Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile new - Gimbal makes strange movements
1956 13 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricardv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 984557 ft
Spain

I have a Osmo Mobile a few weeks ago. After opening the package when it arrived, and checking that everything worked, I did not reuse it until a couple of weeks later due to particular reasons.

A few days ago I went out to make the first recording. It worked correctly for a few minutes. Then the gimbal began to make strange and sudden movements, and tremors. I decided to turn it off to do no harm the Osmo and the phone.

Since then, it has not worked again: when I start it, the gimbal makes a strong rotating movement and then it stays inert.

If I make 2 clicks on the tracker, the gimbal makes the same movement.

The joystick does not turn the gimbal.

Of course, I tested with/without the phone on its site. And with /without the app DJI Go running. And with the battery fully charged. And I have also tried removing the battery for hours to eliminate any internal charge.

I have also tried to calibrate with the 2 available options in the app (horizon and auto), without any success. It remains "thinking" until it says that it could not be calibrated.

I have also tried to remove all the options from the app to return to the factory settings. And when the app restarts it says "unlock the gimbal to continue". But the "continue" button stays gray no matter how much I move the gimbal or joystick, or restart ... Nothing, it does not respond.

The LED is flashing green (gimbal error).
The blue LED is on (bluetooth ok)

There exists some kind of communication between DJI Go and the Osmo because the zoom works, for example.

I must say that I know the app pretty well because I've had 2 Phantoms. I'm not a newbie with this kind of things.

I can upload a video, but really... in summary is always about this: reboot > gimbal makes a strong rotating movement > everything remains inactive

Any ideas? Any help, please.

2017-7-7
Use props
ricardv
lvl.1
Spain

- No firmware warnings from the app
- I've installed the two last versions of DJI Go app  : before and after P4
2017-7-7
Use props
ricardv
lvl.1
Spain

ah... and this is my second Osmo mMobile. The first was simply dead. I bought it in eGlobal. They replaced it without any problem. But this was on 2017-04-20. Today is 2017-07-07, so... 2 month and a half waiting to work with it, and now I supose  I'll have to wait 2 more months. :-\
2017-7-7
Use props
Knight Mobile
New

United States

It happens to me too.  seem no one can help on this issue.
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the late response, we may still need the video for analysis. Besides, have you changed other mobile device to have a try?
2017-7-11
Use props
ricardv
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 01:59
I'm sorry for the late response, we may still need the video for analysis. Besides, have you changed other mobile device to have a try?

here you are (with different tests) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbsibwvy5hc2lha/Gimbal%20does%20not%20respond%20as%20expected.mp4?dl=0
2017-7-15
Use props
ricardv
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 01:59

> have you changed other mobile device to have a try?

Do you mean if I charge the Osmo with the a charger tested with other devices?
If you mean this, then my answer is YES. If have 3 chargers on my table that I use daily to cahrger my phone, my tablet and my cam. Two of them from Apple: 12W-2.4mAh and 10W-2.1mAh. And a thirth charger of 0,5mAh that I used for the Osmo because I did not dare to use the most powerful ones.

Now I will charge the Osmo again with a new cable and a new charger and I'll tell you later what happened.
2017-7-15
Use props
fans12d55cfd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519734 ft
Thailand

ricardv Posted at 2017-7-15 06:07
here you are (with different tests) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbsibwvy5hc2lha/Gimbal%20does%20not%20respond%20as%20expected.mp4?dl=0

Did you balance a gimbal before?
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ricardv Posted at 2017-7-15 06:21
> have you changed other mobile device to have a try?

Do you mean if I charge the Osmo with the a charger tested with other devices?

Thank you for your updating. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product.
Please don't mount any mobile phone shell and make sure the gimbal is balanced before powering on.
If the gimbal is still dead after trying another mobile device.  I'm afraid this Osmo Mobile will still need to be sent in for repair.
2017-7-18
Use props
ricardv
lvl.1
Spain

fans12d55cfd Posted at 2017-7-16 19:36
Did you balance a gimbal before?

yes, I was able to work well with it for a few minutes until it started doing weird things
2017-7-18
Use props
ricardv
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-18 01:27
Thank you for your updating. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product.
Please don't mount any mobile phone shell and make sure the gimbal is balanced before powering on.
If the gimbal is still dead after trying another mobile device.  I'm afraid this Osmo Mobile will still need to be sent in for repair.

I tried to boot the Osmo with phone and with no phone, and also covering the proximity sensor.

It is absolutely new. So, what should be the procedure?
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ricardv Posted at 2017-7-18 04:09
I tried to boot the Osmo with phone and with no phone, and also covering the proximity sensor.

It is absolutely new. So, what should be the procedure?

Please contact our support for a replacement if it's within 15 calendar days after receiving. They will guide to create a ticket and send it in. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-18
Use props
ricardv
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-18 21:26
Please contact our support for a replacement if it's within 15 calendar days after receiving. They will guide to create a ticket and send it in. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support

Ok, after 12 days from my first qüestion, the final answer is: go to the support website. Splendid. Everything good that I thought about DJI is coming down.

- - -

There is no information for the Osmo Mobile on the Osmo page. Only for Osmo and Osmo+
I've wrote to support department by email.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ricardv Posted at 2017-7-19 04:45
Ok, after 12 days from my first qüestion, the final answer is: go to the support website. Splendid. Everything good that I thought about DJI is coming down.

- - -

You have our sincere apologize for the unfortunate experience, our support will help to create a ticket and guide you send in, repair team will get it addressed.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules