Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
118369 1921 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:42
Thank you very much for details.
Have you tried to calibrate remote controller then check again whether gimbal dial is working or not?
What mobile device you're using? You have tried to re-link aircraft and remote, the down link is still very poor?

Hi Natalie, just look at Pakawan's video, this is the wobbling I am talking about.
Regarding the RC calibration, should I have the RC on a flat surface on I perform that?
It seems that during the calibration I didn't move the wheel as I didn't get any prompt. My fault for not looking for a tutorial prior of attending the calibration but there is not indication of it on the wizard.
2017-7-13
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

luisFOSoares Posted at 2017-7-13 00:22
iPad 2 or Air 2 ? I ask because i have iPad 2 and Dji go 4 wont work on it

iPad 2 and I was OK with the previous firmware and the DJI GO 4. Occasionally I was getting the green screen, but it wasn't as bad as it is right now. Per Natalie's recommendation I am going to relink the RC and perform an RC calibration.
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-13 04:28
Hi Natalie, just look at Pakawan's video, this is the wobbling I am talking about.
Regarding the RC calibration, should I have the RC on a flat surface on I perform that?
It seems that during the calibration I didn't move the wheel as I didn't get any prompt. My fault for not looking for a tutorial prior of attending the calibration but there is not indication of it on the wizard.

RC doesn't need flat surface (that's IMU and Gimbal only)

move sticks up and down left and right a number of times then left hand top wheel, at that point it will accept the calibration as being completed.
2017-7-13
Use props
luisFOSoares
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221578 ft

Netherlands

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-13 04:30
iPad 2 and I was OK with the previous firmware and the DJI GO 4. Occasionally I was getting the green screen, but it wasn't as bad as it is right now. Per Natalie's recommendation I am going to relink the RC and perform an RC calibration.

But i cannot install DJI go 4 in my ipad 2 .

How did you managed  to install ?

Looking at app in appstore i dont see ipad 2 compatibility

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-go-4-for-spark-p4-series-mavic-and-inspire-2/id1170452592?mt=8

What iOS version are you runing ?

What app version do you have ?
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elsmeghead Posted at 2017-7-13 04:21
Every time it turned off, I returned it back and performed a recalibration of everything.
I've just done an indoor test (without motors) to try to rule anything out and discovered something very  worrying! It appears to be TURNING OFF AND REBOOTING mid flight!
I'm just rendering up the video and will upload to youtube and post a link here shortly.

A refresh and factory reset of firmware on aircraft using latest version of Assistant 2 may help if you've not already done so.

Did you notice this happen on hover, or windy conditions, fast yaw, I'm assuming it was flying straight and under moderate conditions ?
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-13 04:12
Hi Aardvark, hi Elsmeghead, you are not alone. This is my video after it stops recording and changed from video to photo mode. This is the third time it happens o me, this time I managed to return to video mode and to start recording  agein before the camera returns to its normal position.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abgP3UUtKXQ

How long did it take to recover itself, just a few seconds ?

I think I'll run off a few batteries testing hover and fast yaw, see if I can replicate this.
2017-7-13
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-13 04:38
RC doesn't need flat surface (that's IMU and Gimbal only)

move sticks up and down left and right a number of times then left hand top wheel, at that point it will accept the calibration as being completed.

Thanks Aardvark. I moved the sticks for minutes and I was waiting for the Finish prompt. I know I didn't touch the wheel as I didn't see any instructions to do so. I'll repeat this again and now I understand why the gimbal tilt stopped working.
The video link is horrible.  So much green screen at few meters away, in the same location I flew the drone many times. I'll follow Natalie's advice to relink the RC.
2017-7-13
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

luisFOSoares Posted at 2017-7-13 04:39

Luis, I don't have the drone with me, I'll confirm the versions tonight. But I am on the latest iOS and the latest DJI GO 4.
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-13 04:48
Thanks Aardvark. I moved the sticks for minutes and I was waiting for the Finish prompt. I know I didn't touch the wheel as I didn't see any instructions to do so. I'll repeat this again and now I understand why the gimbal tilt stopped working.
The video link is horrible.  So much green screen at few meters away, in the same location I flew the drone many times. I'll follow Natalie's advice to relink the RC.

I suspect if the iPad is the older model that may be the issue regarding video.
2017-7-13
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-13 04:47
How long did it take to recover itself, just a few seconds ?

I think I'll run off a few batteries testing hover and fast yaw, see if I can replicate this.

Only a few seconds. I´ve done everything you suggest several times, refresh firmware, go to factory settings, recalibrate everything, even reset the RC, change the sensitivity and gain values........I've posted a little video to show how the nervous behaviour affects the footage. Props on air, front arms tips on air in agressive braking and video shaking

2017-7-13
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's my recently discovered problem with the P4 shutting down and rebooting in mid-air!!
Didn't realise that THIS is what is causing the gimbal and video stopping issues since upgrading to the latest firmware.
Very scary!!
2017-7-13
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-13 04:44
A refresh and factory reset of firmware on aircraft using latest version of Assistant 2 may help if you've not already done so.

Did you notice this happen on hover, or windy conditions, fast yaw, I'm assuming it was flying straight and under moderate conditions ?

There was only a light breeze as you can see in the video. It appeared to happen each time about 30 seconds after starting recording video regardless of inputs made on the controller. Doesn't do it when video isn't recording though.
2017-7-13
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Elsmeghead Posted at 2017-7-13 05:32
Here's my recently discovered problem with the P4 shutting down and rebooting in mid-air!!
Didn't realise that THIS is what is causing the gimbal and video stopping issues since upgrading to the latest firmware.
Very scary!!

If it is the firmware doing that, that is so incredibly messed up!
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've managed to repeat the problem here, hovered with one battery without anything untoward happening. However, after a 2-3 minute break to change batteries it happened four times on second battery.
A fairly strong intermittent breeze (good drying weather, the pillow cases flapping about at times).

Weather report says about 10 mph wind, but it was blustery round about that.

Electronics on aircraft would have been warmed up at the time.

Just as described by others above, video display going blank with gimbal apparently losing power.

Video recording on, Elsmeghead noted that all appears OK when not recording. I'll try a couple of batteries with recording off later today.
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-13 06:30
If it is the firmware doing that, that is so incredibly messed up!

Well it's firmware or possibly DJI Go 4,  as demonstrated by Elsmeghead above that only happens when recording.
2017-7-13
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elsmeghead Posted at 2017-7-13 05:47
There was only a light breeze as you can see in the video. It appeared to happen each time about 30 seconds after starting recording video regardless of inputs made on the controller. Doesn't do it when video isn't recording though.

Refresh & Factory Reset didn't work. Both just reinstalled the same faulty V02.00.0106
2017-7-13
Use props
fansd5fef3dc
lvl.1
United States

DJI, this is a very serious issue. I also have the problem stated above.

Firmware update done on P4 with A2, firmware done on controller with Go4 app. IMU, Compass and Controller recalibrated. Go4 app up to date. Everything was done correctly. This is solely because of new firmware.

I have been flying for over a year with this P4 and never an issue. I have commercial shoots tonight, tomorrow and this weekend. This cannot be happening. You have to make a fix immediately. When I get home, I will get flight data. This is very serious and the P4 is completely unstable.
2017-7-13
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd5fef3dc Posted at 2017-7-13 08:48
DJI, this is a very serious issue. I also have the problem stated above.

Firmware update done on P4 with A2, firmware done on controller with Go4 app. IMU, Compass and Controller recalibrated. Go4 app up to date. Everything was done correctly. This is solely because of new firmware.

DJI Support have told me to send it in for repair. Didn't get an answer as to what it was specifically that required repair, although when I asked which category to enter on the "send it back for repair form" they said "FIRMWARE UPGRADE ERROR"
2017-7-13
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Elsmeghead Posted at 2017-7-13 10:18
DJI Support have told me to send it in for repair. Didn't get an answer as to what it was specifically that required repair, although when I asked which category to enter on the "send it back for repair form" they said "FIRMWARE UPGRADE ERROR"

It same answer I got too. This is the easy answer to say when the support doesn't understand the issue, just waste of time.
Let's see now what DJI found on our sent logs.

DJI Nathalia, can we at least get an update regarding the logs you collected ?
2017-7-13
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

C'mon DJI, Admit you got it wrong, Give us an option to roll back! Make the previous version of AC firmware available, this has gone on for days.
2017-7-13
Use props
luisFOSoares
lvl.1

Portugal

Im a noob in drones, last Sunday I bought my p4 and sure enough I updated it right away. After that no calibration was done and until now no problems as I saw in some videos ! As I said im not the most experienced person but no problem seems to be happening . From what I understand and read in the posts the problem can appear if you perform IMU calibration
2017-7-13
Use props
luisFOSoares
lvl.1

Portugal

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-13 04:50
Luis, I don't have the drone with me, I'll confirm the versions tonight. But I am on the latest iOS and the latest DJI GO 4.

Ok let me know thanks
2017-7-13
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
United Kingdom

luisFOSoares Posted at 2017-7-13 13:16
Im a noob in drones, last Sunday I bought my p4 and sure enough I updated it right away. After that no calibration was done and until now no problems as I saw in some videos ! As I said im not the most experienced person but no problem seems to be happening . From what I understand and read in the posts the problem can appear if you perform IMU calibration

It might be that as you are new to it, you don't have a feel for how it SHOULD fly. As soon as I took off, before I saw any visible signs, I could tell something wasn't right. Your drone becomes second nature and you can pick up on any changes - like a car I guess.

But I think you're right. There seem to be a handful of people that are not experiencing any ill side effects and they all seem to have not followed standard advice of recalibrating the IMU after FW update. Ain't it ironic ;-)
2017-7-13
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-13 07:05
Well it's firmware or possibly DJI Go 4,  as demonstrated by Elsmeghead above that only happens when recording.

I personally haven't experienced this. I thought bucking and wobbling was bad! I don't quite understand, do the motors physically shut off during the reset - or just non flight critical systems like the camera?
2017-7-13
Use props
luisFOSoares
lvl.1

Portugal

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-13 13:19
It might be that as you are new to it, you don't have a feel for how it SHOULD fly. As soon as I took off, before I saw any visible signs, I could tell something wasn't right. Your drone becomes second nature and you can pick up on any changes - like a car I guess.

But I think you're right. There seem to be a handful of people that are not experiencing any ill side effects and they all seem to have not followed standard advice of recalibrating the IMU after FW update. Ain't it ironic ;-)

Sure. The point is that it works for me and maybe its because I didn't calibrate it. So my advice is if you (someone reading this) upgrade please test it without calibrating
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-13 13:22
I personally haven't experienced this. I thought bucking and wobbling was bad! I don't quite understand, do the motors physically shut off during the reset - or just non flight critical systems like the camera?

It's like the gimbal itself only is doing a reboot. Gimbal tilts down to hard right, video screen goes blank for a second or two, recording stops. After a two or three seconds image appears on screen and recording can be restarted (Only for all to repeat after a while).
I'll need to try again tomorrow. But it looks like the fix will be next update.

Edit:- Yet I've not had any stability problems, all seems pretty smooth in that department. For me at least this does not affect any of the flight characteristics, aircraft can be controlled as normal using RC.

2017-7-13
Use props
G Davidson
Captain
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

I think I have been fortunate in that I've not experienced the flight stability issues after the firmware upgrade but I only did two test flights, taking the battery down to around 60% on each flight. I upgraded the P4 with via DJI Go on an iPad Mini 4, got the 99% issue and realised I had to upgrade the RC unit as well.

Being suspicious that each battery needed updated and that DJI GO wasn't offering to update my two additional batteries, I then connected the P4 to DJI Assistant and forced each battery to update. Whether this did something additional to the P4 firmware that using GO alone hadn't is unknown.

After that, I calibrated the IMU on the kitchen top which, by good fortune, is as level and solid as I could ever hope for.

I wonder why some P4s are affected by the stability issue and others are not. Could it be manufacturing tolerances between IMUs that are not readily accounted for by the new IMU calibration process? I've always been irked by the P4s internal fan coming on during an IMU calibration as I'm sure that will introduce some vibration and skew the measurements. Purely conjecture on my behalf but it sure would be interesting to see a comparison between raw IMU calibration figures between affected and apparently unaffected P4s, not that we knowingly have access to those.

I have yet to try recording to see if the gimbal/camera reboots in flight...
2017-7-13
Use props
Windy Hill Flye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14764 ft

United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1547vww4dcr0pb/FLY258.DAT?dl=0

Here is a link to a flight today that I did that was the wildest landing its ever done.  I corrected itself,  but scared me pretty good,  it was about 12 ft off the ground coming down when it came about 6 ft east then 6ft west then centered and came the rest of the way down
2017-7-13
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:42
Thank you very much for details.
Have you tried to calibrate remote controller then check again whether gimbal dial is working or not?
What mobile device you're using? You have tried to re-link aircraft and remote, the down link is still very poor?

I did another RC calibration and this time I also touched the gimbal dial. In the on screen instruction there is no mentioning about doing that. I relinked the RC but it was too late to go for a test fly. Now i can tilt the gimbal using the wheel.
2017-7-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-13 04:30

The unfortunate reality is the the iPad 2 is a 1Ghz A5 processor, and I believe that the video issue is due to the CPU being unable to efficiently decode the video stream. I myself have occasional issues now with my iPad Mini 2 which has the A7 processor. Worth noting is that Litchi works OK...
2017-7-13
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Ive done IMU, Compass and Gimbal calibration after the update. I haven't noticed any bucking or unstable flying. It is more sensitive on the controls. And gimbal does seem to slowly move after a yaw. My Mavic also did this with its gimbal. Maybe the firmwares have become a single code base with certain feature disabled. And its picked up some issues from other Current aircraft. I will test more when I have some time. Hopefully it don't do like others have here.
2017-7-13
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-13 17:37
The unfortunate reality is the the iPad 2 is a 1Ghz A5 processor, and I believe that the video issue is due to the CPU being unable to efficiently decode the video stream. I myself have occasional issues now with my iPad Mini 2 which has the A7 processor. Worth noting is that Litchi works OK...

Thanks for the advice. I will buy Litchi, it's on my list. The problem is that before the update I didn't get so many green screens. I re-linked the RC, I'll give another test fly tomorrow.
2017-7-13
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

luisFOSoares Posted at 2017-7-13 04:39

iOS 10.3.2, DJI GO 4 ver.4.1.3
2017-7-13
Use props
BLACK90221
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2720 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm Definitely having these problems... THE NEW UPDATE SUKS
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Windy Hill Flye Posted at 2017-7-13 15:38
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1547vww4dcr0pb/FLY258.DAT?dl=0

Here is a link to a flight today that I did that was the wildest landing its ever done.  I corrected itself,  but scared me pretty good,  it was about 12 ft off the ground coming down when it came about 6 ft east then 6ft west then centered and came the rest of the way down

Are you sure that wasn't the new Landing Protection, and Precision Landing flight functions your were seeing ?
With these features, new to the P4. Aircraft is supposed to return home, and if it detects the landing point could be 'hazardous' it then manoeuvres itself to a new what it detects 'safe' position.
2017-7-13
Use props
luisFOSoares
lvl.1

Netherlands

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-13 17:53
iOS 10.3.2, DJI GO 4 ver.4.1.3

Sorry but thats not an iPad 2 for sure

iPad 2 is not compatible with iOS 10 . I wish it was

https://www.cnet.com/news/ios-10-compatibility-these-are-the-iphones-and-ipads-that-will-and-wont-work-with-ios-10/
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fanse6d23c78 Posted at 2017-7-10 23:50
Hi Natalia,

I am also experiencing erratic flights since the firmware upgrade. Flight is not smooth when accelerating in a straight line. It is twitchy and unstable.

Here is an update:
We need the flight logs before aircraft was upgraded.
Would you please run assistant 2, then export 2 or 3 logs before the upgrading? You can refer to the date to choose the correct logs.
Thank you very much.
2017-7-14
Use props
wisnia.sebastia
lvl.1

Hong Kong

We've noticed about this issue, will fix it in the next firmware thank you.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-11 00:46
Merci Natalia
Here is a link for some log for your further analysis. Hope you'll come with a fix. If you need more, let me know and I can do test flight.
Ty

We need the flight logs before aircraft was updated.
Would you please export 2 or 3 logs to us? Appreciate it.
2017-7-14
Use props
MikeW2
lvl.1
United States

Are these issues related to all the P4's? Not everyone identifies the P4 (P4, Advanced, Pro).

I have the original Phantom 4, and was planning on getting the P4 Pro with the build in display on the controller.
This makes me very nervous.  I'll wait now until these issues get resolved.

I have a difficult time reasoning why DJI released the updates in this condition.  It's not like they have 50 different versions to test.
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules