Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WTF? Spark Goggles issue
1448 6 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoverGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my DJI Googles today and they are limiting my flight to only 97 feet high and 50 meters away. Could not figure out why until l reviewed the firmware. "For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance 50 when not logged into the DJI Go app".

Ok so I spent $500 for the Goggles, $700 for the spark and cant fly the damn thing 150 feet away from my home? WTF!  I see no way to be logged into the app and then use the goggles. As soon as the goggles are plugged in they take over and the app is disconnected.

Anyone know a way around this?  Pretty hot right now after spending this amount of money!
2017-7-7
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Umm... I have not received my Dji Goggles yet. But I think that the Goggles is equipped with HDMI input. You may try connect RC to Spark and iPhone to RC. Then use Apple Lightning to Digital Video cable connect your iPhone to Goggles HDMI port. You should be able to fly high and far.
2017-7-8
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In my case, I use Avegant Glyph video headset. I think Dji Goggles can do the same.
2017-7-8
Use props
lpeet01
Flight distance : 112070 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem and was able to resolve it by connecting the phone DJI GO 4 app first, then connecting the DJI Goggles. It seems when the Goggles are connected it disconnects the DJI GO 4 app but you get the full distance when done in that sequence.
2017-7-8
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

lpeet01 Posted at 2017-7-8 08:20
I had the same problem and was able to resolve it by connecting the phone DJI GO 4 app first, then connecting the DJI Goggles. It seems when the Goggles are connected it disconnects the DJI GO 4 app but you get the full distance when done in that sequence.

Thank you for your reply. I tried what you said and it worked fine for the past 6 flights.
2017-7-16
Use props
HessnerAndersen
lvl.1
Denmark

I have the Spark and the Dji Googles. I have connect it with the mini usb to the controller. But i only see 760p video quallity in the googles and when i try to take pictures and video with the drone connectet, nothing happend. I can´t controll video and pictures, nothing happend if i doit with the controller or inside the Googles ? Any idea or is the Googles not 100 % compatible.

2017-8-12
Use props
LotusFan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48783 ft
United States

That glitch about not being able to start/stop video or take pictures happened with the latest firmware release.   

Workaround is to start the video recording first, THEN plug in the goggles.   Can't wait for them to actually support the Goggles on the Spark!
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules