Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
3km flight from home to the in-laws
1658 27 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

Before you all start jumping to conclusions, this flight took weeks of planning and waiting for the right conditions and getting the right consents in place. Flown from our house to the in-laws across the  water with a friend at the halfway point to remain VLOS. Im lucky where i stay, 21.07km from airport not an MBZ,CTA,CTZ,LFZ AND i am a recreational pilot and i carry my own airband Transeiver.
Will definitely be doing another one elsewhere on the coast as soon as i find the right spot.......Enjoy and happy flying everybody .

2017-7-6
Use props
TroutboyNZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice clip, were pretty lucky here in NZ alright. Looks like you'll need to dial in -2 on your gimbal roll adjustment to level the horizon.
2017-7-7
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Just a thought, can you do the same flight to your in-law from home, land it there (in-laws place) kill the motor then re-start from your home and fly back?
Is that possible? Nice video by the way and the view is killer...thanks.
2017-7-7
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Why didn't you calibrate the gimbal while "planning and waiting" to get the horizon level?
2017-7-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice clip...and yes you're very fortunate to live in such a beautiful area.
2017-7-7
Use props
DhiAn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3343 ft
United States

Beautiful location and colorful as well.  Interested to know if you used one of the predefined mode/style or custom post-processed.
2017-7-7
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

"with a friend at the halfway point to remain VLOS"  LOL
This is meant for the pilot and not just anybody.. :-)  Just cos Joe Blogs can see it, does not mean it conforms with VLOS directive.
Even the pilot needs be using his naked vision (without visual aids) to see the drone for VLOS.
Personally though, you sound like you thought about it, planned it and completed it as safely as possible without actually flying along side it.  I fear most drone laws are draconian.  We are still in the red flag age of the drones.  Where most people will only be happy if there is a man running in front of our drones with a red flag to warn people of it's dangers!
Fly safe and enjoy.  Thanks for sharing.
2017-7-7
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

So beautiful! This did not help my obsession with New Zealand! Thanks for sharing!
2017-7-7
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Nice!  Visiting New Zealand is on my must-do list.  Do you happen do know what foreign drone pilots need to do to bring along a drone and fly?
2017-7-7
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

What a great place to live, awesome vid.
2017-7-7
Use props
ohnavyvet
New
United States

What a beautiful place you live. Enjoyed taking in the landscape. Great flight and thanks for sharing.
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-7-7 05:55
This is meant for the pilot and not just anybody.. :-)  Just cos Joe Blogs can see it, does not mean it conforms with VLOS directive.
Even the pilot needs be using his naked vision (without visual aids) to see the drone for VLOS.

The friend wasnt a joe blog he was a UAV instructor/certifier
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

DhiAn Posted at 2017-7-7 04:56
Beautiful location and colorful as well.  Interested to know if you used one of the predefined mode/style or custom post-processed.

I always shoot in Dlog then i use a LUT to save me some time
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-7 03:30
Why didn't you calibrate the gimbal while "planning and waiting" to get the horizon level?

I didnt actually notice that until editing but my primary goal was not so much the footage but the journey there and back that was my primary concern. Did everything i could to conserve energy, even shot in 1080 not that it made much difference with battery consumption but still safety first.
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-7-7 03:23
Just a thought, can you do the same flight to your in-law from home, land it there (in-laws place) kill the motor then re-start from your home and fly back?
Is that possible? Nice video by the way and the view is killer...thanks.

Not sure, did think about landing at the park but would need someone there to watch it land then take off again BUT not sure id want to try anyway lol
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-7-7 00:36
Nice clip, were pretty lucky here in NZ alright. Looks like you'll need to dial in -2 on your gimbal roll adjustment to level the horizon.

Yea didnt spot that until editing lol
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

ohnavyvet Posted at 2017-7-7 09:03
What a beautiful place you live. Enjoyed taking in the landscape. Great flight and thanks for sharing.

Thanks glad you enjoyed it
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-7-7 06:28
Nice!  Visiting New Zealand is on my must-do list.  Do you happen do know what foreign drone pilots need to do to bring along a drone and fly?

Then visit you must. Just bring your common sense buddy, follow local council by lawys and youll be fine.
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-7-7 05:55

But you are right about the laws although i can understand why, ive seen some stupid flying here in NZ and it really angers me, some of them are friends as well gggrrr
2017-7-7
Use props
Mr. C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 582431 ft
  • >>>
United States

33 Days, 19hrs and 26min til I land in Auckland with my wife and kids.  Looking forward to standing on New Zealand soil.  Nicely done video and props to your spirit mate.   
2017-7-7
Use props
Battleicious
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25092 ft
United States

Thats super cool, I have only flow out around 4000 feet myself, so a little over 1.2km. It was farm land so absolutely no interference.f course I forgot my sd card after the hour drive!
2017-7-7
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

Mr. C Posted at 2017-7-7 14:48
33 Days, 19hrs and 26min til I land in Auckland with my wife and kids.  Looking forward to standing on New Zealand soil.  Nicely done video and props to your spirit mate.

Will you be visiting Northland? Whangarei?
2017-7-7
Use props
SRO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

it's a dream this location. Thank you for sharing.
2017-7-8
Use props
SRO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Nice fly in a beauiful location. Thank you for sharing.
2017-7-10
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-7 03:30

Not sure if i replied to your message but at the time of the flight i took off from an unlevel ground which is probably why the horizon is off a little and my concern wasnt too much about filming but the actual flight
2017-7-10
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I flew almost two miles to a friends house.
2017-7-11
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
New Zealand

HWCM Posted at 2017-7-11 21:35
I flew almost two miles to a friends house.
https://youtu.be/nQ9gA0Fw5Y0

Awesome, id be very careful of flying over peoples homes though, other than that i love it.
2017-7-26
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing video and views.  Thanks for sharing.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules