High Wind Warning
1124 6 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N762CB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513970 ft
United States

Just updated the P4 & controller to the new firmware today.  My first flight I got a "high wind" warning after being 50' into the air and a warning to keep the P4 in sight.  I'm a flight instructor and I know the winds were <10  knots even at 50'.  Been flying in the same location for 8 months, etc.  Never got a high wind warning before.  What's going on and will this warning cause the P4 to do anything automatically that I cannot have control over?
2017-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like this wind warning is an added feature to the new firmware build. I had it several times yesterday and as far as I'm aware it does nothing other than give a caution. Whether it's over sensitive or not may be another question. What I would find more useful would be an indication of wind speed which I'm sure they could estimate from the amount of effort needed to keep the aircraft in position in P & S modes, while in ATTI mode could be calculated from the drift.
2017-7-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Have you done an IMU calibration on a flat surface since the update?

You can ignore the warning, but better to solve the problem if there is a problem.  
2017-7-9
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Getting this quite regularly now too. A lot of other people have as well I believe.
2017-7-9
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have it all the time with the old version so it is nothing new. It is activated when the gyro's start working  rapidly to compensate for the movement caused by a decent wind. 10 PPH is about right. It is sensitive and it is just a caution as your window on your tablet states. Not to worry.
2017-7-9
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Yep...   Since updating the firmware, I get the wind warning every time I fly.

This morning there was NO wind..  The leaves on the treetops weren't even rustling.    Yet the warning kept popping up.   I realize I can ignore it, but it gets annoying seeing it appear every 5 minutes or so on every flight.  It's distracting.

2017-7-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me too... never saw it before... got it several times today (with the drone sitting perfectly still above my head) with pretty much no wind whatsoever.  I've seen my drone lean in to the wind at nearly 30 degrees this past year and never saw a wind warning.
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules