Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vps and gimbal calibration before imu calibration, or otherwise?
708 10 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

What is the correct order?
2017-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My usual procedure is

1) VPS Sensor calibration after updating using Assistant 2, because all is already connected up.

2) IMU (On a level surface, new procedure is more involved, I would hope giving more accurate result).

3) Gimbal (I believe this is dependant on having good IMU calibration).

4) Compass (In an open area away from ferrous object and electric fields (power lines etc)). I usually do compass after firmware update, and then that should be it unless system advises otherwise.

5) RC Sticks and left hand wheel (Aircraft needs to be off).
2017-7-7
Use props
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-7 02:44
My usual procedure is

1) VPS Sensor calibration after updating using Assistant 2, because all is already connected up.

Thanks a lot for your comment mate.

Have you noticed the aircraft is unstable in the air after the update?

Is it also the same with your p4 that  pressing the rth button with left stick down to the right won't stop the motors after this firmware update?

?
2017-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2017-7-7 03:32
Thanks a lot for your comment mate.

Have you noticed the aircraft is unstable in the air after the update?

I've not had a chance to fully test out yet, but a low level hover about yesterday for a good ten minutes or so looked to be very stable. That was in about a 10 mph breeze.

The motor stop in flight can be enabled/disable in DJI Go 4 (or at least that's what the App' says) so that the motors can/cannot be stopped in flight. I will take their word on that one, I do not intend taking any risks to aircraft by proving it. Although I'm sure a simple safe test could be set up.
2017-7-7
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-7 03:50
I've not had a chance to fully test out yet, but a low level hover about yesterday for a good ten minutes or so looked to be very stable. That was in about a 10 mph breeze.

The motor stop in flight can be enabled/disable in DJI Go 4 (or at least that's what the App' says) so that the motors can/cannot be stopped in flight. I will take their word on that one, I do not intend taking any risks to aircraft by proving it. Although I'm sure a simple safe test could be set up.

For the motor stop, it says "sticks right and RTH", not left stick down+right + RTH.

Has it changed again?  Do you need both sticks right + RTH?

I've turned it off, but now I'm not sure if disabled in flight means it doesn't work on the ground either?  If the aircraft lands upside down you might need it...
2017-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-7 04:12
For the motor stop, it says "sticks right and RTH", not left stick down+right + RTH.

Has it changed again?  Do you need both sticks right + RTH?

I've tested it in flight simulator and with motor shut off enable it is RTH + Stick down to right (as it always has been) to shut off motors in flight. With motor shut off disabled then the motors cannot be shut off in the flight Sim. I suspects the 'Sticks' right could be a typo (Is that in new manual ?).

On ground with motor shut down when in flight disabled then the motors still shut down using RTH+Left stick down to right. And when aircraft is inverted the motors stop themselves without any stick input.
2017-7-7
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-7 05:21
I've tested it in flight simulator and with motor shut off enable it is RTH + Stick down to right (as it always has been) to shut off motors in flight. With motor shut off disabled then the motors cannot be shut off in the flight Sim. I suspects the 'Sticks' right could be a typo (Is that in new manual ?).

On ground with motor shut down when in flight disabled then the motors still shut down using RTH+Left stick down to right. And when aircraft is inverted the motors stop themselves without any stick input.

Thanks, that sounds good.

I couldn't test it in the flight sim (in DJI Assistant 2) because it simulated being in China @ DJI headquarters and wouldn't let me take off without entering a Mainland China phone number.  Living in the UK I don't have a China phone number!

I don't know if there is a way around that, I gave up and moved on...

I read the "sticks right + RTH" in the warning message when I changed the setting, haven't seen a new manual.
2017-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-7 05:41
Thanks, that sounds good.

I couldn't test it in the flight sim (in DJI Assistant 2) because it simulated being in China @ DJI headquarters and wouldn't let me take off without entering a Mainland China phone number.  Living in the UK I don't have a China phone number!

Ahhhhh, the one that pops up on screen when you initialise, I vaguely remember that. That's one for DJI to sort out in future update.

Maybe the China  thing is a subliminal message .......'China Syndrome'
2017-7-7
Use props
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-7 03:50

What can I try to do, if the drone is erratic in the air? It feels like it has an aggressive behavior in order to stay put.
Dp you have any suggestions? Before the update the drone wasn't like that..
Thank you for your advices.

2017-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2017-7-7 07:15
What can I try to do, if the drone is erratic in the air? It feels like it has an aggressive behavior in order to stay put.
Dp you have any suggestions? Before the update the drone wasn't like that..
Thank you for your advices.

Check all your settings first in DJI Go 4, ensure that VPS is switched on ('Visual Navigation Settings'/'Advanced Settings'), make sure that RC is in P-Mode, you could try it with Object Avoidance switched off (it may be influencing the position).

If none of these help then try all the calibrations listed above.
2017-7-7
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-7 06:07
Ahhhhh, the one that pops up on screen when you initialise, I vaguely remember that. That's one for DJI to sort out in future update.

Maybe the China  thing is a subliminal message .......'China Syndrome'

Having actually flown with the updates I went back to the simulator and flew around the DJI factory no problem, tried using it to test Terrain Follow mode but the DJI factory seems to be totally flat - must have had an earthquake?

I found the simulators smoke trail mode, not seen that before, great for drawing neat little circles over the DJI factory in Home Lock mode.

I note that when you press RTH it says aircraft is within 20m of home, the aircraft will return home and land - excellent I thought, it will return home before landing, so I slid the slider and it just landed where it was!

Where do we report the bugs, or incorrect messages?
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules