Mavic gimbal SKIPS when panning
2136 9 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sniper+
lvl.1
Italy

Hello guys,

this is getting really annoying for me, so I decided to post and look for help.
Most of my panning shots are being ruined by the gimbal "skipping" when I do a pan. I have no idea why this is happening, but it happens very often and usually when I have a combined motion (panning and going forward/ sideways for example).
It's definitely not a frame drop or framrate issue, you can see that the gimbal is physically jumping to a different position for a split second.

See what I mean in thus youtube video:

2017-7-8
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

I have the same issue occasionally too.  Sometimes it goes away with a restart but not always...
2017-7-9
Use props
Sniper+
lvl.1
Belgium

Anyone else having this? I'm wondering if I should send it in...
2017-7-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I also have this but it really only started with the 0900 firmware update. It needs to be reported as a bug if not already done so.
2017-7-9
Use props
Sniper+
lvl.1
Italy

OK, so I can totally confirm this is happening a lot, basically ruining every single panning shot I do.
I want to report this as a bug and would also like to to hear from DJI themselves what they have to say regarding this, since I've spent top dollar for their drone which is now basically useless for any serious videography.

How do I officially report a bug?
2017-8-22
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

What was your speed and wind conditions? Gimbal vibrations can be observed sometimes on rapid movements... it's hanging on some straps in the end..
2017-8-23
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

The way to re-create the issue is to: tilt camera up and down using the left wheel on the upper left of the controller, and pan at the same time. While panning the entire time, tilt the camera up and down. You'll see that every time the camera stops tilting, it will skip.
2017-8-23
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem seems to be the DJI GO 4 app. If you close out of the app, it doesn't do it any more.
2017-8-23
Use props
Sniper+
lvl.1
Italy

Not sure it's related to tilting the camera up/down. It seems to happen also when just panning with the yaw stick.
@CuaC, it happens at any speed, even standing still an panning.
2017-8-25
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Sniper+ Posted at 2017-8-25 12:37
Not sure it's related to tilting the camera up/down. It seems to happen also when just panning with the yaw stick.
@CuaC, it happens at any speed, even standing still an panning.

I no longer have the problem. I think it may have been corrected with either a reset of the camera, a gimbal calibration or an update of the GO 4 app. Not sure which but no longer have it and this was prior to firmware.1000 release.
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules