Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
118360 1921 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd5d9b47b
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

I had the same problem till I checked my default settings.  Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude.

On occasion I have had to remove and reformat SD Card , then do a reformat on board. Andy
2017-7-11
Use props
fans90b2bb2d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

So I tried changing the gain constants for yaw, pitch, and roll to 0.8. I wondered if that would help.  See for yourself:

https://youtu.be/Ty5oxYVqDsk
2017-7-11
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

fans90b2bb2d Posted at 2017-7-11 15:01
So I tried changing the gain constants for yaw, pitch, and roll to 0.8. I wondered if that would help.  See for yourself:

https://youtu.be/Ty5oxYVqDsk

Wow, that's way worse than mine, Can you upload the log file for DJI? Lot's people grumbling but very few log files posted so far. As soon as I can get to my drone, I'll upload mine.
2017-7-11
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

MIne flys fine. Sometimes I wonder about the forum
2017-7-11
Use props
fans90b2bb2d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

I will get mine with a synced up video to help them. I'll try doing that within the next few days. I did so much flying around and playing with that video that the log might not help them.
2017-7-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Vincent D Posted at 2017-7-11 17:35
MIne flys fine. Sometimes I wonder about the forum

Vincent, comments like that don't help others, other than people knowing that your update 'took' OK. Which is good to hear, btw.

The reality is that there are numerous variables which could affect the update process (order of update, the person, PC used, internet performance during download, etc), and a number of issues which could arise during subsequent re-configuration (again due to the person or the environment). Add that to the fact that manufacture of the craft may not be to identical levels of quality - and I think we all know that.
I can assure you that I know what I'm doing, yet my P4 has the 'jerk' reported here also. Perhaps not to the level some say, but nevertheless. I'm awaiting the outcome of DJI's analysis also.
2017-7-11
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

What is going to help is everybody on this thread should post a flight log here so Nathalia can forward for further analysis. Is just not right I can't use my bird
At least , DJI should let us downgrade to the previous firmware until they figured out this mess.
2017-7-11
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

fans90b2bb2d Posted at 2017-7-11 15:01

Hi

What are your ATTITUDE, BRAKE & EXPO values ?

When i see your quad flying i can't stop thinking that you ATTITUDE and BRAKE values could be too higher...
2017-7-11
Use props
doobeyy
New

United States

When i update latest firmware, Dji go App stuck at %99. I saw many people lived same issues. I tried to reinstall firmware with Dji assistant it succesfully updated. But after update my rc light turned into red green light flashing. My rc constantly losing connection and not recieve image from camera. I tried to relink rc but i doesnt work it still red green light flashing. How do i get rid of this situation? Thanks.
2017-7-11
Use props
Duchunter
Second Officer
United States

Id love to upload a flight log but my p4 is in a swamp. It did loose a prop but the jerky and unstable flight surely added to the stress on the props. It certainly didnt help.  The image was as unstable as the flight characteristics were. The image would cut out standing next to it or 50 yards away or 500 metes away. I was flying at home like I have many, many times without issue but the image was useless after the update. Waypoints didnt work properly, sonar didnt work properly, hovering didnt work properly, it yoyo'ed in terrain follow mode. The update is complete crap. What really angers me is that when you update it says you can retro back to the old version but thats not true. I would have immediately gone back if I could have and perhaps maybe id still have my p4. Were punished and lied to by dji AGAIN because a few people want to fly without restrictions. This new fw isnt gonna stop that. Just ask apple. Ever version of ios has a jailbreak as far as I know. This misleading information from dji is really getting old. I would never have upgraded had I know there was no option to downgrade like I was told before I updated. Is lying to your customers a Chinese cultural thing or just a dji thing? I damn sure wont be updating my replacement p4.
2017-7-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

doobeyy Posted at 2017-7-11 19:40
When i update latest firmware, Dji go App stuck at %99. I saw many people lived same issues. I tried to reinstall firmware with Dji assistant it succesfully updated. But after update my rc light turned into red green light flashing. My rc constantly losing connection and not recieve image from camera. I tried to relink rc but i doesnt work it still red green light flashing. How do i get rid of this situation? Thanks.

You haven't yet updated your controller firmware. Witth GO started on your smart device connected to your controller, go into the status screen by pressing the message bar at top left, and if theres a 'red triangle' telling you of an update, start it from there. After successful update, you may need to do a manual re-link using C1+C2+Record button and pressing the link button on the craft with a pen.

Regardless, do you have a P4P? If so, this thread is for a specific stability problem with the P4, not with firmware update issues with the P4P. There's many other threads on that release.
2017-7-11
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-11 18:32
What is going to help is everybody on this thread should post a flight log here so Nathalia can forward for further analysis. Is just not right I can't use my bird
At least , DJI should let us downgrade to the previous firmware until they figured out this mess.

I have asked for advice on how to downgrade until this is fixed  in both PMs and in these threads and, on each occasion, the request is simply ignored.
2017-7-11
Use props
Duckster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 866867 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi fellow Dronesters. Did the firmware upgrade for controller and P4 yesterday and have noticed the following:- Very strong winds here in Perth today and P4 was very stable. Only did a short test, varied height from 1.5mtrs feet to about 30 mtrs, distance about 300 mtrs  and stability was excellent. Stopping distance seems to have changed, could have been the strong wind,  also the flight controls are more  sensitive. Will go back to my original settings later today. One problem, my Nexus II rebooted midway during a RTH. Never did happen before. So, all in all, no issues found with stability or loss of video.  Not conclusive as yet, have to test on a less windy day.  And another thing, in case some of these problems are caused by the controller, my controller is a GL300C.
2017-7-11
Use props
Skyp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9656 ft
China

Hey people, so sad to hear about your drones are not stable after upgrading firmware.
Try this may help you to find the problem soon
1. Disable the VPS to see if the drone is still jerking
2. Use attitude mode with the RC to see if the drone is still jerking
If it still unstable after doing this, that means the IMU of the drone went wrong, but if it works that means you need to calibrate the VPS.
2017-7-11
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

I have tried
- Refresh firmware
- Restore factory defaults
- Calibrate sensors
- Calibrate IMU
It's better, not shaky (light breeze)
2017-7-12
Use props
P4 Roy
Captain
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

doobeyy Posted at 2017-7-11 19:40

Me too, same issues, I'm now without a drone for my summer holidays, not happy at all about this, and no way to roll back to previous firmware!
2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4 Roy Posted at 2017-7-12 03:21
Me too, same issues, I'm now without a drone for my summer holidays, not happy at all about this, and no way to roll back to previous firmware!

Have you completed RC update via DJI Go 4 connected to RC and with a good wifi connection on display device ?
2017-7-12
Use props
P4 Roy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-12 03:26
Have you completed RC update via DJI Go 4 connected to RC and with a good wifi connection on display device ?

It only gives option up to 1.8 and the option screen itself is very unstable, often says "none" in the choice of firmware box, I've seen it display the new firmware in the choice box very quickly then disappear again.
2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4 Roy Posted at 2017-7-12 03:40
It only gives option up to 1.8 and the option screen itself is very unstable, often says "none" in the choice of firmware box, I've seen it display the new firmware in the choice box very quickly then disappear again.

When running DJI go with display device connected to controller (you have tried a different cable ?)  and aircraft switched off. tap on left hand side at top of display that should bring up a 'Status' display. At top of the list of items it should confirm whether all updates done, if not there's a red triangle (if my memory serves me correctly). Tap on that line and it should take you through the RC update procedure.

So to complete all; aircraft firmware, RC firmware and latest version of DJI Go 4 App' need to be installed.
2017-7-12
Use props
KEEN INSPECTION
New
Flight distance : 30581 ft
United States

I just completed the update to my controller and drone.  The initial update froze at 99 percent and would not complete.  I had to uninstall the update and do it again.  After the update i was asked to calibrate the imu but when i went to hit the start button for the update nothing would happen.  I powered down everything and then attempted to calibrate the imu and was successful this time.  After the imu calibration I powered down and then re powered and the drone was ready to fly.  The next day I powered up again and it told me to re calibrate the imu but after 60 seconds the calibration request went away and now i have all green and ready to fly.  Everytime I power down and then power up I get the imu re calibrate request.
2017-7-12
Use props
P4 Roy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-12 03:51
When running DJI go with display device connected to controller (you have tried a different cable ?)  and aircraft switched off. tap on left hand side at top of display that should bring up a 'Status' display. At top of the list of items it should confirm whether all updates done, if not there's a red triangle (if my memory serves me correctly). Tap on that line and it should take you through the RC update procedure.

So to complete all; aircraft firmware, RC firmware and latest version of DJI Go 4 App' need to be installed.

Aardvark, I cant thank you enough!!!

I spent 4 hours trying to sort this yesterday, followed several "fixes" on other threads, but nothing worked,  after doing what you said it worked, all seems well but I will need to be very careful test flying the drone I think.

Thank you.
2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4 Roy Posted at 2017-7-12 04:20
Aardvark, I cant thank you enough!!!

I spent 4 hours trying to sort this yesterday, followed several "fixes" on other threads, but nothing worked,  after doing what you said it worked, all seems well but I will need to be very careful test flying the drone I think.

"I will need to be very careful test flying the drone I think."

That's good news then, and yes, take it easy until you have confidence the machine does what it is supposed to do.
2017-7-12
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-11 18:32

Yes a rollback option is badly needed, I have reloaded, recalibrated to no avail. I will be unable to fly until an update is put forth! Should be a way to disable the update required notice too, If I ever get mine flying again, I'll prolly sell it and cut my losses.
2017-7-12
Use props
Johnny Mac 4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It might help as it did for me ! I downloaded the software from dji site onto my laptop then plugged the p4 into it using the USB lead , the option was to reset back to factory settings which I did then refreshed the firmware update ,on the test flight after that it was very good stopped the stutter in flight and stopped all the gimble / calibration warnings I also noticed the multiple flight modes switch was off in settings so I switched it back on hope this helps as it did my drone
2017-7-12
Use props
Windy Hill Flye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14764 ft

United States

Hopefully they get this resolved,  I am having the same issues,  it always has stayed in the air,  but sometimes I wonder how.  It seems like it is working way to had to control the aircraft.
2017-7-12
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Windy Hill Flye Posted at 2017-7-12 12:08
Hopefully they get this resolved,  I am having the same issues,  it always has stayed in the air,  but sometimes I wonder how.  It seems like it is working way to had to control the aircraft.

Recently, a DJI rep stated that he was working on improving the DJI/Customer communication  and his comments were very welcome after months of hearing nothing about P4 updates.

With another flightless weekend looming and no sign of a fix for this latest wobbling issue, now would be a good time for DJI to start that new communication process by giving us an update on this issue.

They may not have a final fix yet but, specifically, I'd ask that DJI inform us:-
a) that they acknowledge the problem exists
b) any indication that the developers think  they might know what's causing it and
c) if possible, an indication of when a fix might be released
d) fourthly, if possible, a way for affected owners to revert to previous firmware until it's fixed

This is just a common courtesy and may serve to reduce the anxiety that many owners currently feel about being able to use their drone again. I'm sure that, like myself, many affected owners are  probably very concerned that they could be facing weeks or months of owning a flightless drone. Any update would be of tremendous value.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans6bf2456f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498688 ft
United States

Barnston Posted at 2017-7-8 11:28
I am experiencing a number of issues after the new update.
1 Instability in manual flight
2 Terrain following, doesn't

I am having the same problems since the update.
I am also having problems with the speed not being constant, it will go from 10mph to 0mph with the throttle.
2017-7-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JockC Posted at 2017-7-12 15:46
Recently, a DJI rep stated that he was working on improving the DJI/Customer communication  and his comments were very welcome after months of hearing nothing about P4 updates.

With another flightless weekend looming and no sign of a fix for this latest wobbling issue, now would be a good time for DJI to start that new communication process by giving us an update on this issue.

'They may not have a final fix yet but, specifically, I'd ask that DJI inform us:-
a) that they acknowledge the problem exists
b) any indication that the developers think  they might know what's causing it and
c) if possible, an indication of when a fix might be released
d) fourthly, if possible, a way for affected owners to revert to previous firmware until it's fixed '

Probably not an unreasonable request, but historically, DJI have never done any of this. Due to the recent problem with hacked software/firmware, DJI are not enabling rollbacks.
2017-7-12
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-10 22:41
Just to verify, you have installed the latest dji go 4, login your DJI account and never log it out, but it cannot  go over 90 feet?
Any errors popping up on the screen?
For the shaking issue, would you please export the flight data via assistant 2?

I upgraded using DJI Assistant 2 with no issues. First flight I had 3 times Compass Error and the drone flew away when i was above the roof of a house. No incedents, I managed to landed safele.
Today I made another test fly and I noticed how it wobbles when it hovers and how erratic the drone fly when using Draw mode.
Attached is the flight data for DJI.Edit: I refreshed the firmware using DJi Assistan2, I ran VPS, IMU and Compass calibration. Same wabbling on Draw mode. Tripod was OK but now the Gimbal dial is not working. It was working on my first test fly.
Video link to the app is really bad even I am few meters away from the drone. At least allow us to downgrade to a safer firmware version until a fix is released.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-12 17:29
I upgraded using DJI Assistant 2 with no issues. First flight I had 3 times Compass Error and the drone flew away when i was above the roof of a house. No incedents, I managed to landed safele.
Today I made another test fly and I noticed how it wobbles when it hovers and how erratic the drone fly when using Draw mode.
Attached is the flight data for DJI.Edit: I refreshed the firmware using DJi Assistan2, I ran VPS, IMU and Compass calibration. Same wabbling on Draw mode. Tripod was OK but now the Gimbal dial is not working. It was working on my first test fly.

Thank you very much for details.
Have you tried to calibrate remote controller then check again whether gimbal dial is working or not?
What mobile device you're using? You have tried to re-link aircraft and remote, the down link is still very poor?
Can you show us a small video or several pictures if convenient?
2017-7-12
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:42
Thank you very much for details.
Have you tried to calibrate remote controller then check again whether gimbal dial is working or not?
What mobile device you're using? You have tried to re-link aircraft and remote, the down link is still very poor?

Thanks for your prompt answer Natalie!
I am using an iPAD 2, latest version of the DJI GO 4 app. I didn't have to  relink but I can try it.
I also tried a joystick calibration after the last flight but after ~ 5 minutes of pushing them up and down I gave up. How long this calibration should take place?
For the next flight I'll try to get film the wobbling drone.
2017-7-12
Use props
luisFOSoares
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221578 ft

Netherlands

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-12 18:54
Thanks for your prompt answer Natalie!
I am using an iPAD 2, latest version of the DJI GO 4 app. I didn't have to  relink but I can try it.
I also tried a joystick calibration after the last flight but after ~ 5 minutes of pushing them up and down I gave up. How long this calibration should take place?

iPad 2 or Air 2 ? I ask because i have iPad 2 and Dji go 4 wont work on it
2017-7-13
Use props
fans9660f229
lvl.1
Croatia

My P4 is also almost unflyable after last firmware. All previously mentioned behaviour goes for mine too.
We need a fix for this as soon as possible.
2017-7-13
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-8 13:37
My only glitch today in about one hour of flight time was a Gimbal that flipped over to one side (corner of landing gear seen) followed by a 3 second loss of video feed. That was my only negative point in all three flights (3 batteries).

Mine doing the same, but constantly.
2017-7-13
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elsmeghead Posted at 2017-7-13 01:12
Mine doing the same, but constantly.

Hi Elsmeghead (Liverpool by any chance ?)  

That's interesting to see. Thinking back to my incident it was very similar with camera pointing lower right and video feed going blank, and as I discovered later the video had stopped recording.

I completed all calibrations after the updates, I was using an iPad Pro 9.7 as display.

I had assumed at the time it was a glitch, and after 90 minutes of test flying that seemed to be the case as it was the only event. But it seems odd that the same seems to be happening to a number of people, or at least a few have been aware of it. I'm keeping an open mind on this. Since then I have completed one more IMU calibration, and will be keeping an eye on it.

If you've not calibrated yet then perhaps that might help, this is the routine I use :-

1) Sensors (Using DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2, latest version), usually done just after update on Assistant 2.

2) IMU (level surface, make sure it's had time to cool down if it's been powered up, say half an hour at lowest ambient temperature, a cool evening or air conditioned room below 10 degrees C helps). Edit:- Using the newer '3D' IMU calibration routine, my last two IMU calibrations have been done at about 20C ambient air temperature. The subsequent IMU warm up time when aircraft is first powered up and initialising does not seem to have been adversley affected, and warm up time is a few seconds at most.

3) Gimbal (just after IMU).

4) RC sticks (with aircraft off).

5) And compass (in an open area (not over steel reinforced concrete), away from ferrous materials or electromagnetic interference). Get one good calibration, and that should be all that is needed until informed by system or erratic flying that needs investigation. Note that any ferrous metals very close to legs (steel frame in desk, cutlery in kitchen drawer, windowsill strengthening etc) will generate a 'compass error', this does not mean compass needs recalibration. just move the aircraft away from source of interference.
2017-7-13
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiqnt3 ... 2_13-41-29.DAT?dl=0

Hello DJI I have uploaded the Data you need for the unstable Drone.
Hope it can be fix soon. Thanks
2017-7-13
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-10 22:48
Hi All, thank you very much for your feedback, we care much about what you've reported.
To locate where the problem exists, we need flight log for further analysis, please kindly help us export the logs which showing the issue you mentioned, we'll forward it to engineers.
You can connect the aircraft to a PC with Assistant 2 installed, run it then click on "Upload Data", then choose the correct logs, save it to local.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiqnt3 ... 2_13-41-29.DAT?dl=0
2017-7-13
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-13 02:52

That's interesting to see. Thinking back to my incident it was very similar with camera pointing lower right and video feed going blank, and as I discovered later the video had stopped recording.

Hi Aardvark, hi Elsmeghead, you are not alone. This is my video after it stops recording and changed from video to photo mode. This is the third time it happens o me, this time I managed to return to video mode and to start recording  agein before the camera returns to its normal position.
2017-7-13
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-13 02:52

Every time it turned off, I returned it back and performed a recalibration of everything.
I've just done an indoor test (without motors) to try to rule anything out and discovered something very  worrying! It appears to be TURNING OFF AND REBOOTING mid flight!
I'm just rendering up the video and will upload to youtube and post a link here shortly.
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules