Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected"
7050 35 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manfredo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good day all - today I wa sout flying my Mavic and for the first time, received the following error "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected"  I'd had been flying for about 50 minutes when the error came up (3rd battery). My video got extremely choppy and almost DJI Go 4 was barely usable. I'm not sure what triggered this, I'm using a 32GB iPad mini 3 with 19GB free. I checked and no other apps other than DJI Go 4 were running (this ipad mini is only used for flying the Mavic). Seems like restarting DJI Go 4 solved the problem for now.

Thsi is the first time I've ever seen this error and I have always used this ipad mini to fly a P4 and a Mavic, seems like this was recently introduced in an update. Has anyone else seen this and have any idea what may cause this error?
2017-7-9
Use props
oW3F3MhE61EE
New
Flight distance : 359354 ft
United States

I had the exact same thing happen today.  Restarted, flew an additional 40 minutes or so with no recurrence.
2017-7-9
Use props
FlyHighX
lvl.1
United States

I have had this issue as well.  Also using an ipad 4 mini.  Curious to see what comes of this issue.
2017-7-9
Use props
DJL
First Officer
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

I emailed dji about the warning message...
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" They asked me to send them screen shots of my software and firmware versions in the about section of the dji4 go app also screen shots of the warnings. I did so and this was the reply...

In regards to your DJI Product / Mavic PRO - Warning Message. Thank you for providing pictures, we recommend to wipe-out all DJI applications on your IOS device and restart-it then-after if you have a third party device cleaner process-it then again download the DJI Go 4 Application here (DJI Go 4 Application) or from Apple Store and start-up the unit and do calibrations (IMU/Gimbal/Sensor/Remote Controller) before starting the motors. We hope that these instructions will help you fix the issue.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri. 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Email: support.us@dji.com / support@dji.com

I was using an iPad mini 4 128GB cellular version. I will do some test flight after I do what they recommended and post it tomorrow. I hope this works, keep your fingers crossed!!!  
2017-7-10
Use props
manfredo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJL Posted at 2017-7-10 07:54
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" They asked me to send them screen shots of my software and firmware versions in the about section of the dji4 go app also screen shots of the warnings. I did so and this was the reply...

Thanks for the details! I'm going to try it this afternoon as well and see if that helps.
2017-7-10
Use props
beamerbuilder1-
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2015899 ft
  • >>>
United States

What was the Temp? Mine did it when it was 95 degrees. Maybe it's heat related.
2017-7-17
Use props
Icewave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445804 ft
Italy

Hi all, i have same issue last week with my iPad mini after firmware upgrade, check also this thread : https://forum.dji.com/thread-100636-3-1.html , may help, i hope dji r&d solve the problem quickly.
2017-7-17
Use props
jeffb
New
United States

So i downgraded the app to 4.1.2 and it was pretty stable up until the low battery warning started. The CPU then pegged again and video got choppy. I can try 4.1.0 as those are the only three i have available to test with. Ipad mini 4 - mavic pro

2017-7-18
Use props
DJL
First Officer
United States

DJL Posted at 2017-7-10 07:54

Well I flew a few flights and the problem STILL EXISTS.  I again contacted support and waiting for a reply.
What is really needed is an app update that will correct this issue!!!
It's frustrating trying to fly with this bug!!!
Dji do something!!!
2017-7-19
Use props
Jpap81
lvl.1

Hungary

I also have faced this problem several times on iPhones 6s , latest app and firmware.
2017-7-19
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229596 ft
United States

I got a Spark about a month ago, and just got a Mavic today.  The only experience I have with the DJI Go app is the latest version, and I've always gotten this 'CPU fully loaded' error.  I've tried using an iPhone 5s, iPad Mini 2, and iPhone 6s+.  The devices will get pretty hot and the app becomes slow to respond.  I take it this is something that's recently afflicted the app and that the devices I'm using shouldn't be exhibiting this behavior?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi all,
The reminder of "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected"is a new app feature, which can detect the usage of the CPU for the mobile device. It will pop up when the CPU of the mobile fully loaded. The decoding performance of image transmission and signal transmission will be affected and the IOS devices will warm up. It is recommended to prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight  with a sunshade or a monitor hood when the mobile device is used in summer. Otherwise, the mobile devices may warm up and the CPU may underclock or be fully loaded, which affects flying experiences.
2017-7-24
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-24 19:06
Hi all,
The reminder of "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected"is a new app feature, which can detect the usage of the CPU for the mobile device. It will pop up when the CPU of the mobile fully loaded. The decoding performance of image transmission and signal transmission will be affected and the IOS devices will warm up. It is recommended to prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight  with a sunshade or a monitor hood when the mobile device is used in summer. Otherwise, the mobile devices may warm up and the CPU may underclock or be fully loaded, which affects flying experiences.

Thanks, Susan.  From what I've read here and in other forums, it seems that this error is only affecting iOS devices, and seems that it's only started just recently.  I've also seen the error when using my device indoors, out of sunlight, and in an air conditioned room.

If the error is normal and not related to changes in a recent update, is it correct to say that a higher end device than the iPhone 6S+ is needed to use the DJI Go app without having performance issues?
2017-7-24
Use props
Stjinkyfeet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

this is a bug in DJI Go 4.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-100636-1-1.html

DJI Mindy states,
"Hi All, the response in 47# is from our R&D engineer. It's a new feature to detect the CPU usage of mobile device.The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO 4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it will be revised at next release. Appreciate your patience and understanding."
and
"The post on 153# is from our R&D engineer, we have been aware of this issue and is working on it, your patience would be highly appreciated."
and
"Sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on it, and the new version APP will be released very soon, appreciate your patience."
and
"I cannot provide the date because we have no idea either. It's just a reminder, please put the RC and mobile device in shade place during flight."

so this to me is clear admission that this "new app feature" as DJI Susan put it, is seriously flawed and rendering some devices completely inoperable with the latest firmware and version of DJI Go. And not only that, DJI has removed the ability to go back to prior firmware or app versions to help resolve the issue. Patience is important, but only if it fixes the issue. Its been going on for some time with no end in sight for many.
2017-7-24
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

I just had an update for DJI Go show up in the iOS App Store.  Maybe that'll fix it.  I'll find out tomorrow, I guess.
2017-7-24
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

New version 4.1.4. I use the iPhone 5s and the Mavic. After flying for 30 minutes no message about 'Device CPU Overloaded'. Looks like DJI solved the problem.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-24 19:14
Thanks, Susan.  From what I've read here and in other forums, it seems that this error is only affecting iOS devices, and seems that it's only started just recently.  I've also seen the error when using my device indoors, out of sunlight, and in an air conditioned room.

If the error is normal and not related to changes in a recent update, is it correct to say that a higher end device than the iPhone 6S+ is needed to use the DJI Go app without having performance issues?

The warning is only available in iOS app for now. It may pop up in DJI GO 4 for iOS v.4.1.2 and later and DJI GO for iOS v3.1.12 and later. It is closely related with the mobile performance, high-end devices may reduce such issues.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Stjinkyfeet Posted at 2017-7-24 20:01
this is a bug in DJI Go 4.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-100636-1-1.html

I completely understand your situation, I would feel the same if I were on your shoes. May I know which mobile do you use? How about the iOS version and APP version? Does the issue appeare very often? We appreciate for your feedback and would like to do further analysis.
2017-7-24
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

NavigatorNL Posted at 2017-7-24 21:26
New version 4.1.4. I use the iPhone 5s and the Mavic. After flying for 30 minutes no message about 'Device CPU Overloaded'. Looks like DJI solved the problem.

That's great to hear, as an iPhone 5S is my preferred device for portability reasons.  Would you normally have gotten the message after 30 minutes, and did the performance remain smooth?
2017-7-25
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

Well I just tried it with an iPhone 5S and got the CPU fully loaded message within 20 seconds of starting.  Before this error was added, has it always been the case that the 5S would get pretty hot and become a bit choppy?  If my expectations for an iPhone 5S are out of line, I guess I could get something else, or use my main phone which is a 6S+, but I'd rather not have to.
2017-7-25
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Try turning off video caching to the phone in DJI GO4.  Not 100% certain this solves it but it makes sense that this would reduce workload on the phone and since I did that, no more high CPU messages for me.
2017-7-25
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-7-25 08:34
Try turning off video caching to the phone in DJI GO4.  Not 100% certain this solves it but it makes sense that this would reduce workload on the phone and since I did that, no more high CPU messages for me.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I actually turned it off a few weeks ago when troubleshooting it with the Spark.  I'm confident it's not related to ambient temperature, but I suppose the app could be working the device hard enough to get it to thermal throttle.  
2017-7-25
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-25 08:55
Thanks for the recommendation, but I actually turned it off a few weeks ago when troubleshooting it with the Spark.  I'm confident it's not related to ambient temperature, but I suppose the app could be working the device hard enough to get it to thermal throttle.

One more thing is to reboot to make sure that nothing other the DJI Go is active on the iPhone.  (I also put it in airplane mode so it's not busy trying to pull down email or monitor blue tooth.)
2017-7-25
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-7-25 11:38
One more thing is to reboot to make sure that nothing other the DJI Go is active on the iPhone.  (I also put it in airplane mode so it's not busy trying to pull down email or monitor blue tooth.)

Yep, done both.  DJI Go is the only 3rd party app installed on the phone, it's in airplane mode, and there's nothing else configured that would use background processes (no mail, texting, news, etc).
2017-7-25
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-25 11:48
Yep, done both.  DJI Go is the only 3rd party app installed on the phone, it's in airplane mode, and there's nothing else configured that would use background processes (no mail, texting, news, etc).

I am surprised you still get this warning. Do also see the disruption to the video feed on the display? Which iPhone is it?
2017-7-25
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-7-25 12:09
I am surprised you still get this warning. Do also see the disruption to the video feed on the display? Which iPhone is it?

iPhone 5S is my preferred device, but I also have an iPad Mini 2 and an iPhone 6s+.  I've seen it on all of them, but the 5S is the only one that's been stripped down just for flying.  I haven't seen the distorted colors issue that some have mentioned, but the video feed can get a bit choppy and the UI gets a little laggy.
2017-7-25
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

The 5S would makes sense to possibly have some issues since it has the weakest processor of all the iPhones on the list.  I got the warning on my iPhone6 (before turning off my video cache) but didn't notice any video issues or other performance issues.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans53ebb519
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612858 ft
United States

The CPU issue Happened to me a few days ago. I'm using a iPhone 6s Plus Running IOS 11 Beta. Latest app firmware is installed. I wasn't to concerned since I'm using a beta IOS and it is very buggy just dong normal tasks. But now I see it may also be in the App firmware also.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJL
First Officer
United States

DJL Posted at 2017-7-19 12:15
Well I flew a few flights and the problem STILL EXISTS.  I again contacted support and waiting for a reply.
What is really needed is an app update that will correct this issue!!!
It's frustrating trying to fly with this bug!!!

I did a few flights today and did not have the "Device CPU fully loaded..." warnings . So far the IOS  djigo4 app version 4.1.4 seem to be better.
The temperature was 89 F and my ipad mini 4 128 GB cellular had no problems. Video transmission was clear and had no glitches. It did get warm but not hot.
I will fly more tomorrow and will post again with an update.
2017-7-26
Use props
virtguy
lvl.4
United States

I flew about 25 minutes tonight using an iPhone 5S with both the Mavic and Spark.  It was about 89º for me, too, and I didn't get the CPU warning at all.  The phone was warm, but I don't think it was as warm as it had been in the past.  The video stayed smooth and the UI seemed more responsive.  Used around 19% on the phone battery, but the phone is fairly old.

Will need to test more and try with the iPad as well, but it does feel like an improvement so far.
2017-7-28
Use props
DJL
First Officer
United States

Today I watched an interesting video by "Drone Valley" about devices we use to fly our drones. It explains why some of the problems we have with the dji go 4 app exists.   
It's an interesting video to view, and to me, a must watch if your not using the CrystalSky dji's dedicated monitor.
"The Real Reason Your Device Won't Run DJI Go4 and How To Fix It"

I hope this helps!!!
2017-8-9
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You need to use the latest release from IOS like IPHONE10. I use to use IPHONE 7 with no problem until I started using it with MP2PRO and it gave the same error. The error stopped when I used the IPHONE 10 MAX dedicated with only 2 apps GO4 and UAV FORCEAST.
2018-10-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

The Mavic 2 version of the app has more features. Thus requiring a device with more power. If they enabled Augmented Reality for Tapfly like the P4P has, GO 4 will tax your system even more, for example. I upgraded to the best device I could to help future-proof it.

*Also be sure to turn off charging from the R/C. That causes more heat.
2018-10-16
Use props
manfredo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just an update for everyone. I still use my iPad Mini 3 to fly and on the latest version of DJI GO 4 I rarely see the message nowadays, I've seen it once since flying my Mavic 2 and what I do is to simply reset my iPad and all comes back up with no errors. So far, works like a charm. I just do a reset (pwr+home) until the Apple logo comes up and then wait for a couple of mins for the dveice to boot up.
2018-10-16
Use props
Jhi-Mhi Superfy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28268 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-24 19:06
Hi all,

It’s winter time and I have not flown my Mavic Mini but only hovered it for a few minutes when CPU overload message popped up on my iPad mini 4. It started doing it after the latest firmware update.
2019-12-15
Use props
Moby1Kenobi
Flight distance : 33766 ft
United States

I've gotten this same message flying a Mini2 with an iPhone7 after just 5 minutes of flying. It was very unsettling & made me end my flight prematurely out of an abundance of caution. I plan to fly again tonight to try for some sunset photos & worry it will happen again. For the record, all my devices are running the latest updated opertional softwares.
2021-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules