69884 60 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoX5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196778 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried to fly this afternoon, just like any other day and at 100 feet altitude I got his message:

Warning:Max Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary

There were no firmware updates performed, no changes to DJI Go4.  Can anybody shed some light on this random problem?
Update, firmware update applied and this is still happening.  Ideas?

2017-7-8
Use props
fansab24eff6
New

United States

I am having the same issue. It would be great if someone would give us some input on this.
2017-7-8
Use props
Scott Ferguson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

Could you be in beginner mode? That limits altitude to 30m(100')
2017-7-8
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

I had a similar thing on the 4th of July, I can't remember what I did exactly, but I think a complete reboot of everything put me back on track... I'm sure you've done that already... (and both of you logged into the go4 app after your last firmware update, right?)
2017-7-8
Use props
fansab24eff6
New

United States

Yes I have
2017-7-8
Use props
d.lewis.micm
New
United Kingdom

I am having the same problem this morning I have checked beginner mode reset settings to 200m alt but I just can't seem to fix it...driving me nuts. Any ideas support appreciated. Dan
2017-7-9
Use props
fanse6566494
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152411 ft
Malaysia

Me too. Having the same problem after the latest firmware update. Can anyone assist me ? Thank you
2017-7-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

What are you seeing as the max alt in the DJI GO app? If that's too low, increase it. If you can't reach that altitude, then you may need to confirm you are registered and logged in.
2017-7-9
Use props
MarcoX5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196778 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Go is set to 300M.  I'm logged in as always.  double checked that after firmware update.  (Upgrade is a misnomer).  Not in beginner mode.  WTF?

Still limited to 100'
2017-7-9
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

I don't think you're really logged in.  You know you can check all this out in the Simulator instead of actual flight.
2017-7-9
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Hi all I had similar random problem once. FW .900
Started Mavic did all checks wanted to climb up and received msg max alt reached 2meters bove the ground.
I just swiped with the finger and recorded manually the homepoint again (home to aircraft as it was hanging 2m above ground) the msg disapered and I xould go up then...strange a bit (happend for the first time)
2017-7-9
Use props
fans6431a135
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148917 ft
United States

I'm having the same problems.  It began in late June.  My drone has been restricted to the height/distance limits mentioned in the V01.03.0800 firmware update (DJI limiting folks who aren't signed into their accounts via the App).  I'm always signed in when I fly, and this wasn't happening until well after I did the update.  DJI support hasn't solved it for me yet.
2017-7-14
Use props
Sam Wilson
New
Flight distance : 375794 ft

Australia

I'm having the same problem with my Mavic Pro. Haven't flown for a couple of weeks and now can't fly higher than 30m despite max altitude setting of 120m. I've reset to factory settings and also double checked my firmware via DJI Assistant. Not sure what else I can do? Any advice is much appreciated.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans6431a135
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148917 ft
United States

I had just read another thread about this issue.  A reply suggested updating the DJI GO 4 App, so I checked it on my tablet by going to the settings area of the app to check for updates.  The app said there weren't any.  Not believing that (since I have never updated it), I went into the Apps manager area of my tablet & searched the apps.  What do you know?  The DJI GO 4 App had "Update" next to it...  I updated it & my drone is flying normally again!  No height/distance restrictions.  Whew.
2017-7-15
Use props
fans41779ada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

fans6431a135 Posted at 2017-7-15 16:18
I had just read another thread about this issue.  A reply suggested updating the DJI GO 4 App, so I checked it on my tablet by going to the settings area of the app to check for updates.  The app said there weren't any.  Not believing that (since I have never updated it), I went into the Apps manager area of my tablet & searched the apps.  What do you know?  The DJI GO 4 App had "Update" next to it...  I updated it & my drone is flying normally again!  No height/distance restrictions.  Whew.

You could be my hero as this is the best suggestion I've read yet.  I updated firmware last night.  Reset all my defaults: 500m altitude limit (basically none I don't go up that high, and turned off the distance limiting.  Put my return to home altitude at 150m (plenty high here).

I can't go higher than 30 meters, or further than 50m, before I get the messages others have mentioned.  I've triple checked I'm not in beginner mode, and like any tech savvy person these days, powered everything off then back on.  Presumably performing a hardware reboot.  NO LUCK.  I'll try this right off, and read on.

THE ONLY CHANGE I MADE WAS TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE WHICH HAD BEEN LEFT AS DELIVERED FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.  Nothing else.  I get a red light alternating with the green light when it hits the altitude or distance limits.  I LOVED THE IDEA ABOUT TRYING IT IN THE SIM TOO.  I'm totally confused.

Is there any magic log in procedure?  I didn't have to provide a password to post this, and have perfect wifi reception.  I haven't read anything about crippling the product if you aren't logged in.  I'm just inside some Class D airspace, but flying outside it doesn't change anything.  Help would be welcome .  Am trying the DGI GO 4 update now.
2017-7-15
Use props
fans007ecc9e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 729800 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded the firmware on my P3S about a week ago.  I have flown it several times since then without issue.  Today, I went to fly my P3S and as soon as I got to 100 feed in altitude or 160 feet distance I got the "Maximum flight altitude reached" or "Maximum flight distance reached" messages.  I have not changed any settings.  I am not using beginner mode.  As a post above suggested, I checked for updates to the DJI GO app.  Sure enough, there was an update.  I updated and went out for another test flight.  Now my P3S flies normally again.  Once again I can get past the 100 foot altitude barrier.  Yeah!

My guess is that the app update and firmware update are somehow tied together.  It would have been nice if DJI made that clear with the firmware update.  It would have saved me a lot of panicking when all-of-a-sudden my flights were limited.
2017-7-16
Use props
Richard A
New
Flight distance : 18278 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me. Today the mavic flys slow 150 ft distance is the max limit and low altitude
2017-7-16
Use props
Basile
New
Flight distance : 92546 ft
Réunion

Same issue here, it's been a week that i'm limited 30 meters high, 50m distance... I just reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app on my iphone and log in again, i hope it will fix it...
I have a volcano to shoot, and it will not be on for decades so hurry up DJI ! (or i will have to walk on lava...)  
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Richard A Posted at 2017-7-16 19:52
Same thing happened to me. Today the mavic flys slow 150 ft distance is the max limit and low altitude

Is the APP up to date? Have you signed in the APP? Is the beginner mode disabled?
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sam Wilson Posted at 2017-7-14 23:57
I'm having the same problem with my Mavic Pro. Haven't flown for a couple of weeks and now can't fly higher than 30m despite max altitude setting of 120m. I've reset to factory settings and also double checked my firmware via DJI Assistant. Not sure what else I can do? Any advice is much appreciated.

Try to re-install the APP, then log into the APP again ,see if it works. Besides, make sure the beginner mode is disabled.
2017-7-17
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I see that limit when the GPS lock is not good enough; was the GPS showing more than 10?
2017-7-17
Use props
badgercull
New
Flight distance : 86627 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Newbie to the forums.  So hello!

I was flying this morning at 220m.  Changed the battery and then limited to 30m and limited 50m distance.  Settings didn't change between battery changes and now I seem to be limited even though I am signed in etc.

Does anyone have any updates?

Thanks
2017-8-15
Use props
fans206a55ef
New
Flight distance : 521434 ft
United States

badgercull Posted at 2017-8-15 05:15
Hi,

Newbie to the forums.  So hello!

I am having the same issue with my Inspire 1.  I uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app and everything works fine.  But when I land and change batteries I get the the 30 and 50 meter flight restrictions.  DJI telephone  and online support can not solve this problem.  Only way to fly unrestricted is to uninstall and reinstall the app before every flight and before every battery change.  Any help would be appreciated.
2017-8-15
Use props
SlipstreamFPV
New
Flight distance : 168491 ft
Australia

Same problems here with my P3P. Can't fly more than the 30m/50m restriction. Have deleted/reinstalled the app and logged in/out a million times. Should never have done the update.
2017-8-15
Use props
fans8a83a9d4
New
Flight distance : 73235 ft
Portugal

I'm  having the same problem. Contacted DJI and they told me to calibrate IMU and Compass but it didn't work... Anybody has a suggestion???
2017-8-17
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep my set at 121 m
2017-8-17
Use props
badgercull
New
Flight distance : 86627 ft
United Kingdom

I have found the cure!  All you have to do is turn on the bird first then launch the app.  Then it works as normal.  I can fly where I want :-)
2017-8-17
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... APP tells the MP that it is signed in (even without internet/cell coverage) so restrictions are removed... If for a reason the APP doesn't tell the MP that it is signed in, restrictions will become active...

What I do:

- Powerup RC...
- Powerup MP...
- Start APP (on Android App starts automatically, on iOS you have to start App manualy)...

Never had any problems with restrictions whatsoever...
2017-8-17
Use props
fans4398f909
New
Flight distance : 369518 ft
United Kingdom

badgercull Posted at 2017-8-17 08:25
I have found the cure!  All you have to do is turn on the bird first then launch the app.  Then it works as normal.  I can fly where I want :-)

Hi. Why does the Inspire 1 Pro limit itself to 30m height everytime I fly?
I use commercially and cant have this all the time.
Im having to uninstall and re install the DJI GO app each time I fly and every time i change a battery!. Theb lose all my data!. Surley this cannot be right??
I have geo fencing off ans am not in beginner mode.
My max altitude is set to 500m and range is at maximum.

Please someone help. Never had this problem with my Mavic Pro.
Rgds

David
2017-8-17
Use props
fans4398f909
New
Flight distance : 369518 ft
United Kingdom

fans4398f909 Posted at 2017-8-17 10:49
Hi. Why does the Inspire 1 Pro limit itself to 30m height everytime I fly?
I use commercially and cant have this all the time.
Im having to uninstall and re install the DJI GO app each time I fly and every time i change a battery!. Theb lose all my data!. Surley this cannot be right??

Does what badgercull says actualy work. Cant try it now...
David
2017-8-17
Use props
Henryhunty
New
United Kingdom

Hi my dji phantom 3 standard limits its self to 99ft in height and 99 ft in distance I set it to 200 m high and 500m max distance it is not in beginners mode but I recently did a firmware update please can someone answer my question asap.         21/08/17
2017-8-21
Use props
w.vanderstraete
New
Flight distance : 33 ft
Belgium

To all with the same problem 30m - 50m, go to DJI website, to the support tab, choose your product, go to downloads, goto APP/LIveview, hit your
2017-8-21
Use props
fans789db764
New
Flight distance : 33 ft
Belgium

Sorry, Go to DJI website, hit the support tab, choose your product, hit the downloads button, scroll to the App/Live view part, choose App store or Google, you will be redirected, download the update of your app, install it, then open the app, goto "me", then hit  the settings wheel (top right), log out, log in again. Problem will be solved, poor communication from DJI as I see a lot of people have the same problem.
2017-8-21
Use props
reinmen
New
Flight distance : 29406 ft
Italy

I have the same problem with a phantom 3 professional, and I resolve with the update of App DJI GO. With the change of version from 3.1.5 to 3.1.10 I found a solution of this problem. Now I fly over 30 meters of altitude.
2017-8-24
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

As Mari said:

- Powerup RC...
- Powerup MP...
- Start APP (on Android App starts automatically, on iOS you have to start App manualy)...

I actually don't even plug my device in  until the RC & AC are connected

I follow this sequence on both my P3P & Mavic with the same results, no issues. Go App 3.1.10 / Go 4 App 4.1.5 Using Crystal Sky Andriod
2017-8-24
Use props
fans1806fe40
New
United States

Hello everyone,

I think I have a solution that may work. I currently own a P3 Standard and have had the same problem with max distance/height. I would have my height set at 120 m but would only be allowed to go 94ft. To fix this I simply raised the number higher than I had it--120m to 200m. After that, it allowed me to fly further and so I simply switched back my max height to 120m. Basically, try increasing the height or max distance and that may solve your problem.
2017-8-30
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

Basile Posted at 2017-7-16 23:41
Same issue here, it's been a week that i'm limited 30 meters high, 50m distance... I just reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app on my iphone and log in again, i hope it will fix it...
I have a volcano to shoot, and it will not be on for decades so hurry up DJI ! (or i will have to walk on lava...)

Did the update work for you?
2017-8-30
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

I was having the issue with the maximize distance as well. It started occurring a few weeks ago, I think after the last firmware update.  As someone noted above, I look at the went into the Apple App Store and found that there was an update to the DJI GO App on my iPad (not sure why that was indicated by the GO app)  was a pending..the issue was addressed after doing the update!
2017-9-1
Use props
sircambridge-Ge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174 ft
United States

What finally fixed this for me was toggling sport mode and back! It was stuck at maximum altitude 30m no matter what I did until I toggled the switch on the controller when it was on the ground
2017-9-6
Use props
fans3097ba4e
lvl.1

Serbia

My DJI Phantom 3 advanced all of a sudden has stopped climbing above 50 m and can't go beyond 30 m in distance and it's not in beginner mode and I have been flying this Drone for over a year and never had a trouble any suggestions
2017-9-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules