-7-14
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Glad it resolved the issues for you.  It's not nice flying a few grands worth of drunken and unresponsive drone ;). - especially if there are trees lurking nearby waiting to pounce    

The biggest problem with DJI and their equipment is that they don't have any comprehensive instruction manuals detailing the settings, so it's purely a matter of trial, error and prior experience with these sort of settings and problems.
2017-7-14
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The get out of jail free card if something isn't behaving correctly or as expected is always to try ATTI mode first as it disconnects 99% of the automatic 'nanny' mode settings. If it's still doing it in atti mode, then it's time to start praying you'll get the drone home in one piece!
2017-7-14
Use props
Scaramouche
lvl.1
United States

Nick,
I did not know that.
I will keep it in my repertoire for future confusions.
Thanks
2017-7-14
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

I had to send mine back in for this problem. They said it was the vibration board that had a error... $50 part...
2017-7-14
Use props
BaseZero
New
United States

Ok. Having the same issue here. Inspire 2 suddenly stopped allowing me to turn it left or right, unless I switch into ATTI mode. Was over Lake Michigan at the time… fortunately discovered if I switched into ATTI mode, I could get control of the YAW. Of course, it happened to be a fairly windy day, so an average shoot turned into a high-adrenaline survival flight! I'm also experiencing the camera footage coming out blurry as well. Got the X4S camera. Just added a second remote for camera controls as well before this started happening. Going to look into these settings and see if I can troubleshoot the issue. Any additional input would be great as I'll be coming back here to report my findings.
2017-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules