Drone constantly 'beeping'
6122 12 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61be52f2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 935276 ft
United Kingdom

I sent my Phantom 4 back for repair having crashed it into the sea and after a huge cost (almost the same price as buying a new one) I have now received it back.

Howevere the drone itself now just continues to beep constantly. Strangely I can connect the DJI Go App to the camera of the Drone but the drone itself doesn't appear to be connecting, and there are no lights coming up on the drone.

I don't seem to be able to find anything helpful on the web, but have tried a number of things taht have been suggested, all without fixing the problem.

I have tried a firmware update using DJI Assistant 2, but that didn’t work. Got one update done but the second said "Update Failed. Upload Error Log V02.00.0106". I then tried a factory rest and that also failed!!!

Before I end up having to send it back again and no doubt wait ages, has anyone experianced this before, have any advice or suggestions?

For the price I was charged for the fix, I assumed it was a new drone I was getting and that it would have been tested before being sent back to me!

Here is a link to a 5 second video so you can hear the noise: http://www.wwwserv.co.uk/DJIP4/IMG_4236.MOV - I think the slight 'tapping' noise you can hear is interferance as I don't hear that, just the 'beeping'.

Richard

2017-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The tapping noise is the microphone picking up the sound from the ultrasonic transducer on the base of the aircraft.

As to the beeping check that you haven't inadvertently turned on the 'ESC Beeping' function in DJI Go 4. It can be found in the 'MC Settings'/'Advanced Settings' menu, down at the bottom of the list.

When on it makes a racket just like that , presumably as a warning device for those close by, or to enable it to be found in long grass etc.

Edit:- The ESC beeping function I first noticed with the new firmware just a couple of days ago.
2017-7-9
Use props
rstangroom
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks - I have found the ESC beeping information you mention, and it seems to suggest that it's on, however I am unable to change the status.
The app still suggests that the aircraft is disconnected, despite the fact i can still see the image from the camera.
2017-7-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rstangroom Posted at 2017-7-10 04:20
Thanks - I have found the ESC beeping information you mention, and it seems to suggest that it's on, however I am unable to change the status.
The app still suggests that the aircraft is disconnected, despite the fact i can still see the image from the camera.

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed. This can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-7-10
Use props
rstangroom
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks - already tried that but it didn't work.
2017-7-10
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

What firmware version in your controller? Should be 1.92, earlier versions do a disconnected dance thing if your drone is on this week's firmware.
2017-7-10
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Oh, and stick a formatted sd card in the drone when upgrading.
2017-7-10
Use props
rstangroom
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks - done all that and still all i get is constant beeping from the drone. Guess it'll have to go back to DJI
2017-7-23
Use props
justinlee97
lvl.1

Australia

Hey did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue with mine.
2018-10-28
Use props
rstangroom
lvl.1
United Kingdom

justinlee97 Posted at 2018-10-28 20:38
Hey did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue with mine.

I ended up having to send it back to DJI.
2018-10-29
Use props
justinlee97
lvl.1

Australia

rstangroom Posted at 2018-10-29 00:14
I ended up having to send it back to DJI.

Did they tell you what the issue was in the end?
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_VgR58AIPGiCM
New

United States

I totally agree! The service is absurd!!! #Never buy DJI
2018-10-29
Use props
rstangroom
lvl.1
United Kingdom

justinlee97 Posted at 2018-10-29 16:05
Did they tell you what the issue was in the end?

Not as far as I can remember but they did fix it for free.
2018-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules