Anyone has experience Travel to Thailand with inspire 2 ?
835 9 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
9peow
lvl.1

United States

Plan to take 3 weeks vacation to Thailand with my inspire 2. Don't know much about drone law. But after google, here what I've found:-
You must  have a proof of insurance for your drone to gain access to register and get your license to fly in Thailand. Any suggestion?
2017-7-9
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe you will have issues since the I2 is over 2KGs in weight and a license is required which will be time consuming to get. Below 2KG you can fly without any license, although must adhere to the common sense rules of not flying close to people or property
2017-7-11
Use props
9peow
lvl.1

United States

JBInspire Posted at 2017-7-11 02:26
I believe you will have issues since the I2 is over 2KGs in weight and a license is required which will be time consuming to get. Below 2KG you can fly without any license, although must adhere to the common sense rules of not flying close to people or property

Thanks JB  Seem to be I don't have much choice. To be sure my I2 it with me when I come back, it a must  follow the drone law in Thailand and basic common sense when fly. Tomorrow I will contact CAAT ( Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand)  then go from there.
2017-7-11
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

9peow Posted at 2017-7-11 05:07
Thanks JB  Seem to be I don't have much choice. To be sure my I2 it with me when I come back, it a must  follow the drone law in Thailand and basic common sense when fly. Tomorrow I will contact CAAT ( Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand)  then go from there.

Let us know how you get on. I am going there in five weeks, although not planning on taking the I2...
2017-7-11
Use props
9peow
lvl.1

United States

JBInspire Posted at 2017-7-11 08:12
Let us know how you get on. I am going there in five weeks, although not planning on taking the I2...

Got hook up with Thai Drone Insurance (1 company that I know) in past week, they asked me to show them how to basic control i2, and I did sent them a VDO (shoot with my P4 pro).  Ended up I have to pay 6,440 THB = 192.58 USD. To get my i2 cover for 1 full year, even though I only plan to stay there for 3 weeks. So I have to take it. But I have been warned it may take up to 2 months to get a drone license(due to Thailand Drone Laws). I think I have enough time.
2017-7-23
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

9peow Posted at 2017-7-23 17:04
Got hook up with Thai Drone Insurance (1 company that I know) in past week, they asked me to show them how to basic control i2, and I did sent them a VDO (shoot with my P4 pro).  Ended up I have to pay 6,440 THB = 192.58 USD. To get my i2 cover for 1 full year, even though I only plan to stay there for 3 weeks. So I have to take it. But I have been warned it may take up to 2 months to get a drone license(due to Thailand Drone Laws). I think I have enough time.

Many thanks for the update and good luck with your trip!
2017-7-24
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

9peow Posted at 2017-7-23 17:04

After spending a lot of time in Thailand and having an office in Bangkok you are going to get very frustrated.You need someone there who can look after the right people to get your license.I own a winery and brought wine into Thailand for 5-star hotels .It was very frustrating until we helped things a long a bit with cash.It is not like the US and unless you are on it, you will be so disappointed .Please do not get your hopes up to much.  
2017-7-24
Use props
9peow
lvl.1

United States

Discover my LowePro DroneGuard   legs' cover soon would rip, so I attached a plastic clip at the edge of it.
2017-7-27
Use props
9peow
lvl.1

United States

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG
IMG_2823.JPG
IMG_2824.JPG
2017-7-27
Use props
9peow
lvl.1

United States

Finally my i2 got it cover by Drone Thai Insurance, and  ready to get my drone licence from CAAT ( Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand) . It's may take a month or 2 to get it. Still have enough time.
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules