Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I want this drone badly but darn...
1184 14 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCKable
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Hello everyone. New here, and looking for my first High end drone.(high end meaning costs more then $179.99). I've watched videos, read posts, but then I finally came here to see what people were saying. Figure less chance of fanboys and haters. I might be posting this as just some reasurrance from Dji owners (mainly spakr folks).  I am seeing a lot of people talking about their drones just flying off,  For those that bought the spark refresh insurance, has Dji replaced your drone or have you just lost a drone and money?
I see people complaining about the connection between the phones and RC (WiFi connection dropping with them next to each other), i do see posts asking about adapters and what works or doesnt. I did see on another forum that you have to use the Dji OTG adapter cable and lightning cable in order for it to work with an iPhone.  Has anyone had success with the wired connection or have had no issues with the WiFi connection to the RC?Whats the worst and best time frame on your battery usage?

I would really like to get the mavric but the combo is out of my budget and the Spark combo is within it. #SingleDadLife

2017-7-6
Use props
Boah99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

If you are in the US you can get State Farm insurance for $60 a year with zero deductible  that covers the drone in full including fly away. Well worth the peace of mind.
2017-7-6
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Umm ... someone said that most of people who came to these forums want to tell Dji about the problem they had with the product and hopefully found solutions posted by some owners. Few people post compliments. This can mislead that there are plenty problem with the product.
In fact, Dji has been selling more than 100,000 units and if you count number of problem in all forum of the same product you will find that there are less than, let's say 1% of the product sold that has problem. Some issues here caused by misoperation, some from insuffucient explanation in the manuals. Some issues, espicially Dji Go 4 for Android, caused from running the App on Mobile phone that not in the list of tested device, so user will experience various issue like app crashing, video feed problem, wifi unstable etc.
I am not selling Dji products but I bought a lot. I love flying drones. I do DIYs using Naza-M, I have Phantom 3, 4, Mavic, Inspire 1, 2. They are all excellent though some firmware/app version might contain error but Dji correct them eventually.
Be happy with your Spark. Do not over expect for what it is not designed to do.
2017-7-6
Use props
BiPiotr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305413 ft
Poland

... fly more combo is in my opinion the only way how spark should be sold ...
2017-7-6
Use props
devanss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56811 ft
United States

I just had a fly away due to the Sparks GPS failure. I will keep you updated if they help me out or if they tell me to kick sand.
2017-7-6
Use props
Cravenfan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

For my first ever real sUAS/drone (that cost me more than $29 at Walmart) I've been happy as a clam with this.  For me, it's the following;  1)  It's portability is amazing, 2) the ability to launch from anywhere via the palm/hand launch (but get the remote, for sure), 3) Sport Mode is fun as heck, 4) video resolution to me is just fine at 1080, as I'm just an amateur video and photo guy, 5) 3 batteries is more than enough generally for me, which is about a 45 minute flying session.  Ya, I've crashed mine 4x and beyond the props collecting some paint from my gutter down spout, this thing has been bullet proof for me.  Ya, they need to fix some things in the next firmware update on the Quick Shots, but I agree, the haters are starting to dominate this forum unfortunately.  Fingers crossed that the, "flyaway" issues are user errors of some kind, but who knows.  When you get it, read the manual while the batteries charge, watch some YouTube videos of what to do and lurk on the positive posts.  Time to pull the trigger...it's worth the $750 for the Fly More Combo and an extra (3rd battery), IMO.
2017-7-7
Use props
mtnlandpix
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I can highly recommend the Spark Flymore Combo.  I have had my Spark for about 3 weeks and love it.  No problem connecting with my iPhone SE, or my iPad Mini 2.  I cannot vouch for connections to an Android device, as I have not tried this.  My Spark connects easily (using wi-fi), and seems to have good range.  (I have a commercial license and must fly line of sight.)  It is very easy to control with the controller supplied in the Flymore Combo.  In Sport mode, it is rocket, lots of fun.  I have a P4 also, but if I had it to do over again, I would just have 2 Sparks.  The photo resolution is only 12 megs on the Spark, and the video is not 4K, but for my uses, 12 megs on stills, and HD on video is sufficient.  It does not shoot in RAW, but again, if I shoot in RAW, I must spent time in post, and time is money.  
2017-7-7
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-7-7 05:17
For my first ever real sUAS/drone (that cost me more than $29 at Walmart) I've been happy as a clam with this.  For me, it's the following;  1)  It's portability is amazing, 2) the ability to launch from anywhere via the palm/hand launch (but get the remote, for sure), 3) Sport Mode is fun as heck, 4) video resolution to me is just fine at 1080, as I'm just an amateur video and photo guy, 5) 3 batteries is more than enough generally for me, which is about a 45 minute flying session.  Ya, I've crashed mine 4x and beyond the props collecting some paint from my gutter down spout, this thing has been bullet proof for me.  Ya, they need to fix some things in the next firmware update on the Quick Shots, but I agree, the haters are starting to dominate this forum unfortunately.  Fingers crossed that the, "flyaway" issues are user errors of some kind, but who knows.  When you get it, read the manual while the batteries charge, watch some YouTube videos of what to do and lurk on the positive posts.  Time to pull the trigger...it's worth the $750 for the Fly More Combo and an extra (3rd battery), IMO.

To clarify, the Fly More combo comes with only one battery so you get two total, not three. I know the Mavic Fly More combo comes with three total but the Spark's Fly More comes with two total. Not sure why DJI skimped on the extra battery on this particular fly more combo but -----

Spark Fly More = 2 total batteries
2017-7-7
Use props
Sparky Mike
lvl.3
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-7-7 05:17

I'd just like to echo the exact points in this eloquent post. Loving my Spark - my first REAL drone.
2017-7-7
Use props
Cravenfan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-7-7 07:29
To clarify, the Fly More combo comes with only one battery so you get two total, not three. I know the Mavic Fly More combo comes with three total but the Spark's Fly More comes with two total. Not sure why DJI skimped on the extra battery on this particular fly more combo but -----

Spark Fly More = 2 total batteries

Yup, that's why I said $750, $700 for Fly More Combo, another $49 for the 3rd battery...
2017-7-7
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh... 4 for me.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans14635354
lvl.1
United States

Boah99 Posted at 2017-7-6 21:10
If you are in the US you can get State Farm insurance for $60 a year with zero deductible  that covers the drone in full including fly away. Well worth the peace of mind.

This insurance is not available in California - Just FYI
2017-7-7
Use props
RCKable
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

I didnt mention it in my OP but I would be using an iPhone 7 plus but surely want to do a wired connection as I mentioned.  I would only go with the Flow More combo, I see no reason in just buying the Drone without extra battery/controller/blade guards.  You save around $150 by buying the combo instead of piecing it together.  I would order the OTG adapter and extra battery so i had 3.
Thank you to each of you for the reassurance and calming my fears.
Boah99 I will be calling state farm once i get my spark.  Nothing like a little reassurance its going to be okay.
fansa7dc5944 - Im sorry I seemed to have implied that only on this Forum was there talking about Fly offs, but that is not true I have seen posts in others as well (but yes a small percentage compared to not)
Cravenfan - I do believe its time to pull that trigger...and today was payday

2017-7-7
Use props
Wordzero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148209 ft
United States

Just to throw my two cents in, I've had nothing but good experiences with the Spark. I will say that while using your phone as a controller works, it's less than ideal. The physical RC is a must.  It's been a way more positive experience than my P3S. I've had countless issues with that drone.
2017-7-7
Use props
quint7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let me say this quickly. I have had two DJI drones with hundreds of flights (including the spark.) Yes, those things can occur, but it's a very very small percentage. Just be smart. And follow the instructions. Fly only with fully charged batteries. Follow the 1/3 1/3 1/3 rule like in scuba diving with your drone battery. 1/3 to get there. 1/3 to get back, 1/3 for safety. Pay attention to calibration. DOn't fly near weird metal things. And you'll be OK. I was the SAME as you. Freaked out about flyaways. But it's turned out OK.
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules