1798 12 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans22aa3cea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

Hello everyone,

As in subject, suddenly after the recent update, the app is not showing any map, just a grey rectangle. I have no problem seeing the map on my phone, though.

What can I do? Anyone had similar experience? I've already tried resetting all caches and settings with no luck.

The issue appears on an iPad Air 2, while there's no problem at all on an iPhone 6s.
2017-7-8
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

On your cell phone the maps are unloaded through your cell service, or if you are close to a wifi. If your tables does not have cell service, you might trying to upload the maps while connected to wifi and they might become visible during flight
2017-7-8
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey fans- I've got the exact problem... iPad Air 2.
2017-7-8
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey fans- I've got the exact problem... iPad Air 2. I've been flying my inspire for over two years and haven't had this issue.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans22aa3cea
lvl.4
Italy

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-8 01:55
On your cell phone the maps are unloaded through your cell service, or if you are close to a wifi. If your tables does not have cell service, you might trying to upload the maps while connected to wifi and they might become visible during flight

You didn't get it, sorry I was probably not clear. It's not that. The map only load a grey rectangle. That doesn't happen with my iPhone, and it happens with my iPad Air 2, whether it's on wifi of even when tethered to the very same mentioned iPhone. It's a problem with the app, evidently, but it all came of a sudden after the last update. I was wondering if someone had the issue and maybe found a trick to get it unstuck

btw, just got a new update and the problem's still there :-/
2017-7-9
Use props
fans22aa3cea
lvl.4
Italy

I ended up removing and then reinstalling the app. That did the trick. I also managed to retain all my flight logs, as I previously did a full sync.
2017-7-9
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans22aa3cea Posted at 2017-7-9 11:13
You didn't get it, sorry I was probably not clear. It's not that. The map only load a grey rectangle. That doesn't happen with my iPhone, and it happens with my iPad Air 2, whether it's on wifi of even when tethered to the very same mentioned iPhone. It's a problem with the app, evidently, but it all came of a sudden after the last update. I was wondering if someone had the issue and maybe found a trick to get it unstuck

btw, just got a new update and the problem's still there :-/

For some reason DJI dropped the google map from the GO app.. However, the Litchi app has the google map .
2017-7-11
Use props
UnDead Rec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1096677 ft
United States

I believe I am having the same issue. If I reinstall the app all ok. If I close the app. Whopsie no more map or tracking, although the compass still points correct with P3P orientation. I have done this about 5 times. P3P from iPad mini 3. GS Pro always hasn map..flew test mission, all ok.
iPhone 6 also always has map. I had Kittyhawk.io installed and removed it. Will see when I go try to fly in the afternoon if it fixes the problem.
All background refresh and multitasking are off but Kittyhawk.io just changed a lot of their coden recently to 'work with DJI go'. Might be coincidence.  
IMG_0052.PNG
IMG_0051.PNG
2017-7-11
Use props
fans22aa3cea
lvl.4
Italy

UnDead Rec Posted at 2017-7-11 02:30
I believe I am having the same issue. If I reinstall the app all ok. If I close the app. Whopsie no more map or tracking, although the compass still points correct with P3P orientation. I have done this about 5 times. P3P from iPad mini 3. GS Pro always hasn map..flew test mission, all ok.
iPhone 6 also always has map. I had Kittyhawk.io installed and removed it. Will see when I go try to fly in the afternoon if it fixes the problem.
All background refresh and multitasking are off but Kittyhawk.io just changed a lot of their coden recently to 'work with DJI go'. Might be coincidence.

You're right... I just checked it, and the only map I can see is the one I cached right after reinstalling the app.... this is widely annoying...  How are we supposed to Check the position on the map before taking off when we can't see any map at all?
2017-7-11
Use props
fans22aa3cea
lvl.4
Italy

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-11 01:41
For some reason DJI dropped the google map from the GO app.. However, the Litchi app has the google map .

Wow, this is new to me. Is there any release note detailing about this change?
2017-7-11
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans22aa3cea Posted at 2017-7-11 23:37
Wow, this is new to me. Is there any release note detailing about this change?

I doubt DJI supplied release notes detailing why they dropped the best map available from their app. They replaced it with 'here' map  
2017-7-12
Use props
fans22aa3cea
lvl.4
Italy

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-12 01:47
I doubt DJI supplied release notes detailing why they dropped the best map available from their app. They replaced it with 'here' map

Sure don't care why they did it, but I tried to look for this info and I didn't find it. That's why I asked if it was well-known and officially stated by DJI, or you just happen to noticed, that's all

P.S.: I reinstalled the app again, and this time it seems to be finally back working smoothly.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans83467363
lvl.2
Flight distance : 463812 ft
Canada

Exact same problem as fans22 here I'm running same devices and same grey map box ... getting tired of reinstalling go app maybe it's time to try litchi
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules