1347 9 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team. Just starting a new thread regarding the issue reported by people with beta firmware 2.0.0.12 installed on their P4; specifically, the Assistant 2 isn't detecting that a new firmware is available.

I propose that the Beta testers further journey be captured here.

My first observation - to be confirmed when I get back home - is that the new firmware v02.00.0106 uses a numbering different format to beta 2.0.0.12, and this may be why Assistant 2 doesn't realise there is a relevant update. Last prod firmware was v1.2.602. Note both prod versions are using 3 sets of digits, whereas the beta is using 4 sets.

2017-7-6
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5459859 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I´m on beta 2.00.0012 and only can update the RC. Not detect new firmware for drone on app or DJI assistant 1.1.2-2

Whats happen DJI ??? Tell somethig, please.
2017-7-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

BEN_M16 Posted at 2017-7-6 21:12
I´m on beta 2.00.0012 and only can update the RC. Not detect new firmware for drone on app or DJI assistant 1.1.2-2

Whats happen DJI ??? Tell somethig, please.

Cool - so you've confirmed the versioning format? Good job - it's the same 3-digit-set sequence. Sadly that blows my theory out of the water though. :-(

As I mentioned in the other thread, I actually once saw the option to downgrade to 1.2.0602 when I was experimenting with Assistant 2 v1.1.0-2. I'll try to replicate that this weekend. That is, if I kept that version on my PC...
2017-7-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK. tried to replicate the earlier anomaly, but can't.

So unless DJI recognise how they've stuffed the beta testers right royally, spend some effort to work out how they missed this and resolve it, we all have Phantom 4s which can never be updated from the beta firmware version of last December.
This is definitely a story for any journos out there now. It was one thing to have people waiting a long time for new production firmware - hey, schedules slip - but what DJI have effectively done here is to nobble our AUD$2,000 birds from any future update (including this). That's actually criminal.
2017-7-6
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-6 23:35
OK. tried to replicate the earlier anomaly, but can't.

So unless DJI recognise how they've stuffed the beta testers right royally, spend some effort to work out how they missed this and resolve it, we all have Phantom 4s which can never be updated from the beta firmware version of last December.

Is that a loss of temper I detect in your tone Punchbuggy? Now I have seen everything. Seriously though - this has to be a simple oversight in terms of how Assistant picks up on the version number and should be fixable in a short timeframe.. DJI admins - think you really need to pick on this thread ASAP!!

I wonder if you had a spare P4 you could somehow spoof the software - bait and switch style. Interesting thought experiment as I don't think anyone has two P4 standards.
2017-7-7
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

Bupkis here as well.   

I've got $95 burning a hole in my pocket.  Time for a small claim against DJI to go with my BBB Complaint.

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-3-30 09:56
Yes we are listening and have never stopped.  Enjoy.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 0684&fromuid=419148

You're listening... since when?  Enjoy what exactly?

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-6-1 10:29
This has been brought to the attention of Engineering.  It is now been raised to a higher level.  If you are having an issue with the beta firmware.  You can wait until there is a solution or send your craft in for replacement/repair.  We appreciate your patience.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6925&fromuid=419148

@Tahoe Ed your word is worthless.  I've spoken with support about replacing my drone with this beta firmware and they will not do anything.

2017-7-7
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

ok guys no need to panic, DJI have finally come to the party (or at least something has changed) as I've just managed to upgrade from beta firmware to the new V02.00.0106 release using Assistant 2 whereas up until 15 minutes ago I was unable to do so. Everything seems to be there and operational and will test fly it later to check it out fully.
2017-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M109 Posted at 2017-7-7 04:32
ok guys no need to panic, DJI have finally come to the party (or at least something has changed) as I've just managed to upgrade from beta firmware to the new V02.00.0106 release using Assistant 2 whereas up until 15 minutes ago I was unable to do so. Everything seems to be there and operational and will test fly it later to check it out fully.

That's good news, I imagine their servers will be very busy with all the P3 & P4 releases. I don't suppose you'll ever be given any detail as to why the delay for Beta testers.
2017-7-7
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Great news.
2017-7-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-7 01:31
Is that a loss of temper I detect in your tone Punchbuggy? Now I have seen everything. Seriously though - this has to be a simple oversight in terms of how Assistant picks up on the version number and should be fixable in a short timeframe.. DJI admins - think you really need to pick on this thread ASAP!!

I wonder if you had a spare P4 you could somehow spoof the software - bait and switch style. Interesting thought experiment as I don't think anyone has two P4 standards.

Hey SED, there's only so much a bear can bare. hehe. But as pointed out elsewhere, this issue have now been resolved so marking this thread accordingly.  Thanks DJI for addressing this.

Noting how the P4P beta firmware was distributed, DJI appear to manage firmware access via account flags. I'm sure I was one of many who provided account details to be passed to engineers before the penny must have dropped.  I have to say that DJI support team monitoring the DJI Support Facebook page were very fast to respond to me directly when I posted the issue up there.

My update went smoothly. Took ~45 min all up.I checked that Assistant 2 saw the new update, and powered the P4 down.
Connected my iPhone 7, powered on the RC, and fired up latest DJI GO. Went into the status screen and pressed red triangle to be told there was an RC update. Did that (via phone wifi).
Fired up Assistant 2 on the PC, and then the P4. Started firmware update. Following succesful update (the firmware downloaded at a slow but consistent pace), I powered P4 down, inserted next battery, and powered back up. Did a firmware refresh to update the battery's firmware, and that powered through (it didn't need to download again).
Power cycled both the RC and P4 (after disconnecting from PC). They linked fine automatically.
Went into GO settings  to check everything out, but majority of settings had stuck (some hadn't) - didn't expect that.
Did IMU recalibration, then gimbal recalibration.
Then back to Assistant 2 to do VPS calibration. Bam! The ongoing issue with V1.1.2 - 'Frame alignment error'. Just could not get it to work. Fell back to my usual solution - uninstall and then install v1.1.0 with driver signature enforcement off. Assistant 2 v1.1.0 still asks me to keep rebooting the P4, but I ignore that and click 'Calibrate' and all good. Yay!

Off to test out later today.
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules