Goggles + Mavic. Total frustration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just came back from a shoot that took a couple hours to get to. It's about the 40th time I've flown the mavic, mostly problem free. I love the mavic itself.

However, it's been frustrating since I received the Goggles. Is this POS broken or something? After this experience I wanted to run the goggles over with my car.
Problems I encountered just on this flight:

- Recording in 4k, head tracking off: Goggles disconnected from aircraft multiple times (no interference, full bars)
- After every disconnect, the 4k recording stops and sets video to 1080p 60fps.. automatically.. every time. This is infuriating.
- Finally gave up and turned off the goggles, flew with phone+controller
- After setting it back to 4k recording. I stopped it to take a photo, it then reset itself back to 1080p without any user input. I didn't realize this until I came home, but this ruined the next 45 minutes of footage which I'm furious about.
- After the goggles had disconnected, it reset my photo settings and dumped raw, it simply took pictures in jpg after.. which look terrible.. and all the pictures are practically useless as well. This made my blood boil when I found out after getting home.

Is anyone else getting these issues or should I return this thing?
2017-7-7
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

How far out were you and was anything between you and Mavic when the goggles disconnected?  (The phone did not disconnect, right?). This sounds like a problem with the goggles. I have never had mine disconnect except with interference or something blocking me.
2017-7-7
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was roughly 1mile away, but both the phone and goggles displayed full bars with no interference
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules