Shutter speed & gimble pan alter caused Gimble freak out
717 3 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Have been reading a lot of people have experienced a gimble freak out recently and up until today I had not had the pleasure of this happening.

Today I was hovering trying to slightly adjust shutter for overexposure and the camera and video feed freaked out, all was what looks to be some form of reset happening
All the details re camera, ev, sd card, etc just showed as N/A whilst this was going on.

Luckily it wasn't far from me and I could see it in the air, whilst it was happening I tried to bring it back so I turned to the home line on the map and hit forward
To my surprise as it was coming back on the line it also looked to be going slightly off course......then all of a sudden the camera settled, details were back on the screen, all I was doing was turning the shutter speed dial on the right of the remote and the gimbal pan down and it caused it to freak...

Luckily it remained in my controll flight wise and I brought it back and even though 60% battery made me land it and call it a day....
Looks like the mavic just decides by itself to auto calibrate gimbal in flight.....
As lots of people are reporting this I think it would be good for DJI to acknowledge this issue and work to iron the bug out asap.

2017-7-9
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I had this happen to me twice yesterday (reported in another thread) with two different batteries. I did a IMU calibration, gimnball calibration and compass calibration. I flew today and did not have the issue. I am not sure what is up but as you say lets hope DJI will address this issue soon.
2017-7-9
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

rreindl Posted at 2017-7-9 10:22
I had this happen to me twice yesterday (reported in another thread) with two different batteries. I did a IMU calibration, gimnball calibration and compass calibration. I flew today and did not have the issue. I am not sure what is up but as you say lets hope DJI will address this issue soon.

I sure hope it's not some change for spark or goggles in the coding causing it, seems to an increase in posted issues since .900 rolled out.... would like to have this expensive Drone safe in the Sky, if the gimbal can freak out, that means it's possible for other things like compass, IMU, gps, and critical things needed to bring it down safely could do also which isn't good on something of this cost.

On the same day as the gimble problem I had I also noticed for the very first time it wasn't going straight for a few seconds on stick forward also (no wind)

I looked at my flight record on the app for when it happened and that also has a missing few seconds/time halts...while the gimble issue was happening....
2017-7-9
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

It happened to me yesterday again with about 5 or so flights of it not occurring. Again the video just stopped recording then the gimball freaked out. My Mavic was only about 20 feet away and I did not notice any flight issues and only realized the gimball freaked out because my front LED's turned on (i.e. video stopped recording). I was able to start recording after about three times pushing the record button. The video did show a wavy image then went back to normal.

DJI, Is this a known issue? Will a future firmware fix this?
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules