Bought a Replacement P4 (Activation Question)
1403 11 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

I bought a new replacement P4, Can i activate it under the same name i named the previous bird and use the same Email and  same DJI account or will i have to create new accounts (Email - DJI accounts) and rename the new bird? I just want this new bird to pick up where my last one left off at as if it were the same bird.
2017-7-9
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

There is no problem having multiple aircraft on the same account, not sure if you can give it the same name as the old one, no harm in trying though...
2017-7-9
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-9 07:14
There is no problem having multiple aircraft on the same account, not sure if you can give it the same name as the old one, no harm in trying though...

Ok thanks.  I'll just designate the birds name Felicia2, so there is no fouling of the activation.  Felicia1 most certainly  went BYE, BYE. Hahahah  Ordered it but my bank put a hold on the card sale till verification was given that i placed the order on Amazon, so fingers crossed it shows up around the 14th-20th.
2017-7-9
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2017-7-9 08:20
Ok thanks.  I'll just designate the birds name Felicia2, so there is no fouling of the activation.  Felicia1 most certainly  went BYE, BYE. Hahahah  Ordered it but my bank put a hold on the card sale till verification was given that i placed the order on Amazon, so fingers crossed it shows up around the 14th-20th.

Activation is done on the serial number so I would expect that you could give it the same name but it would still appear as a separate aircraft, which would be confusing.  "Felicia2" is a good plan.
2017-7-9
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-9 08:33
Activation is done on the serial number so I would expect that you could give it the same name but it would still appear as a separate aircraft, which would be confusing.  "Felicia2" is a good plan.

To give ya an update,  Drone came in and i did just name it Felicia 2  to avoid problems Activation went fine  updates to  the RC and AC  100% complete  zero errors until  the second reboot of the RC and the app and RC beeps says RC needs to be calibrated and it will not let me calibrate  the RC .  But start the remote it starts beeping and if i push the left stick  to the right even so slightly and the beeping stops and in the app the Calibrate RC  warning disappears  and seems to fly fine after doing that at every start up .  Not many flights yet with it but im thinking maybe if i just link my  other RC to the new bird  Maybe  i might have a flawless system.
2017-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2017-7-19 23:25
To give ya an update,  Drone came in and i did just name it Felicia 2  to avoid problems Activation went fine  updates to  the RC and AC  100% complete  zero errors until  the second reboot of the RC and the app and RC beeps says RC needs to be calibrated and it will not let me calibrate  the RC .  But start the remote it starts beeping and if i push the left stick  to the right even so slightly and the beeping stops and in the app the Calibrate RC  warning disappears  and seems to fly fine after doing that at every start up .  Not many flights yet with it but im thinking maybe if i just link my  other RC to the new bird  Maybe  i might have a flawless system.

You may already have seen this other Thread regarding RC beeping. Looks like a calibration, or a combination of RC firmware update & calibration may help.
2017-7-20
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2017-7-19 23:25
... if i push the left stick  to the right even so slightly and the beeping stops.

If the RC has entered calibration mode then maybe you should go through the full calibration procedure moving all the sticks and left wheel throughout their full range several times instead of just moving the stick slightly?
2017-7-20
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-20 03:52
If the RC has entered calibration mode then maybe you should go through the full calibration procedure moving all the sticks and left wheel throughout their full range several times instead of just moving the stick slightly?

The RC will not calibrate i go to the calibrate RC link in the app it takes me to the calibration start page  i click start and it jumps straight to finish leaving zero time to even move the sticks. but when i start the RC and it starts beeping if i move the left stick to the right  the beeping stops and the calibrate RC Prompt in the app disappears and the remote seems to work fine till the next restart....
2017-7-20
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2017-7-20 06:41
The RC will not calibrate i go to the calibrate RC link in the app it takes me to the calibration start page  i click start and it jumps straight to finish leaving zero time to even move the sticks. but when i start the RC and it starts beeping if i move the left stick to the right  the beeping stops and the calibrate RC Prompt in the app disappears and the remote seems to work fine till the next restart....

I was suggesting that you don't go into the calibration using the app since the RC is already in calibration mode waiting for you to go through the calibration movements - just go through the full calibration movements when it starts beeping...
2017-7-20
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-20 11:35
I was suggesting that you don't go into the calibration using the app since the RC is already in calibration mode waiting for you to go through the calibration movements - just go through the full calibration movements when it starts beeping...

Back with a good report, i think that was the problem.  Now when i go to the cal RC  and click the link to the start cal page it allows me to calibrate at will now. So what ever was blocking the calibration is gone and now it does with every try.
2017-7-20
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-20 00:25
You may already have seen this other Thread regarding RC beeping. Looks like a calibration, or a combination of RC firmware update & calibration may help.

Update to you Aardvark, Some how missed this post but yeah went there and left a footprint thanks for the thread. So it really has been way to hot 103 degrees with 70-80% humidity here in Illinois to stand out in shade let alone the sun. But i was playing with my Beam Bottle and the Go4 App and the remote control and i don't know if it was because of nigels input  or if it was me being drunk from my Jim Beam Bottle but i ran that calibration like at 3 in the morning and mind you i had probably ran it at least 30 times before but that time drunk on my ass running it 3 in the morning it completed fully and no more beeping. So Nigel thanks for your input and Aardvark sorry about not throwing you an update but  looks like all is good to go. getting close to sun down here now so i say lets go check it out here in about 30 more minutes. LoL......
2017-7-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2017-7-21 17:29
Update to you Aardvark, Some how missed this post but yeah went there and left a footprint thanks for the thread. So it really has been way to hot 103 degrees with 70-80% humidity here in Illinois to stand out in shade let alone the sun. But i was playing with my Beam Bottle and the Go4 App and the remote control and i don't know if it was because of nigels input  or if it was me being drunk from my Jim Beam Bottle but i ran that calibration like at 3 in the morning and mind you i had probably ran it at least 30 times before but that time drunk on my ass running it 3 in the morning it completed fully and no more beeping. So Nigel thanks for your input and Aardvark sorry about not throwing you an update but  looks like all is good to go. getting close to sun down here now so i say lets go check it out here in about 30 more minutes. LoL......

That's good news, an easy bit to miss is the wheel on the top left needs done as well as sticks. And if I remember a blue 'start calibration' icon that can be difficult to spot. Could be that Jim's got good eye-sight ;-)

So no more nagging from the RC just SWMBO :-)
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules