2970 16 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a total of four batteries for my Phantom 4. All worked normally until recently, when one of them suddenly won't work. I get a "Battery Error"
Go App says "Cannot take off - Battery Error" when I tap the Error it says "Battery Authentication Failure" This happened out of the blue with a previously working battery. Any one have some idea how to fix this?

2017-7-7
Use props
fans3d3ab622
New
Flight distance : 11312 ft
Canada

I have the exact same issue. I've heard some people have had success downgrading firmware using DJI Assistant 2 but I don't get an option to downgrade. DJI support has been NO HELP. So frustrating that a firmware upgrade caused a perfectly good battery to stop working.
2017-7-7
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans3d3ab622 Posted at 2017-7-7 15:04
I have the exact same issue. I've heard some people have had success downgrading firmware using DJI Assistant 2 but I don't get an option to downgrade. DJI support has been NO HELP. So frustrating that a firmware upgrade caused a perfectly good battery to stop working.

Especially at $160 each, the battery itself is perfectly good but useless if the drone refuses to fly with it.
2017-7-10
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

I have the same problem after the latest update, no option to downgrade and now my battery is a brick.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Had the same problem. Sent it back to DJI for replacement/repair they said they've sent a replacement, which has now been loss by UPS., and both are telling me it's the others fault so DJI want nothing to do with it.  Thank you DJI{:4_157:}
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans52cfa4bf Posted at 2017-7-10 01:25
Had the same problem. Sent it back to DJI for replacement/repair they said they've sent a replacement, which has now been loss by UPS., and both are telling me it's the others fault so DJI want nothing to do with it.  Thank you DJI{:4_157:}

Sorry for this, could you please provide us your case number so we can look into it?
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You may need to send the battery in for diagnosis. Could you please send an email to support.us@dji.com to open a case?
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-10 01:13
I have the same problem after the latest update, no option to downgrade and now my battery is a brick.

Sorry to hear that , please send an email about this to support.nl@dji.com to open a case , then send the battery in for diagnosis.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans3d3ab622 Posted at 2017-7-7 15:04

I would recommend you send the battery in for diagnosis, please send an email about this to support.us@dji.com, we'll create a case for you.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-10 02:20
Sorry for this, could you please provide us your case number so we can look into it?

Thanks Diana,
After going backwards  and forwards a few times you get worn down. But here we go again CAS-680443-G1x7Z4. Tracker No.1ZR54Y13DK63606925.
Many thanks for your help I hope you can get someone to take ownership of this issue.   
2017-7-10
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-10 02:26
You may need to send the battery in for diagnosis. Could you please send an email to  to open a case?

Been there done that.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-10 02:33
I would recommend you send the battery in for diagnosis, please send an email about this to , we'll create a case for you.

As previously stated I've already sent the faulty battery back.  
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans52cfa4bf Posted at 2017-7-10 02:44
Thanks Diana,
After going backwards  and forwards a few times you get worn down. But here we go again CAS-680443-G1x7Z4. Tracker No.1ZR54Y13DK63606925.
Many thanks for your help I hope you can get someone to take ownership of this issue.

Just checked this case,  we've sent it to the correct address, here is the details below. Anyway, I'll inform the local repair center to look into this , see if there is anything we can do for you. Tracking.png
2017-7-10
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I personally have sold my Phantom. I was hoping to get the battery issue addressed before I sold it, and include it with the sale, but I had to sell it without that particular battery included. Now its trash... Bought a mavic and now I'm off to report its lovely (sarcastic) flight behavior.   : (
2017-7-18
Use props
fans00ecd4e8
New
Flight distance : 4291 ft
Guyana

Phan-TOM Posted at 2017-7-18 12:21
I personally have sold my Phantom. I was hoping to get the battery issue addressed before I sold it, and include it with the sale, but I had to sell it without that particular battery included. Now its trash... Bought a mavic and now I'm off to report its lovely (sarcastic) flight behavior.   : (

I have the battery problem with my Mavic Pro...all 6 batteries have the same problem. No help from DJI yet.
2017-12-21
Use props
fansc662b034
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-10 02:33
I would recommend you send the battery in for diagnosis, please send an email about this to , we'll create a case for you.

I got a battery authentication failed A P4 remote that only charges half way a damn near new battery that won’t charge and the other batteries says That Authentication failed I bought the P4 When it first came out cash full price ant the battery not cheap I want to use my Drone (p4 ) for like a week or two tops and put it up for storage for the winter And just now got it out and I want to fly my Dron and it’s not letting me fly my drone that I paid for full price All happen because of your update and ... when It worked perfectly fine for me before the update...!
2019-6-15
Use props
dtal311
New

United States

testing to see if I can post sorry
2019-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules