Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LED lens fell off!
12Next >
5833 46 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 442011 ft
United States

So I was out flying and when I brought my Spark in to land I noticed one of the lens that covers the LED's under the motors was missing. I contacted DJI tech and they want me to send it in for repair/replacement. I hate to have the long downtime without the drone. They said they do not have just the part to send me. Anyone know of any sites that are selling parts yet?

Thanks!
2017-7-9
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
United States

image1.JPG
image1.JPG
2017-7-9
Use props
Slava
lvl.1
United States

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Happened today during hard landing due to strange glitch...
Would hate to send it. No reply from DJI yet... See here

2017-7-9
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

That sucks! Hope you're able to find the spare part without having to send it in.  From what I've heard on here, sending it in can take quite a long time before you get it back.
2017-7-9
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
United States

I really hope to find the part. Available somewhere. It took so long to get it in the first place I'd hate to send it off.
2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused, just want to verify, it's hard landing or slightly crashed?
We have reported this situation to the engineers as well.
2017-7-10
Use props
Slava
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-10 04:30
We are sorry about the inconvenience caused, just want to verify, it's hard landing or slightly crashed?

Slightly crashed! Speed up at low altitude and crashed kind of horizontally. Lost one prop and light cup.
No reply from support yet. Sent them message yesterday. The whole flight is video recorded.
2017-7-10
Use props
Slava
lvl.1
United States

Slava Posted at 2017-7-10 04:37
Slightly crashed! Speed up at low altitude and crashed kind of horizontally. Lost one prop and light cup.
No reply from support yet. Sent them message yesterday. The whole flight is video recorded.

P.S. Here is video: https://goo.gl/photos/nvg7f5xNnZWu91Rs8
2017-7-10
Use props
fans3c39ec7c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300089 ft
United States

Slava Posted at 2017-7-10 04:41

Mine has done something similar twice, but right after takeoff so I didn't have enough altitude to do any damage.  My major issue has been yesterday (5th flight) I decided to try entering Gesture Mode from the Go app.  Spark locked on to subject.  Recognized the gesture to return and began descending, but decided to shut off and fall like a rock from around 15ft.  Battery was fine, control and image transmission signals were fine.  Unit is fine other than being scratched up.  As I'm within my return period, I think I"m going to go ahead and exchange and wait for firmware updates before attempting gesture mode again.
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Slava Posted at 2017-7-10 04:41

Did you actually have to move out of the way so the Spark didn't hit you in the head?
2017-7-10
Use props
Slava
lvl.1
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 06:11
Did you actually have to move out of the way so the Spark didn't hit you in the head?

YES!
BTW just received reply from support. They asked for poof of purchase, address, etc. Will send led cup.
2017-7-10
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

Sparky Tim Posted at 2017-7-9 12:18
I really hope to find the part. Available somewhere. It took so long to get it in the first place I'd hate to send it off.

They actually improved the repair times a lot. It took them less than a week to examine, repair and test my Spark.
2017-7-10
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
United States

I did not have either. As it was coming down to land I noticed that one of the light looks much brighter. As it got closer I noticed the cap must have fallen off in flight.
2017-7-10
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same exact problem with a lost LED lens today.  Looking at it, it looks like there was hardly anything holding it on.  I will be opening a support ticket later this evening.  I hope they don't force me to send it in when it would way easier and cheaper to just send a replacement.  
2017-7-10
Use props
Euro7r
lvl.2
Canada

Are these held on by glue? Seems fragile that it'll just come off like that.  

I'm thinking of putting a few drops of super glue on around the edge for added security if this is something that can fall off over time.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Slava Posted at 2017-7-10 07:28
YES!
BTW just received reply from support. They asked for poof of purchase, address, etc. Will send led cup.

Glad to hear it will be resolved soon.
Just to verify, it performs fine after the slightly crash? If you find anything abnormally, we do suggest you to send it in for evaluation.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-7-10 15:01
I have the same exact problem with a lost LED lens today.  Looking at it, it looks like there was hardly anything holding it on.  I will be opening a support ticket later this evening.  I hope they don't force me to send it in when it would way easier and cheaper to just send a replacement.

It's never crashed, right?
How many times you flew it?
Please contact the support to report the case, they will help you on it.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sparky Tim Posted at 2017-7-10 08:48
I did not have either. As it was coming down to land I noticed that one of the light looks much brighter. As it got closer I noticed the cap must have fallen off in flight.

Sorry about that, please feel free to contact our support, they will take care of it.
I have reported this situation to engineers as well.
Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans3c39ec7c Posted at 2017-7-10 06:02
Mine has done something similar twice, but right after takeoff so I didn't have enough altitude to do any damage.  My major issue has been yesterday (5th flight) I decided to try entering Gesture Mode from the Go app.  Spark locked on to subject.  Recognized the gesture to return and began descending, but decided to shut off and fall like a rock from around 15ft.  Battery was fine, control and image transmission signals were fine.  Unit is fine other than being scratched up.  As I'm within my return period, I think I"m going to go ahead and exchange and wait for firmware updates before attempting gesture mode again.

Sorry to hear that, just to verify, you have got a replacement from your dealer?
If no, would you please export the data when it happened so we can help you analyze it?
Here are the instructions:
1. Download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it.
2. Connect the drone to your PC, run Assistant 2, then click "black box", you can get the file.
3. Then click "Upload Data--Confirm", choose the log which showing the accident, and export it.
Please upload both files to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.
2017-7-10
Use props
Trehanek
New

Hong Kong

The LED cover will not fall during a normal flight. Please refer to other LED covers to put it back if it fell off after collision . It will not affect the performance of Spark.
2017-7-11
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I guess since the Spark does not have any landing gear, this point of contact is susceptible to damage from a rough landing.
2017-7-12
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Trehanek Posted at 2017-7-11 23:09
The LED cover will not fall during a normal flight. Please refer to other LED covers to put it back if it fell off after collision . It will not affect the performance of Spark.

well not obvious performance.. but because the weight is not even.. some motors will work harder to stabilized the drone..
Mine came off once... pop it right back & its like brand new .

My question is can we buy "spares"
2017-7-12
Use props
Slava
lvl.1
United States

I received e-mail from support:
"As for the moment we are checking in our inventory if this part is available
but for now you can try to use small amount of bond tool to fastened it or check this link click here maybe it can help cover it."
Why it should be such a big deal? *Searching* inventory!
Just a small plastic cover...  Probably less than 5c to produce...  
After spending $800+ (extra battery and Care) buggy soft plunges my drone and company is checking "if this part is available".
BTW can I return everything and get my money back?  
2017-7-14
Use props
fans31ac5558
New

United States

I had one fall off today also when it shut off in mid flight and crashed from 5 ft.
2017-7-14
Use props
CHEUCKLATE
lvl.1
United States

Mine fell off too when I lost connection with the drone and it started flying with the wind. It hit a window and the lens cap popped off. I contacted US dji customer support and they seem to or are in the midst of giving me a spare part replacement. They did mention that the spark was new so parts are scarce.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans31ac5558 Posted at 2017-7-14 19:22
I had one fall off today also when it shut off in mid flight and crashed from 5 ft.

Sorry to hear that, would you please run assistant 2 to export the flight log when it happened?
The battery was off when you recovered it, right?
Here are the instructions:
1. Download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it.
2. Connect the drone to your PC, run Assistant 2, then click "black box", you can get the file.
3. Then click "Upload Data--Confirm", choose the log which shows the situation, and save it to local.
Please upload both files to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.
2017-7-15
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
United States

Natalia,

Can you please update me on the case for my missing lens?

CAS-782406-K5Q6D7
2017-7-17
Use props
fansbec9a66b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52215 ft
Canada

I had two fall off . Now there is a bunch of circuitry exposed. I do not know why I keep buying DJI stuff.
2017-7-25
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

I find it funny that when an aesthetic feature of a led cover falls off, DJI support is all over it. But when a unit flies away and crashes while using a key feature, no comments. Huh.
2017-7-25
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
United States

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-25 10:48
I find it funny that when an aesthetic feature of a led cover falls off, DJI support is all over it. But when a unit flies away and crashes while using a key feature, no comments. Huh.

I wouldnt say "all over it" I have been waiting for a long time, no sign of a replacement lens.
2017-7-25
Use props
Slava
lvl.1
United States

Sparky Tim Posted at 2017-7-25 11:09
I wouldnt say "all over it" I have been waiting for a long time, no sign of a replacement lens.

Greatly disappointed with DJI support!
After spending $800+ (including "care" and extra battery) can't get 10 cents plastic part...
Can't fly spark because don't want to damage "naked" area.

Truly buyer beware...
2017-7-27
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
United States

Just wanted to follow up on this thread to say I received the lens from DJI today and snapped it on. Spark is back to new condition!
2017-8-2
Use props
Slava
lvl.1
United States

No luck here...
2017-8-2
Use props
Lord Business
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42989 ft
United States

Ugh! I lost one a few days ago and I already have a case number, but it looks like I'll be waiting a few weeks for replacement.  Mine just fell off somewhere during a normal flight; no crash or hard landing.  
2017-8-3
Use props
fans75f71705
New
United States

Lost one of my red LED caps, too.  'caught a tree branch twig and tumbled a few feet to a carport.  'Guess I'll need to open a ticket.
2017-8-8
Use props
Lord Business
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42989 ft
United States

After not hearing anything on my case for over a week I reached out to DJI support to ask for an update.  In response I was told that the part (LED cover) is not in stock and they do not know when it will be.  

Sigh... and so the wait continues.

2017-8-10
Use props
Kent360
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

just noticed one lens cover is slightly adrift and looking closely slight break on bracket. Guess I'll just tape it for time being. Be interested to know when people get replacement parts or part number to order.
2017-8-25
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Kent360 Posted at 2017-8-25 00:43
just noticed one lens cover is slightly adrift and looking closely slight break on bracket. Guess I'll just tape it for time being. Be interested to know when people get replacement parts or part number to order.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ... +cover&_sacat=0
2017-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This might be a problem a bit harder to fix as it does  involve hardware instead of software.
I hope there is a simple cause and solution (like a different cover they can make) to fix this.
2017-8-25
Use props
heagneypr
lvl.1
United States

About $18 on Amazon for four lenses and lens rings.  RCGEEK DJI Spark Lights Drone Arm Replacement Parts, 4 Packs
2018-3-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules