Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New update..By Go app or SD card ???,, What did you do ??
1102 7 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SN0WY3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127740 ft
United Kingdom

I updated by the Go app and had no problem updating, was all done in 20 mins or so. ac made lots of noise when updating lights going all sorts of colours but its all good. So many people seem to be having a hard time updating by SD card so why not use the app :-)

2017-7-8
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The problem is not everyone has success ... can be for many reasons ...

Interruption or corrupted transfer of FW from tablet to AC SD card before it starts update ...

User intervention before fully completed ....

Poor download of FW to tablet ....

even battery error during ..

There are so many factors involved. It is impossible to know what affected the update and make it fail.

The download to PC and then transfer to SD c ard to do the update is basically same - but just leaves out the Tablet download and transfer via WiFi to SD card. You are basically ensuring a clean FW bin file is on the SD card to use.

If you are lucky enough to have all go well via GO ... that's great. But not everyone is so lucky. That is why the alternative is suggested.

Final mention : Where I live - for some reason Update notice via GO is always late. So when I know about updates - I download to PC ... transfer to SD card ... and update. I actually do not use GO update route - only once when my Beta FW was updated to full available non Beta version.

Nigel
2017-7-9
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft
United States

My first drone and know very little. Does that mean that if you change the SD card, you would have to update again?
2017-7-9
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

KEM Posted at 2017-7-9 08:41
My first drone and know very little. Does that mean that if you change the SD card, you would have to update again?

Absolutely not ... makes no difference.  Update once applied is done and dusted ...

When you put the new card in - it will have folders automatically added to it - same as a normal digital camera does.

Nigel
2017-7-9
Use props
waclark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28520 ft
United States

My first attempts with the app did not work at all and in fact were a bit of a disaster. Once I recovered back to a known good firmware I found using the SD card to be straightforward and simple. I'm not against using the app for upgrades but my initial experiences have made me a little hesitant.
2017-7-14
Use props
waclark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28520 ft
United States

My first attempts with the app did not work at all and in fact were a bit of a disaster. Once I recovered back to a known good firmware I found using the SD card to be straightforward and simple. I'm not against using the app for upgrades but my initial experiences have made me a little hesitant.
2017-7-14
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

From the problem free flights after the download I vote for SDcard (after a bit of member coaching if your not a computer guru)
2017-7-15
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Both 2 FW upgrades i did it over the go app with fully charged batteries on both system(RC,AC and mobile) without any problem. But if i had any issue then i ´d choose the way as Nigel explained for us.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules