Shipping issues ???
12Next >
2987 51 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wannafly123
New
United States

Anyone ordered Mavic directly from dji site? IF so,  how long did it take to ship. I've read some post where people orders have just sat there. ..
2017-7-7
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

When I was ordering my mavic, I asked when it would get here on the forums too, and I heard answers from 3-5 business days to a couple of weeks! I personally think that is absurd, so I bought mine from amazon with amazon prime 1 day shipping since I am very impatient! I know I was very excited when I got mine and I flew it within 2 hours of getting it (I had to wait for the battery and RC to charge)! But yea, if you haven't already ordered it, I would go with amazon, or bhphoto or a different place where you can choose fast shipping standard, etc. because then you know for sure when you will get it, instead of beind left in the dark when buying it from DJI
2017-7-7
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got mine through Amazon. Amazon seems to have the best customer service and more importantly, return policy in case something isn't right.
2017-7-7
Use props
Darko.paluncic
New
United States

Honestly, I was astonished how quickly Mavic arrived. Reading all over and lots of different experiences, I have decided to have it ordered directly from DJI and believe me, it worked like a charm.
Wish there was more updates on those 3-day shipping, but still it all went unbelievable smooth.
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

If you have placed an order from DJI directly, please PM  me your order number so I can help you check the status, thanks.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans97ea9d4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397 ft
United States

I ordered on the 14th of June. Mavic fly more, sd card, prop guards, ND filters and Goggles. I don't want to bad talk DJI but I'm being honest saying they are great at giving you the run around. Not only do i not have a shipping date, but I've been promised multiple times they will split my order and send the mavic and to wait for the email. It gets old after 2 weeks of empty promises. So i sit and check google for any news on shipping delays. Its a sad joke really. If you can find it in person go for it. Save yourself my headache.
2017-7-8
Use props
wannafly123
New
United States

fans97ea9d4c Posted at 2017-7-8 07:01
I ordered on the 14th of June. Mavic fly more, sd card, prop guards, ND filters and Goggles. I don't want to bad talk DJI but I'm being honest saying they are great at giving you the run around. Not only do i not have a shipping date, but I've been promised multiple times they will split my order and send the mavic and to wait for the email. It gets old after 2 weeks of empty promises. So i sit and check google for any news on shipping delays. Its a sad joke really. If you can find it in person go for it. Save yourself my headache.

Too late.... I ordered already and like you say,  they just keep giving me the run around. Like I said,  I don't mind waiting but at least give a shipping date.  Shipping status sitting on pending is killing me
2017-7-8
Use props
Kenesis
lvl.1
United States

wannafly123 Posted at 2017-7-8 09:03
Too late.... I ordered already and like you say,  they just keep giving me the run around. Like I said,  I don't mind waiting but at least give a shipping date.  Shipping status sitting on pending is killing me

Careful when speaking with customer service. You have to be very specific. The first thing that they got me on was when i asked after 1 week why hadn't the mavic shipped when website says 3-5 days shipping after confirmed purchase. I contacted CS and they explained the goggles would take a long time to ship. I then asked could they separate the order and send me the in stock items. They gave me the email and tracking after a day or so. I waited patiently until a package finally arrived.... it was the free sleeve holder and nothing else. You would think i was upset? 3 weeks later I'm grateful they sent me ANYTHING at this point. I put my hand in the sleeve and fly it around my kids. My wife says i need to stop obsessing. For the 2k i spent i just want to know when my drone will finally ship. Ive given up on customer support. They have told me everything from its delayed to its been shipped but we cant contact our courier to give you the tracking #. On the bright side it seems a month is the average waiting time when there is a delay. At least that is what i keep telling myself. Good luck bro.
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans97ea9d4c Posted at 2017-7-8 07:01

I feel very sorry to read on this, and sympathize with your situation.
I am checking with sales team now with your order, will try our best to help you expedite the process so you can receive the package soon.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wannafly123 Posted at 2017-7-8 09:03

We totally understand how you feel, sorry for the inconvenience cause.
I replied your message, will update it to you once I get the confirmation, thanks.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kenesis@432hz Posted at 2017-7-8 09:30
Careful when speaking with customer service. You have to be very specific. The first thing that they got me on was when i asked after 1 week why hadn't the mavic shipped when website says 3-5 days shipping after confirmed purchase. I contacted CS and they explained the goggles would take a long time to ship. I then asked could they separate the order and send me the in stock items. They gave me the email and tracking after a day or so. I waited patiently until a package finally arrived.... it was the free sleeve holder and nothing else. You would think i was upset? 3 weeks later I'm grateful they sent me ANYTHING at this point. I put my hand in the sleeve and fly it around my kids. My wife says i need to stop obsessing. For the 2k i spent i just want to know when my drone will finally ship. Ive given up on customer support. They have told me everything from its delayed to its been shipped but we cant contact our courier to give you the tracking #. On the bright side it seems a month is the average waiting time when there is a delay. At least that is what i keep telling myself. Good luck bro.

We understand how frustrating it must be, deeply apologize for the trouble you've been caused. I replied your message as well, will try my best to help you on this case.
2017-7-10
Use props
Kenesis
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-10 02:15
We understand how frustrating it must be, deeply apologize for the trouble you've been caused. I replied your message as well, will try my best to help you on this case.

Is that right? Let me know how that works out for us.
2017-7-10
Use props
Kenesis
lvl.1
United States

Kenesis@432hz Posted at 2017-7-10 11:53
Is that right? Let me know how that works out for us.

I now have a FedEx Tracking #. I received an email from DJI and it shows that all of the items i purchased are part of this shipment. The shipment is coming out of Georgia to Ohio estimated arrival date is the 12th. It seems DJI contacted someone in Georgia to send all of the items. The original shipment for the free sleeve came all the way from Shenzhen China. Call me pessimistic but I'm worried now about getting some refurbished gear. I don't know if it was my old fried Jeffery from customer support (We go back weeks as pals) or being a squeaky wheel here on the forums but i thank whoever finally made things move. I will update this thread once everything arrives and I've had a chance to run a test flight or 2.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kenesis@432hz Posted at 2017-7-10 18:02
I now have a FedEx Tracking #. I received an email from DJI and it shows that all of the items i purchased are part of this shipment. The shipment is coming out of Georgia to Ohio estimated arrival date is the 12th. It seems DJI contacted someone in Georgia to send all of the items. The original shipment for the free sleeve came all the way from Shenzhen China. Call me pessimistic but I'm worried now about getting some refurbished gear. I don't know if it was my old fried Jeffery from customer support (We go back weeks as pals) or being a squeaky wheel here on the forums but i thank whoever finally made things move. I will update this thread once everything arrives and I've had a chance to run a test flight or 2.

Thanks for your update, hope you would receive the package soon and enjoy it.
Sorry again for any inconvenience caused in the process.
2017-7-11
Use props
awm212
New

United States

I ordered on the 3rd of July when it stated a 1 day ship time. After 6 days and no update on when it would ship after contacting the sales team I canceled the order. They need to be more accurate with their ship times if they are going to advertise something. In the end it worked out, I got one from amazon for prime day last night for an unheard of price.
2017-7-11
Use props
jmvohs
New
Flight distance : 16319 ft
United States

Ordered mavic directly from DJI on July 5th when their website indicated that shipping generally takes 1 business day.  Still hasn't shipped and when I inquired about the expected shipping date via email all I got was an automated response that indicated they would respond as soon as possible which has yet to happen.  Their honesty about expected shipping dates and their poor customer service doesn't instill much confidence in the company.
2017-7-11
Use props
creative_tyler
New
United States

#following

I too am waiting for an update for my shipping as well. I wanted to order directly from DJI for quality control, but I haven't received any updates. The site when I placed the order said ships within 1 business day. Support has been unable to provide me any information on the status as well.

2017-7-11
Use props
fansf2491250
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9859 ft
United States

I too ordered the mavic and goggles. I also ordered 2 batteries, CS told me it would be 10 to 15 days because I ordered the goggles and mavic together. I asked them to split the order and ship the mavic out with the 2 batteries I ordered. He told he I was get a tracking number today......well that didn't happen. Honestly I think it's dumb that they would hold the entire order because the goggles. I order from Amazon all the time, when a item is backed ordered they don't hold the item they have in stock until the back ordered item is in stock. You already paid for shipping so why hold the entire order waiting for 1 item.
2017-7-11
Use props
jmvohs
New
United States

jmvohs Posted at 2017-7-11 05:08
Ordered mavic directly from DJI on July 5th when their website indicated that shipping generally takes 1 business day.  Still hasn't shipped and when I inquired about the expected shipping date via email all I got was an automated response that indicated they would respond as soon as possible which has yet to happen.  Their honesty about expected shipping dates and their poor customer service doesn't instill much confidence in the company.

They finally changed my order to shipped but they did not provide me with any tracking info.  Hopefully it will show up in a few days.
2017-7-12
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're in the US, just go pick it up from a store like Best Buy/CostCo. They should have quite a few in stock, and you can just return them if any issues...
2017-7-12
Use props
creative_tyler
New
United States

@jmvohs - same here. My order was updated to shipped on the desktop order screen, but on mobile it shows as pending. In the DJI Store app it doesn't show in the shipped or pending column at all. Guessing it just will take some time to get the system updated, etc.

@chalde - valid point. I ordered directly from DJI because of the Fly More combo is not available in store at Best Buy, and I will be utilizing the drone for educational and non-profit usage. DJI offers a nominal discount for educational usage.
2017-7-12
Use props
sstrawsb
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-8 03:38
If you have placed an order from DJI directly, please PM  me your order number so I can help you check the status, thanks.

PM'd!

(extra words.....)
2017-7-12
Use props
sstrawsb
New
United States

Same situation here. Ive gotten the run around multiple times with support. I was even told I would receive an email about my case being escalated. Still nothing from them. Pretty frustrating to say the least.
2017-7-12
Use props
jmvohs
New
United States

jmvohs Posted at 2017-7-12 06:22
They finally changed my order to shipped but they did not provide me with any tracking info.  Hopefully it will show up in a few days.

They also just emailed me FedEx tracking no., so all is good.  

They could eliminate a lot of customer frustration if they just posted a realistic timeframe for shipment on their website.
2017-7-12
Use props
wannafly123
New
United States

Kenesis@432hz Posted at 2017-7-10 18:02

Get your equipment today?
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

awm212 Posted at 2017-7-11 04:10
I ordered on the 3rd of July when it stated a 1 day ship time. After 6 days and no update on when it would ship after contacting the sales team I canceled the order. They need to be more accurate with their ship times if they are going to advertise something. In the end it worked out, I got one from amazon for prime day last night for an unheard of price.

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We care much about your feedback, will learn from them and improve ourselves.
Glad to know you received one from Amazon, enjoy flying!
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jmvohs Posted at 2017-7-11 05:08

This situation has filled me with regret, apologize for any trouble caused to you.
Would you please let me know your ticket number or order number so I can check the status with sales team and help you get an update soon?
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

creative_tyler Posted at 2017-7-11 19:40
#following

I too am waiting for an update for my shipping as well. I wanted to order directly from DJI for quality control, but I haven't received any updates. The site when I placed the order said ships within 1 business day. Support has been unable to provide me any information on the status as well.

Would you please PM me your order number so I can help you check it with sales team?
Appreciate you patience and sorry for the delay.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansf2491250 Posted at 2017-7-11 20:09
I too ordered the mavic and goggles. I also ordered 2 batteries, CS told me it would be 10 to 15 days because I ordered the goggles and mavic together. I asked them to split the order and ship the mavic out with the 2 batteries I ordered. He told he I was get a tracking number today......well that didn't happen. Honestly I think it's dumb that they would hold the entire order because the goggles. I order from Amazon all the time, when a item is backed ordered they don't hold the item they have in stock until the back ordered item is in stock. You already paid for shipping so why hold the entire order waiting for 1 item.

Sorry to hear about your experience, please let me know your order number so I can help you check what happened.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I received your message and replied, please keep me posted.
Sorry for your unpleasant experience, I've reported it to support team, will keep improving.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jmvohs Posted at 2017-7-12 12:45
They also just emailed me FedEx tracking no., so all is good.  

They could eliminate a lot of customer frustration if they just posted a realistic timeframe for shipment on their website.

I am pleased to know it has been shipped out, hope you would receive it soon and enjoy flying!
I also forwarded your concern to the sales team, will keep improving to provide you more professional service!
Thank you very much for your patience and support, have a great day!
2017-7-12
Use props
fansf2491250
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 19:00
Sorry to hear about your experience, please let me know your order number so I can help you check what happened.

Sent you a PM with my information
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansf2491250 Posted at 2017-7-12 20:52
Sent you a PM with my information

I received your message, the Mavic is ready to ship.
For other parts, I have informed the sales team to take care of it for you, will try our best to help you get it soon.
2017-7-13
Use props
Wuping
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 04:24
I received your message, the Mavic is ready to ship.
For other parts, I have informed the sales team to take care of it for you, will try our best to help you get it soon.

Thanks a lot!
2017-7-13
Use props
Kenesis
lvl.1
United States

Update: I placed my order on 6-14-17. Mavic + Flymore combo, sd card, prop guards, ND filters, extra props, and goggles. Order shipped out on 7-10 and arrived yesterday 7-12. It was the goggles that held up the order in my opinion. I flew the mavic using the goggles. The experience is amazing. I would say the goggles were worth the wait. If only they would be upfront about the shipping times i would not have minded the wait or would have made separate orders. I understand the frustration many of you have if you are stuck in limbo. My advice is if you have not ordered yet be wise and buy in person from Bestbuy/costco and then find a nice package for accessories from Amazon. If you have ordered direct from theDJI site then its random when you will receive your items. To be fair when customer service realized it was approaching a month they kicked the order into high gear and arranged shipping from Georgia to Ohio instead of waiting any longer for the China route. A few added pieces of advice. Buy and activate DJI refresh within 48 hours of first flight no matter where you buy the drone from. I hit a branch and my mavic fell 5 feet to the ground. No damage this thing is well built but id smack myself if i didn't have DJI refresh just in case. Also, buy the goggles. You just got yourself a nice high quality drone with a very powerful camera. The goggles are just as impressive as the drone. It amplified the experience x10. I know most everyone reading this is waiting on some type of order so for the sake of dragging this out to help you spend just a few more moments not thinking about how long you may have to wait i will offer my first impression of my order. Man it felt like christmas. I didnt know what time it would arrive so around 10am i took a nap on my couch. I awoke to a knock... Santa is that u? It was indeed. The Fedex guy must have thought i was an idiot the way i was smiling and thanking him for doing his job. Once big box was in hand i played it cool. Strolled into my office like a champ and got down to business. I opened all the small boxes first. Took each item out and placed the empty boxes back in there original containers. You never know if one day you will resell so i didn't tear anything. Nice and neat. The fly more package was a wise purchase. The 4 way charger and the 2 extra batteries seem well worth it. I got 19min flight out of my first battery. Felt like 5 minutes. Times flys when... anyway. I fully charged 2 batteries and the controller. Be sure your controller and at least one battery are charged above 50% the first time you try to start up. The firmware updates (Which took about an hour in total) Require above %50 or you have to start all over. Also many of you may want to take it to a park right away but stay close to your house until you have put the drone in the air at least once for a few minutes. There was a NFZ update and a second Firmware update that stopped me once i thought i was ready to fly after the first update. The carrying case is a tight fit but i managed to fit everything in. One battery on each side of the case extra props and ND filters in the zippers. One could comfortably fit a 4th battery on top of the controller and leave the third battery on the mavic. I think in time i will get the 4th battery. Every moment i was airborne was bliss. I opened the goggles then the mavic. The goggles are interesting. You charge from the headband. Which fits nicely with the adjustment nob. It does leave a impression mark on my forehead but id like to think of it as a temporary warriors welt. More on the goggles in a moment. The Mavic is a work of art. Its high quality materials and lightweight considering what its capable of. Manuals... who needs manuals. I youtubed all my startup questions. How to link controller goggles and mavic. The DJI 4 app is pretty impressive. As a side note i couldn't understand why i could not see video on my phone and the goggles at the same time. Turns out the connecting cord that comes with the controller for your phone dosent always read your phone (iPhone 6 for me). So i grabbed my phones usb charger and fixed the issue. Thanks youtube. I inspected the mavic with a suspect eye. I had fears of it being refurbished but i couldn't find a fingerprint let alone a scratch. I think its legit but what do i know I'm ready to fly. I took everything out to the back yard and installed the prop guards. Got delayed by the NFZ and second firmware update but an hour later i was back in the back yard. That first buzz. Beginner mode is automatic on first flight. Up down left right. Wow it stops itself when a wall is in front of it. Forget this i felt like Tom Cruze in Top gun. Im ready to do this. I threw the kids in the car and headed to the park. You guys go play. Beginner mode still. How high can i go. How far can i go. Wow that view. There is a pause button on the controller that stops the drone in its tracks if you ever feel your out of control. Return to home was spot on. Regarding return to home. I learned from a youtube video while waiting that when you first launch take the drone above 30 feet before maneuvering around to get the most precise return. I don't have enough experience to know for sure but i intend to take the drone higher than the highest obstacle before maneuvering so that i can clear anything when returning to home. So after getting a feel for it. and boy does it feel good. I cautiously flew towards my kids. i stayed by the edge of the treeline just in case. All of a sudden a group of kids rush towards the drone. I hit reverse and knocked into a branch. It tried 3 times to recover but i lack the experience to assist so on the 4th buzz it crashed. just a few scratches. Prop guards and props intact. But I'm done with the risk taking around kids. "GET IN THE CAR". I had gone through 1.5 batteries. I fully charged everything waiting for wify to get off work. She got home and i told her i got some business to attend to ill be back. ZOOM. I rent a storage unit in a secure gate entry location. Lets just call it Base 2 Alpha Lima Bravo. From here what took place you won't understand until you have your drone. I was way up there. I was way out there. I found folks walking and figured out the zoom. I recorded video of everything from cars to the way off horizon. Whats really cool is the DJI app took snippets of my video and made a minute long trailer out of it. Anyway enough talking. Thats about as much as i can offer to help you pass the time until your drone shows up. I won't be back to this particular thread but have faith. It won't take more than a month. Enjoy the sky my friends. Its worth the wait.

P.S.
If you see me in the sky battling with an Eagle.
Don't help me help the Eagle.
2017-7-13
Use props
creative_tyler
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:58
Would you please PM me your order number so I can help you check it with sales team?
Appreciate you patience and sorry for the delay.

@DJI Natalia, everything has arrived safe and sound. Thank you!
2017-7-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

creative_tyler Posted at 2017-7-15 19:31
@DJI Natalia, everything has arrived safe and sound. Thank you!

That's great, thank for your update.
Hope you have great experience on flying!
2017-7-16
Use props
fans1bc81f59
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19488 ft
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-7-12 06:29
If you're in the US, just go pick it up from a store like Best Buy/CostCo. They should have quite a few in stock, and you can just return them if any issues...

Would be ok if I lived in Oregon where there is no sales tax! But in Texas at 8.25% tax, that is  $67!  That is an extra battery. I also ordered from DJI, and within 24 hours my order said Shipped (this morning).  No email yet on shipping.
Ralph
2017-8-1
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

I'm in Canada. Ordered a fly more combo and it took 3 business days to get it.  
2017-8-1
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1bc81f59 Posted at 2017-8-1 08:54
Would be ok if I lived in Oregon where there is no sales tax! But in Texas at 8.25% tax, that is  $67!  That is an extra battery. I also ordered from DJI, and within 24 hours my order said Shipped (this morning).  No email yet on shipping.
Ralph

I actually got charged an international fee the first time i ordered something from DJI, using my CC.

Since then, I've been using Paypal so they don't charge me.
2017-8-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules