Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
For those who had issues after/during firmware update
12Next >
5818 57 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
linflas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169370 ft
United States

I will be flight testing today, besides the known wobble with trace view I saw nothing symptomatic in flight after update for me on one battery around the neighborhood at night last night.  Will be flight testing today, river, lake, mountainside trees, and flats.  Live in the Willamette Valley, Oregon.  

Things I have noticed, high wind warning at 300ft with no ground wind, went away at 250ft, could have been some wind, dunno.  Otherwise controller connection was strong, with max range of 4500ft from remote during test last night.  I also felt like attempt at high speed decent was wonky, but night flight, so poor horizon imaging to verify.

Is there anything anyone would like me to test, specifically?

Also, my firmware update went great, just over 4 minutes for Remote thru DJI Go App on Nvidia Shield, Android 7.1, Just over 9 minutes for primary flash of drone and first battery, through DJI Updater on Win 10, just under 4 minutes for "refresh" flash for other 2 batteries.  So luckily, not having issues many of you have.

Will be leaving to fly about 1500 Pacific Standard Time (GMT +7) to fly, so, will check thread before I leave.
2017-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One thing that bothered me yesterday when I did my test flights was a loss of video signal  after a Gimbal tilt to the right, this lasted about 2-3 seconds. This was under potentially windy conditions (similar to you with wind reports). I would be interested to hear if you have any similar such issues.

Other than that I was pleased with the results of the update.
2017-7-9
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Could you drop altitude aggressively (full throttle down). See if it twitches
2017-7-9
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

The thing I don't understand is that when I fly sideways there is no problem at all  but forward and backwards it sometimes begins to shake violently
2017-7-9
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

I gave up using my K1 Shield last year due to bad transmission video.  Did you see an improvement after this upgrade, or did yours work fine prior to the upgrade?

General question is: Is the HD channel changing during flight? Did they add the channel in the logs?  When I used Litchi last year I noticed the channel very seldom changed, even during times I lost video completely.  One would expect the channel should switch once the signal level deteriorates during flight.

And of course, what "sealed the deal" for me to put the K1 away was the horrible video when used on bright sunny days by the sea shore.  I could not see the screen at all.  My iphone 6 is so much better. I even tried the anti-reflective screen shield.
2017-7-9
Use props
linflas
lvl.1
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-9 03:36
Could you drop altitude aggressively (full throttle down). See if it twitches

At full down on stick, It did not sound like it did before, would not be surprised if it is happening, decent seemed slow compared to before.  But will for sure verify.
2017-7-9
Use props
linflas
lvl.1
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2017-7-9 03:54
I gave up using my K1 Shield last year due to bad transmission video.  Did you see an improvement after this upgrade, or did yours work fine prior to the upgrade?

General question is: Is the HD channel changing during flight? Did they add the channel in the logs?  When I used Litchi last year I noticed the channel very seldom changed, even during times I lost video completely.  One would expect the channel should switch once the signal level deteriorates during flight.

I have never had transmission signal issues.  Only issue I have is the same as all Android users, the app just up and shuts off mid-flight, you still have RC connection, so drone will do whatever you want by sticks, but you have to restart the app to get video back ~10 seconds to get back in, annoying but not a deal breaker for me, as this is pure recreation for me.

As for the sun, yes, terrible in light, there is a guy on Amazon/Ebay who makes 3d printed sunshields that fit the shield for $20, works fantastic, I love it.
2017-7-9
Use props
linflas
lvl.1
United States

Ran into no issues during flights today.  Camera steady on decent.  Really nothing aberrant to report.  

Best of luck to all you flyers with issues.  Hope they get resolved for you.
2017-7-10
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MD_Icarus Posted at 2017-7-9 03:54

Downgrade to Android 6 !
2017-7-11
Use props
Jim Watkins
First Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

This brings up a point I have been wondering about.  I have 3 batteries.  Judging from the light patterns on the battery I used while doing the firmware update, it looked to me as if it was updating the battery too in addition to the P4 and remote.  But later when I put my other two batteries in the quad, it didn't give any indication they needed any upgrade.  So, I think I am operating with one updated battery and two batteries still under their older firmware?  Can someone advise me how to make sure that ALL my batteries are up to date?

Thanks,--Jim Watkins
Burbank, CA

2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-7-12 11:13
This brings up a point I have been wondering about.  I have 3 batteries.  Judging from the light patterns on the battery I used while doing the firmware update, it looked to me as if it was updating the battery too in addition to the P4 and remote.  But later when I put my other two batteries in the quad, it didn't give any indication they needed any upgrade.  So, I think I am operating with one updated battery and two batteries still under their older firmware?  Can someone advise me how to make sure that ALL my batteries are up to date?

Thanks,--Jim Watkins

Hi Jim

They can be checked in Assistant 2, and will either show update if needed, or refresh if not. I had no other notification apart from that. Of course it could be a 'false positive' on Assistant 2's part. But it certainly recognises those which have been 'updated' against those that haven't.

Edit:- And they also make mention in the firmware release notes about 'improvements' to the Smart RTH mode. Which I assume is the 'Low battery return to home mode' so it may tie in with that. Enable/Disable 'Smart RTH' is still available in battery section.
2017-7-12
Use props
fansbee6cb00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14764 ft

United States

Ever since the update,  the flight of my phantom has been jerky as well,  it is very noticeable on descent,  it looks like it is working way to hard and having to overcompensate.   I have also received the high wind warning over 300 ft , which I had never seen before, and had the gimbal go down and to the right during flight and then bounce back to center like a bouncing basketball.   Support has told me they think it might be in the remote,  but I haven't been able to reset it yet,  if anyone can tell me how to do that,  it would be great.
2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbee6cb00 Posted at 2017-7-12 11:38
Ever since the update,  the flight of my phantom has been jerky as well,  it is very noticeable on descent,  it looks like it is working way to hard and having to overcompensate.   I have also received the high wind warning over 300 ft , which I had never seen before, and had the gimbal go down and to the right during flight and then bounce back to center like a bouncing basketball.   Support has told me they think it might be in the remote,  but I haven't been able to reset it yet,  if anyone can tell me how to do that,  it would be great.

" I have also received the high wind warning over 300 ft , which I had never seen before, and had the gimbal go down and to the right during flight and then bounce back to center like a bouncing basketball.  "

I had exactly the same symptoms on the gimbal with video going blank for a few seconds. I've noticed this once in about 90 minutes of flight so far since update. Also wind warning which seems to be a new feature.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans287075cf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36942 ft
United States

On my phantom 3 standard app just before, & now after all three map grids do not show on the app, Hybrid grid, Satellite grid , etc..  all else worked good before, & after, camera, compass calibration, gimbal calibration,  etc..
2017-7-12
Use props
fans287075cf
lvl.1
United States

On my phantom 3 standard app just before, & now after all three map grids do not show on the app, Hybrid grid, Satellite grid , etc..  all else worked good before, & after, camera, compass calibration, gimbal calibration,  etc..
2017-7-12
Use props
fans287075cf
lvl.1
United States

2017-7-12
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

So far all I have noticed is the annoying high wind warning message when there is no wind. This needs to be addressed.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans5a2b3ee7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5425896 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem. My P4 was wobbling even when going at constant speed. I even took measurements and there was no wind at all outside. Recalibrated twice and still wobbled uncontrollably. Before updating, my Phantom 4 was flying perfectly fine. I took my Yuneec drone after that to see how it would compare in the same conditions and I didn't experience that kind of wobbling. There's definitely something wrong with the new firmware. Any suggestions on how to address this to DJI?

2017-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doesn't sound like an RC issue, but it won't do any harm to reset:-

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed. This can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

To manually Link RC to Aircraft

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-7-12
Use props
microlinux
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same jerkiness,  mine is also worst on descent.

My gimbal is still wacky.  Prior to the update, it would swing back and forth when turning, but eventually find level. Now, when it goes off level, it just gets stuck at an angle most of the time. If I manually correct, the next time I turn the gimbal goes way off level to nearly 45 degrees.

I've tried every calibration multiple times ("cool"), reset everything to default and refreshed the firmware. No change.

I need to bring a puke bag with to use my Goggles .  . .

2017-7-12
Use props
fansb29e4285
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17697 ft
  • >>>
Italy

After I successfully updated the new firmware v.02.00-0106 of my PH4 I started to have the problem documented in the attached videos. During the flight, though a few meters away from the radio control, the camera stops working for a few seconds (with loss of video signal) and then positions itself as documented in the last frames of the attached videos. The video signal stops for a few seconds and then returns to the right or left sloping camera.

Video 1

Video 2
2017-7-13
Use props
MikeW2
lvl.1
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2017-7-9 03:36
The thing I don't understand is that when I fly sideways there is no problem at all  but forward and backwards it sometimes begins to shake violently

Wouldn't that suggest that perhaps it has something to do with the newer obstacle sensors?
2017-7-14
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

MikeW2 Posted at 2017-7-14 00:50
Wouldn't that suggest that perhaps it has something to do with the newer obstacle sensors?

I've done a test with all sensors off and the problem is still present. I've done some tests at different heights and nothing changes. I've lowed to the minimum the values of attitude and brake sensitivity, I've reduced pitch gain to the minimun. The same behaviour.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I have been unable to get the right-hand joystick to work in "follow me " mode (please do not confuse FM with AT "active tracking". Would be interested to hear if anyone else has got it to work
2017-7-14
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Hello Mike I flew again and saw it happened sideways as well, but not so much, so it can't be the sensors.  I think it has something to do with the output of the motors. We will see what is the outcome of DJI
2017-7-14
Use props
MikeW2
lvl.1
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2017-7-14 03:20
Hello Mike i flew again and saw it happened sideways as well, but not so much, so it can't be the sensors.  I think it has something to do with the output of the motors. We will see what is the outcome of DJI

Yes, same with me.  Ill wait until the dust settles.  It's concerning the lack of quality control on the firmware updates.

It may be that DJI's efforts to hinder 3rd party efforts is backfiring on DJI.  DJI needs to proceed very carefully. as not to isolate themselves.  There are individuals loosing income, which is a serious issue.  Then, there are hobbyists like myself who feel it's just unsafe to fly with the condition of the updates.

Side note: Someone should do a 'If cars were like DJI drones....'.  That would be funny.

If cars were like DJI Drones after a firmware upgrade....
- Your car would inexplicably drive 60 miles away, then return to your garage.
- Your car would not be able to turn right.
- Your car would shimmy left to right, or, front to back, while parked.
- While driving, all controls (steering, brakes...) would stop, and your car would simply just drive away.  Quick... press the RTH button - that has since changed how it functions.

2017-7-14
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

MikeW2 Posted at 2017-7-14 12:41
Yes, same with me.  Ill wait until the dust settles.  It's concerning the lack of quality control on the firmware updates.

It may be that DJI's efforts to hinder 3rd party efforts is backfiring on DJI.  DJI needs to proceed very carefully. as not to isolate themselves.  There are individuals loosing income, which is a serious issue.  Then, there are hobbyists like myself who feel it's just unsafe to fly with the condition of the updates.

If cars were like DJI drones... they'd be recalled
2017-7-14
Use props
Jerophoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263622 ft
Switzerland

Yup yup, same here, I almost lost it water and crashed into a tree, it just won't hover still at times and makes unwanted moves. How the heck that can be possible after moths of waiting for that update. From what I read on forums, DJI are obviously aware and working on it. But hey, how long?
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which newer Obstacle sensors ? The P4 has had same sensors for past 16 Months.
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jerophoto Posted at 2017-7-14 16:02
Yup yup, same here, I almost lost it water and crashed into a tree, it just won't hover still at times and makes unwanted moves. How the heck that can be possible after moths of waiting for that update. From what I read on forums, DJI are obviously aware and working on it. But hey, how long?

Have you done the five calibrations on your aircraft ?
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MikeW2 Posted at 2017-7-14 12:41

"Side note: Someone should do a 'If cars were like DJI drones....'.  That would be funny. "

Good idea:-

If DJI Drones After firmware update, were like cars....

When properly maintained:-

Would be faster than most others.

Would be able to park autonomously within inches of starting point when sat-nav was correctly set

Would be able to drive whilst viewing a level horizon

Would be able to record every detail of their route travelled

Would have a large proportion of the market sales

Would produce four new models within as many months

Would provide high resolution, and professional high bitrate images to the consumer market (which most cars don't do)

Would be able to open up the aerial camera platform market to many users (another cars can't do)

Would produce less atmospheric pollution that others  (Something cars are not very good at)

Where business critical, like a car, a replacement would be available in case of breakdown

Would be able to drive themselves home using same route (Ok this is cheating, applies to P4P)

Sadly, like cars, the first line support is often lacking, and those without experience can be mislead.

2017-7-14
Use props
Jerophoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263622 ft
Switzerland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-14 16:13
Have you done the five calibrations on your aircraft ?

The five calibrations? I had no warning telling me to do them. I have done ones within DJI Go 4 though. Could you please name the 5?  thanx
2017-7-14
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

DJI Phantom 4 - Since update I have jerky unstable flight, and weak transmission signal , feed will cut off and go totally blank it will come back often with the gimbal at angle off to the side, every single start up gives the calibrate IMU warning, I have reset controller and phantom and reinstalled updates but still the same problems - 1/ feed/transmission cut off with gimbal firing off into a weird angle 2/ IMu calibration every single startup. 3/jerky flight none of these issues were present the day prior to the update.  hope DJI will fix the update Im not the only one with the issues, consider your self lucky if your update hasnt caused any issues.
2017-7-14
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Australia

fansb29e4285 Posted at 2017-7-13 01:03
After I successfully updated the new firmware v.02.00-0106 of my PH4 I started to have the problem documented in the attached videos. During the flight, though a few meters away from the radio control, the camera stops working for a few seconds (with loss of video signal) and then positions itself as documented in the last frames of the attached videos. The video signal stops for a few seconds and then returns to the right or left sloping camera.

Video 1

same thing and more happening to me now- come on DJI sort it out
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jerophoto Posted at 2017-7-14 17:27
The five calibrations? I had no warning telling me to do them. I have done ones within DJI Go 4 though. Could you please name the 5?  thanx

Try these, at least then you know all calibrations completed:-

1) Sensors (Using DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2, latest version), usually done just after update on Assistant 2.

2) IMU (level surface, make sure it's had time to cool down if it's been powered up, say half an hour at lowest ambient temperature, a cool evening or air conditioned room below 10 degrees C helps).  
Using the newer '3D' IMU calibration routine, my last two IMU calibrations have been done at about 20C ambient air temperature. The subsequent IMU warm up time when aircraft is first powered up and initialising does not seem to have been adversley affected, and warm up time is a few seconds at most.

3) Gimbal (just after IMU).

4) RC sticks (with aircraft off).

5) And compass (in an open area (not over steel reinforced concrete), away from ferrous materials or electromagnetic interference). Get one good calibration, and that should be all that is needed until informed by system or erratic flying that needs investigation. Note that any ferrous metals very close to legs (steel frame in desk, cutlery in kitchen drawer, windowsill strengthening etc) will generate a 'compass error', this does not mean compass needs recalibration. just move the aircraft away from source of interference.
2017-7-14
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Australia

can you test filming in 4k (3840) im losing video feed and having gimbal shoot up to the right everytime i film in 4k (3840), thanks
2017-7-14
Use props
linflas
lvl.1
United States

4K is fine for me do not have the gimbal snap issue people are having, all is well on my end, have about 100 minutes of flight time since update and all is well so far.  Sorry for your troubles.
2017-7-16
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

fansb29e4285 Posted at 2017-7-13 01:03

Video 1

Got the same issue with my P4P, it seems mostly to be when taking still photos, the screen stops transmitting for a couple of seconds both via the tablet and the DJI goggles and then the legs of the drone are in view when it comes back. the camera stays off to one side for and I have to yaw the drone round in circles a few times before the gimbal will come back to some sort of centre. I also seem to have lost my HUD with the warning display, despite the fact that it is enabled in the Go App.

It's a pretty dangerous fault to the aircraft as the camera can stay out of alignment meaning that you can't really fly FPV, as your looking one way and the drone is not flying in line with the camera. So end up flying erratic courses and can get much nearer to obstacles than you would otherwise intend.

I've refreshed the firmware and recalibrated the gimbal and it's still happening. Suggestions anyone?
2017-7-16
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

Kmelx Posted at 2017-7-16 23:24
Got the same issue with my P4P, it seems mostly to be when taking still photos, the screen stops transmitting for a couple of seconds both via the tablet and the DJI goggles and then the legs of the drone are in view when it comes back. the camera stays off to one side for and I have to yaw the drone round in circles a few times before the gimbal will come back to some sort of centre. I also seem to have lost my HUD with the warning display, despite the fact that it is enabled in the Go App.

It's a pretty dangerous fault to the aircraft as the camera can stay out of alignment meaning that you can't really fly FPV, as your looking one way and the drone is not flying in line with the camera. So end up flying erratic courses and can get much nearer to obstacles than you would otherwise intend.

Ok so I've manually moved the gimbal as well as suggested in the DJI video in another thread about, manually moving the gimbal through a range of motion and that doesn't seem to have helped. I've fully reset all of the gimbal configurations and set the drone back to factory settings, recalibrated the gimbal again and every time I take a still photo the gimbal drifts to the left. I'll upload a video of it doing it, eventually I'm at work atm in the middle of a remote area with iffy internet connection.
2017-7-17
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Australia

Kmelx Posted at 2017-7-16 23:24

If you havent already email or ph DJI tech support and report your problem - the more people contacting them the more chance we have of getting the various issues with this firmware update looked at,
2017-7-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules