DJI Inspire 2 + DJI Goggles
3914 28 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Hello --

Our Zenmuse X4S camera is currently "at the shop" for repairs ... But our DJI Goggles arrived the other day, and we are very excited to try that out.

Does anyone at DJI know if there are plans to support Head Tracking for gimbal with the Inspire 2, and if so, what is the timeline?  (We'd love to see the other features that are currently available on Mavic Pro, but most important for us would be head tracking for the gimbal camera.)

Beautiful product.  We are looking forward to taking it into the sky, as soon as our X4S is returned.
2017-7-8
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I bought a DJI goggle and returned it after 1 flight due to the video latency from the latest DJI app... I did get a refund but I also thought they were too uncomfortable for more than one flight.
You may as well put the RC and iPad on your head.
2017-7-8
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Yea, I could see how they might be uncomfortable -- with I could see the video performance.

We still haven't had a proper flight yet wearing them, but whoever would be controlling camera and wearing DJI Goggles would most definitely be in a more comfortable position/location than the pilot.
2017-7-9
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-7-9 07:24
Yea, I could see how they might be uncomfortable -- with I could see the video performance.

We still haven't had a proper flight yet wearing them, but whoever would be controlling camera and wearing DJI Goggles would most definitely be in a more comfortable position/location than the pilot.

DJI goggles don't seem to work with the Inspire 2 as page 11 in the instructions with the micro USB , no head tracking .

DJI , what is up !!!  

Very disappointed again
2017-7-31
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-7-31 14:52
DJI goggles don't seem to work with the Inspire 2 as page 11 in the instructions with the micro USB .

DJI , what is up !!!  

DJI head tracking is what I am referring too fir the Inspire 2
2017-7-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using the goggles with the Inspire 2 as of this time uses the HDMI out. They do not support head tracking with the gimbal at this time.  But DJI could come out with new features in the future
Rich

Look at the table below
chart.jpg
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-7-31 14:52
DJI goggles don't seem to work with the Inspire 2 as page 11 in the instructions with the micro USB , no head tracking .

DJI , what is up !!!  

Inspire 2 RC can also connect to Goggles via USB cable, but only live view and somatic control of the focus is supported.
Our engineers are working on improving the products to make your experience with us better, please pay attention to future release.
2017-8-2
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 00:12
Inspire 2 RC can also connect to Goggles via USB cable, but only live view and somatic control of the focus is supported.
Our engineers are working on improving the products to make your experience with us better, please pay attention to future release.

Mindy,

After the firmware of my Inspire 2,  Unusable 2.4GHZ and 5.8 GHZ bands , never had this issue before and noted that others have the same issues being reported on the website and the internet,

I have tried all recommended procedures to clear the Low Signals and unstable Signals.

Even flying from the same exact location , with no success even turning off all Wifi transmissions.

Is there a way to roll back firmware?  what happen to the downgraded firmwares?
2017-8-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy

The only issue I have using the USB connection is, you cant have the tablet connected at the same time.  Or does DJI want you to use a USB Y connector?  PS this is the same when using the P4P

Rich
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-2 17:14
Mindy

The only issue I have using the USB connection is, you cant have the tablet connected at the same time.  Or does DJI want you to use a USB Y connector?  PS this is the same when using the P4P

In that case, the Goggles can only be connected by HDMI port.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-2 05:00
Mindy,

After the firmware of my Inspire 2,  Unusable 2.4GHZ and 5.8 GHZ bands , never had this issue before and noted that others have the same issues being reported on the website and the internet,

I'm sorry the firmware can only be refreshed, if this issue occurs in every environment, it would be better to send in to make flight test for safety at your most inconvenience.
2017-8-4
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-4 01:54
I'm sorry the firmware can only be refreshed, if this issue occurs in every environment, it would be better to send in to make flight test for safety at your most inconvenience.

Mindy,

With due respect , this issue was created by DJI them selfs... It seems I never  get to use my drone because every time I have off days .. there's a Firmware change  which destroys my drone , thus being the one that grounded me .

Are you reading the forum ? It's the same issue with others Inspire 2 users .

There is no excuses but to due an emergency firmware update or revert back .

Neil
2017-8-7
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Here's something ...

Have any of you flown with DJI Goggles connected to USB on the Inspire 2 RC with only one RC?  So, take off and get into the air with VLOS and manual control, switch to DJI Goggles with spotter keeping VLOS and fly, and then flip up DJI Goggles and land with VLOS?

We tried the other day and the Inspire 2 got stuck at the distance limitations imposed from not being logged into the DJI GO 4 app.

What's the workaround for something like this?
2017-8-7
Use props
RobH2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348812 ft
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-7 16:00
Here's something ...

Have any of you flown with DJI Goggles connected to USB on the Inspire 2 RC with only one RC?  So, take off and get into the air with VLOS and manual control, switch to DJI Goggles with spotter keeping VLOS and fly, and then flip up DJI Goggles and land with VLOS?

I just received goggles and tested them. Pretty disappointing with Inspire 2. I too was locked to 50m distance and height.

Please, how do we get around that?
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobH2 Posted at 2017-9-29 15:02
I just received goggles and tested them. Pretty disappointing with Inspire 2. I too was locked to 50m distance and height.

Please, how do we get around that?

Please connect RC to DJI Go 4 in mobile device for a while, then connect Goggles again to see if the problem persists.
2017-9-29
Use props
RobH2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348812 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-29 20:08
Please connect RC to DJI Go 4 in mobile device for a while, then connect Goggles again to see if the problem persists.

Yes, the way to unlock the distance limitation is to connect with a mobile device first and then unplug it and connect the goggles.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobH2 Posted at 2017-10-14 18:33
Yes, the way to unlock the distance limitation is to connect with a mobile device first and then unplug it and connect the goggles.

That's right, the APP needs to read the main control data firstly. Otherwise, the flight may be restricted.
2017-10-14
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drop the DJI goggles and get the Epson BT-300 smart glasses.  More expensive and takes a little getting used to but you can't beat the heads up display while looking at your aircraft.
2017-10-23
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes Mindy, I got the goggles too and was very disappointed that the head tracking is not available for gimbal control on inspire 1, I mean considering that Litchi allows FPV with head tracking using a cellphone for a fraction of the cost, it makes no sense that the goggles having the capability are only limited to the "consumer" copters and unavailable for the "professional" copters like the I1 and I2. Please forward our request for this capability on next f/w updates for the Inspire 1 Pro
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mixchief Posted at 2017-10-27 09:43
Yes Mindy, I got the goggles too and was very disappointed that the head tracking is not available for gimbal control on inspire 1, I mean considering that Litchi allows FPV with head tracking using a cellphone for a fraction of the cost, it makes no sense that the goggles having the capability are only limited to the "consumer" copters and unavailable for the "professional" copters like the I1 and I2. Please forward our request for this capability on next f/w updates for the Inspire 1 Pro

Sir, the head tracking for Inspire 2 will be added in the next Inspire 2 firmware, but no news for Inspire 1 at the moment.
Please pay attention to the future release in our website, thanks.
2017-10-28
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

If the goggles would support head tracking on the I1, I would buy them in a heartbeat.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WernerD Posted at 2017-10-28 23:36
If the goggles would support head tracking on the I1, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Well, we are working on improving our products to make it more customized and functional.
Thanks for your support to DJI anyway.
2017-10-29
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

WernerD Posted at 2017-10-28 23:36

And I would keep them, I don't know if I will be returning them, I screwed up and didn't order the HDMI adapter at the same time as the goggles and now I have to wait before I can even try them put in flight. I have turned hem on and seen the included videos that are pretty nice, though frankly not as impressive as I thought. They are absolutely eons better visually than using a generic set of goggles with say litchy, but I understand I can't use litchy with them, kind of a drag,
2017-10-29
Use props
Skyhooker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149980 ft
  • >>>
United States

Regarding the Inspire 2 and DJI goggles, I have a set and I often take a co-pilot with me. I would like to be able to allow my co-pilot to use head tracking to freely look around while I (the pilot) monitor the Inspire 2's front facing FPV camera for navigation. So many possibilities. Hey, isn't that DJI's slogan, "The Future of Possible". Let's make some of these things possible DJI !
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Skyhooker Posted at 2018-3-13 07:27
Regarding the Inspire 2 and DJI goggles, I have a set and I often take a co-pilot with me. I would like to be able to allow my co-pilot to use head tracking to freely look around while I (the pilot) monitor the Inspire 2's front facing FPV camera for navigation. So many possibilities. Hey, isn't that DJI's slogan, "The Future of Possible". Let's make some of these things possible DJI !

Sorry that in Dual Operation Mode (one drone + two DJI Goggles + two remote controllers), the slave DJI Goggles will not support Head Tracking Mode. Your request will be forwarded to our developers, we will keep improving our products.
2018-3-14
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

Hi Mindy, I am going to buy this setup later this week: 2 cendense controllers and 1 race goggles with inspire 2 zenmuse X7
The goal is that I fly with 1 cendence and cristalsky and the other controls the zenmuse X7 with the other cendence and iPad.  Can we hook up the race goggles to the zenmuse X7 so that the 2nd controller keep vision with iPad (and I as well on crystalksy) and a third person can look through the goggles?  We need this setup for inspections and such. Is it possible for this third person to use head tracking mode?
Or maybe head tracking mode is only available when we have one controller?
Thanks, Paul, Belgium
2018-3-26
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

Still no answer? I have the above setup now, is it true that I can only get connection With the zenmuse x7  using a hdmi cable connecting the racing goggles to the cendence controller?  
Any update on the head tracking software?
2018-5-15
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2
Belgium

STILL NO ANSWER??? OMG!!! common DJI, you should do better then that!!
2018-7-22
Use props
INSPIRE 2 CENDE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4344 ft
Russia

I bought yesterday racing edition, after one day trying to update firmware (assistent 2 gave constant update failed on my macs) I managed over the 4th computer (windows) to update the firmware to V.01.00.0700) Try to connect to inspire 2 via cendence NO CONNECTION. DJI I love your products, but this one goes back to dealer tomorrow. Pay a lot of money for device which is not working. The same counts for the expensive SDD and licence and only can be used when a micro sd card of 100 EURO is in. Put your arrangancy a side and support your well paying customers.
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules