Trouble Shooting Monitor Dropout with Inspire 1
852 4 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hamish73
New

New Zealand

Hi I have a 2012 Ipad Mini ( see details below ) which keeps dropping the signal when using as a monitor on the Inspire 1 with the x5 raw camera.
It will drop out, then go to a green banded screen then re link and I'll get an image briefly before it drops out again.

Any help on whether I need to get a new monitor ( if so whats best ) or whether I need to tweak settings would be miuch appreciated.
Apple ME276X - iPad mini 2nd Gen Wi-Fi 16GB

2017-7-9
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok, first I would look and make sure you dont have any wires crimped  on the system .  You will want to look at the 2 flat cables that go from the vibration board to the Aircraft , make sure they are pristine and securely  seated into the Molex connector Then the mesh connection between the Gimmbal and the Vibration board pins, where  they  lock together  .   If this all checks out then I would look at this tips page I have for other ideas.
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

Now lately , I have seen this many times with the I pad Minis ( up to version 3, the 4 seems to get by ) ,  they may have worked in the past but as the GO ap requirers mor power the I pad Minis just can't keep up .

If you  can get hold of an iPad /air Or Pro, something with at least an A8- A-10 processor and test it out .  I personally have an I pad Pro , standard size with GPS and Cell ( cell not activated comes with the GPS )  and 256 GB. and Have never had a problem , More than likely this will be your solution but be sure to go over my tips page first .

donnie
2017-7-10
Use props
fans50599bba
New
United Kingdom

I was using a Google Nexus 9 with my inspire and all was good to about a year then all of a sudden the picture started freezing and although the drone was still fully controllable the screen was stuck on the last image it viewed. I came to the conclusion I had choked my Nexus with apps,music,films etc n it was struggling to cope with the complexities of the inspire. I bought a cheap Lenovo 7inch tab 16gb and now use it exclusively or the drone. so far all is good and the last 3 flights have worked with no repitition of the earlier problem. Time will tell.
2017-7-10
Use props
hamish73
New

New Zealand

Super - thanks heaps for both of these pieces of advice.  We've checked the wiring and monitoring works fine with other devices, so I'm thinking we'll just need to upgrade our ipad situation.
2017-7-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scotty, I need more power!  

I think it is time to upgrade your device as the Go App is getting more power dependent...

Rich
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules