Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updates succeeded, but with problems. Please help.
1114 11 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NailDrivingMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I updated my I1 to the latest firmware 1.10.01.40 and then the radio through the app, then the app itself.  I had to link the two together, but now I have no maps and cannot shut off motors with the pull down and in on the sticks.  I haven't flown yet, because if it doesn't perform on the ground, I don't take it in the air.  I also did a check on the imu and it is fine.  I don't know why the map won't show or why the motors won't stop.  Please help.

Thanks, Chris
2017-7-9
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Nail drivin man ( sound like a bob Seger song )
I do  believe the option of the sticks being both pulled in and down has been changed .-It now takes over three seonds to shut the motors off this way and is used in emergencies during flight .  I for one always just  lower the throttle to all the way down and hold it when the AC is on the ground , this will stop the motors .  You may wish to just go to the simulation feature on the go app  and try this out for testing purposes.

If you just pull the throttle stick all the way down  when the AC is on the deck does it kill the motor ?  That is how I always do it .  I find you are lesss apt to tip over this way , give it a try , works great .  The down and in is only for emergencies when in flight if you need to get the motors killed in the air .  I wish they had a covered switch for that feature but have to work with what we have .

The maps should come back up if you have a internet connection to the Go app device and you have the map function "Cache " turned on in the go app.( under general settings )   Be sure to go to the map icon on your go app device and zoom in and out where you are located, then open the go app and it should work .  
*** read under #2 Whats New Below regarding 3 second motor stop
donnie

3 second motor stop .jpeg
2017-7-9
Use props
NailDrivingMan
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Donnie,I've been out of state for about the last year working long days in an urban area that wouldn't be conducive to flying, so I'm out of touch. I will try what you've suggested and report back..

Chris (Seeger)!
2017-7-9
Use props
NailDrivingMan
lvl.4
United States

NailDrivingMan Posted at 2017-7-9 06:58
Thanks Donnie,I've been out of state for about the last year working long days in an urban area that wouldn't be conducive to flying, so I'm out of touch. I will try what you've suggested and report back..

Chris (Seeger)!

Bird flies and reacts appropriately.  Motors kill when throttle alone is brought straight down.  Map cache is on, but still no maps. IPad connected to wifi, but no maps. Puzzling.

Thoughts?
2017-7-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you are making progress Chris

Try reinstall google maps App on your device and see if this fixes the map issue.  Also, you can clear the cache in general settings then reboot the device

You figured out motor stopping  (that's good)

Keep us posted
Rich
2017-7-9
Use props
NailDrivingMan
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-9 14:32
Glad you are making progress Chris

Try reinstall google maps App on your device and see if this fixes the map issue.  Also, you can clear the cache in general settings then reboot the device

Just turned everything on and noticed that g maps required location services to be turned on, so I did that first.  Next I went to go app and noticed ANOTHER firmware update is required...SHEESH!  I just updated two days ago and now not only firmware, but radio update...AGAIN. I'm hoping that these updates are required to communicate with third party software and not to fix internal DJI conflicts.  By now, I have to believe that DJI has worked all the bugs regarding internal conflicts, after all, this technology is three years old.  Let's hope.  I will do all new updates and report back.

Thanks,
Chris
2017-7-10
Use props
NailDrivingMan
lvl.4
United States

NailDrivingMan Posted at 2017-7-10 02:03
Just turned everything on and noticed that g maps required location services to be turned on, so I did that first.  Next I went to go app and noticed ANOTHER firmware update is required...SHEESH!  I just updated two days ago and now not only firmware, but radio update...AGAIN. I'm hoping that these updates are required to communicate with third party software and not to fix internal DJI conflicts.  By now, I have to believe that DJI has worked all the bugs regarding internal conflicts, after all, this technology is three years old.  Let's hope.  I will do all new updates and report back.

Thanks,

Updated radio, bird... nothing.
Removed reinstalled Google maps...still nothing.

I can't think of what else to do.

DJI, PLEASE ADVISE.
2017-7-10
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

NailDrivingMan Posted at 2017-7-10 02:03

Thanks,

NDM, just wondering , do you have a Maps Icon on the iPad ?  if so does it work properly ?  Can you zoom in  and out on current location ?  Also are you up to date on the Go app as well.

Another member had a similar problem after update and I will try to find what  solution  worked for him , If he found one .....

Can you list the "about tab" you current FW for  AC RC and Go APP ?  just want to make sure you are on compatible FW .

sounds to me like you updated but may not actually be current ...not sure thats why I want to check .  Make sure entire system is on when going to the "About "tab on go app or you wont get complete data .
*****Ok, found possible fix , delete and re install the go app seems to be the answer .  If you wish be sure to sync  your flight records ( if you wish , not mandatory )  before doing so , another member had the same problem recently .

donnie

2017-7-10
Use props
NailDrivingMan
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Donnie
I just read your response to the other post. Everything is up to date including uninstall/reinstall of G maps. I will attempt uninstall/reinstall of Go App tonight. I'll post results. Thx!
Chris
2017-7-10
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

NailDrivingMan Posted at 2017-7-10 05:53
Thanks Donnie
I just read your response to the other post. Everything is up to date including uninstall/reinstall of G maps. I will attempt uninstall/reinstall of Go App tonight. I'll post results. Thx!
Chris

Sure , I had seen this as a fix for another member and Hope it works for you .  Looks like a glitch  on some of the go app devices and Nothing you did .

Let me know

donnie
2017-7-10
Use props
NailDrivingMan
lvl.4
United States

NailDrivingMan Posted at 2017-7-10 05:53
Thanks Donnie
Chris

It appears that your fix worked, Donnie.  I have maps again.  Thanks much!

I am wondering about map cache, though.  After I got everything working, I had to repeatedly zoom in and out until the map "developed", but even after it was loaded, every time I would move laterally even a few city blocks, the map would redevelop.  I assumed that once a given area is cached, until I move a great distance away from that given area, any change in location should be fairly smooth and seamless.
2017-7-10
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

NailDrivingMan Posted at 2017-7-10 23:57
It appears that your fix worked, Donnie.  I have maps again.  Thanks much!

I am wondering about map cache, though.  After I got everything working, I had to repeatedly zoom in and out until the map "developed", but even after it was loaded, every time I would move laterally even a few city blocks, the map would redevelop.  I assumed that once a given area is cached, until I move a great distance away from that given area, any change in location should be fairly smooth and seamless.

Might be some glitch in there that DJI will need to address.  If you are using an I pad mini for example ( version 1 or 2. ,versions 3 and 4 seem to work ok ) it may not have the processing power needed to move smoothly .  Not sure but when I update mine I will test it out as well.

glad you have it working now for the most part

donnie
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules