2445 39 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I lost image transmission on my P4P+ at only 1.3 kilometres yesterday. This was in the open desert. Not much better than my P3S!
The transmission range also seems to be severely degraded after the last firmware update, and I am getting much less distance than before (4+ kilometres).

I also get a constant 'stong interference' warning (again, out in the open desert).

It drops from 4-5 bars signal strength down to zero, whereas before it would often just gradually reduce (as distance increased).

My Mavic has no issues whatsoever.

Is this a deliberate change by DJI? Or will it be reverted back to normal with the next firmware?
2017-7-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Of course it is deliberate. DJI are quite conciously trying to destroy their own business by wrecking their software. BTW, they also were responsible for killing JFK.
2017-7-9
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-9 20:49
Of course it is deliberate. DJI are quite conciously trying to destroy their own business by wrecking their software. BTW, they also were responsible for killing JFK.

And they also know what happened to Harold Holt.
2017-7-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-9 21:18
And they also know what happened to Harold Holt.

Nah, that's not new, he was taken by a Russian submarine, everyone knows that.
2017-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-9 20:49

And there's me thinking you were going to say Bobby Ewing, a bit like P4 firmware release ....."Pam woke up to find it was only a dream"
2017-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a 2-3 second black screen when using latest build for P4 In a one hour flight in an open rural area. Obviously totally different setup, but screen black-out perhaps something to be aware of. I doubt very much they would reduce the power, but it could be a bug....

Edit :- this was at 841 feet range.
2017-7-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-9 23:25
I had a 2-3 second black screen when using latest build for P4 In a one hour flight in an open rural area. Obviously totally different setup, but screen black-out perhaps something to be aware of. I doubt very much they would reduce the power, but it could be a bug....

Edit :- this was at 841 feet range.

I rather suspect they are struggling at present to try and shut the door on hacks.
2017-7-10
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-10 02:36
I rather suspect they are struggling at present to try and shut the door on hacks.

I was thinking along the same line, but then they should come clean about it, there should be nothing to be ashamed of in that...
2017-7-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-10 02:36

Good point, and quite feasible I suppose, but I think they'd probably be banging their heads against a brick wall. They could always introduce a 'Registry' like MS did in an attempt to combat things. Then they'd need to move up a few more cores on their processors

Anyway simplest hack of the lot would probably be the tin foil hat.
2017-7-10
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

No range issues on mine with the latest firmware. Same as always. I always use 5.8Ghz for video though. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections will interfere with 2.4Ghz. Even out on the desert, a person could have their phone trying to connect very loudly to the Bluetooth interface on the car, or at least has Bluetooth looking to connect to other devices. You never know where 2.4Ghz may come from. If you are getting interference messages most likely you are running 2.4Ghz.
2017-7-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-10 02:45
I was thinking along the same line, but then they should come clean about it, there should be nothing to be ashamed of in that...

I have been on this forum for quite some time, and DJI have never historically 'come clean' about anything. They don't even discusss what they are up to. And that is also understandable.
2017-7-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-10 04:01
A question:  Obviously I'm not on the latest firmware on any of my birds but, for people mocking & making light of those experiencing extreme range reduction with the latest apps/firmware, do any of you guys fly long distance?  If so have you noticed a reduction in performance?

I've seen a P4P fly 4+ miles over Baltimore with near perfect signal.  Now the same P4P, on the identical route, won't maintain signal for a mile & a half.  This isn't an isolated example.  Naturally people are going to be upset & suspicious when they see their range reduced by more than half.

Given the long flights you undertake, I would be more likely to listen to your experience than many others. But don't you mostly fly those long missions on P3 aircraft?
2017-7-10
Use props
dronestarvision
lvl.1
United States

I have had my P4P+ for about 3 months and I live in the Nevada desert. I have flown all over the desert, Galveston Texas and all over Southern California. I constantly lose transmission just under one mile or 5000 feet distance. I only fly in 2.4 Ghz range because in rural area most microwave radio towers are 5.8Ghz. I know this because I work on those towers. I have only had one flight since the new update and I wasn't even able to make it to 3000 feet before getting image transmission issues. The area I was flying in I was the only one there for miles and there definitely wasn't any WiFi interference. I have tried range extenders and nothing works. Am I doing something wrong or did I just get a jacked up remote?
2017-7-10
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

dronestarvision Posted at 2017-7-10 16:13
I have had my P4P+ for about 3 months and I live in the Nevada desert. I have flown all over the desert, Galveston Texas and all over Southern California. I constantly lose transmission just under one mile or 5000 feet distance. I only fly in 2.4 Ghz range because in rural area most microwave radio towers are 5.8Ghz. I know this because I work on those towers. I have only had one flight since the new update and I wasn't even able to make it to 3000 feet before getting image transmission issues. The area I was flying in I was the only one there for miles and there definitely wasn't any WiFi interference. I have tried range extenders and nothing works. Am I doing something wrong or did I just get a jacked up remote?

Hi at least you have the option of 2.4 or 5.8. My P4P is stuck in 2.4 and wont budge unless i use a manual setting which I do not use.
2017-7-11
Use props
dronestarvision
lvl.1
United States

picky Posted at 2017-7-11 02:15
Hi at least you have the option of 2.4 or 5.8. My P4P is stuck in 2.4 and wont budge unless i use a manual setting which I do not use.

I actually partially fixed my issues yesterday afternoon after commenting on this post. After reading through the forum and other searches I decided to change my image transmission setting from auto to manual. Once I made some manual setting changes I was able to fly to about 11,000 ft(almost 2miles) in town. So I can't wait to go try it out in the middle of the desert, mountains or ocean now to see my actual results. The weird thing was even though I was able to fly further with the change of settings, I still lost control of my drone at least 3 times during the same flight. It regained connection all three times and I was able to fly further each time after it reconnected.
2017-7-11
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the P4P, iPad Mini 4, all latest software/firmware:
I cannot change transmission settings from AUTO to CUSTOM. It's stuck in AUTO. But I can change between 2.4 and 5.8.
I'm trying this at home. iPad is disconnected from WiFi. Can't test in the field right now.
Anyone else having this problem?
01.jpg
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Is the drone triggered the RTH? Have you tried the 5.8 G, like post 11# mentioned? If yes, how is it going?
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-11 14:37
I cannot change transmission settings from AUTO to CUSTOM. It's stuck in AUTO. But I can change between 2.4 and 5.8.
I'm trying this at home. iPad is disconnected from WiFi. Can't test in the field right now.

Eric , what is the version of the APP? Could you please post a pic of the "About" page? Have you tried other mobile devices?
2017-7-13
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-13 00:56
Eric , what is the version of the APP? Could you please post a pic of the "About" page? Have you tried other mobile devices?

Thanks!

Here is the screen shot from the iPad:

iPad.jpg
2017-7-13
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-13 00:56

This is how it looks with Google Pixel XL, Android 7.1.2.

There is no option to switch channel modes:

Android2.jpg
Android.jpg
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-13 15:05
This is how it looks with Google Pixel XL, Android 7.1.2.

There is no option to switch channel modes:

Thanks for your info, I've forwarded it to our engineers,  will get back to you once I heard from them.
2017-7-13
Use props
Holx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-13 18:23
Thanks for your info, I've forwarded it to our engineers,  will get back to you once I heard from them.

Hi
I have the same problem
I can switch between 2.4 and 5.8 ghz but no manual channel selection
And absolutely horrible video transmision with half size video, green scren etc

But when I connect an hdmi monitor over the optional hdmi port, I have a clean signal at the same time

I think that means the transmission is in fact ok, but possibly the connection from remote to ipad causes the glitches?

Anyone else seeing this coincidence between the transmmisson problems and the optional hdmi port?

Thanks
Holger
2017-7-13
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Double post.
2017-7-15
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-13 00:53
Is the drone triggered the RTH? Have you tried the 5.8 G, like post 11# mentioned? If yes, how is it going?

I tried 5.8 ghz today and had the same result as 2.4 ghz, I.e. Get to 2+kilometers and then quickly lose signal and RTH triggered. Didn't establish solid reconnection until1.2 kilometers from home during the RTH so was kinda scary. Took my mavic out straight after and got 3.2 kilometres with no issues whatsoever. Only turned back when I was worried about the wind.
2017-7-15
Use props
Holx
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Yes sorry for that. But it might need more than a triple post until DJI reacts in any way
2017-7-15
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-11 14:37

Yes I have a similar issue. When I fly out in the country it sets itself on 5.8 and the HD is only 1 or 2 bars and sometimes disappears altogether when only 100mts away. Turned everything on at home in a suburb and it shows 2.4 with no option for 5.8. I just can't figure this out.
2017-7-15
Use props
Holx
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

After finding some info in this and other forums, I´m pretty shure now that the optional hdmi module that is installed in my p4pro causes the transmission problems.

This problem was happenning to a lot of people about a year ago.

Then it was fixed with a firmware update ,

I think it´s broken again
2017-7-16
Use props
Calson
lvl.1
United States

Difficult situation for customers as DJI is not doing its own internal software change testing (or at least not doing it in a professional manner with testing scripts and software) but they are instead relying on their customers to find bugs and report them. At the very least DJI should make it easy for customers to roll back the code to an earlier version and then they can decide if the gain is worth the pain with a new release.

I have aircraft firmware 01.02.304 released 12-09-2016 and my only option is to go to V01.04.0602 with its onerous NFZ and DJI Go login restrictions so I am staying with the level of functionality and the problems of the code released 7 months ago.
2017-7-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Has the problem with the HD signal been reported as a bug?
I was flying this morning and it had set itself on 2.4 full bars then for some reason it just changed to 5.8 with one bar. When I first started everything up, I went to custom and selected 2.4 but somehow it just decided to change it. How could the firmware decide that 1 bar in 5.8 is better than full bars in 2.4.
2017-7-18
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-13 18:23

Hello Diana,
is there any feedback from your engineers?
Thx   Eric
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-27 10:38
Hello Diana,
Thx   Eric

Eric, our engineers are looking into it now, I've escalated it , will get back to you soon, sorry for the delay.
2017-7-28
Use props
EduBaeta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543885 ft
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-28 01:16
Eric, our engineers are looking into it now, I've escalated it , will get back to you soon, sorry for the delay.

I'm having the same issue with P4 ADV.
I'm flying in the same route that I have flew with my old P4 and I can not get distance more than 2.0km (5 km with P4 has gone easy, no issue of signal).

When I get 2km distance, my signal HD starts intermittent.

I'm very disappointed with P4 ADV, wasted my money.
2017-7-28
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi, the custom option is default to be blocked in Europe because of the politics. Hope for your understanding.
2017-7-28
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Capo Posted at 2017-7-10 08:43
No range issues on mine with the latest firmware. Same as always. I always use 5.8Ghz for video though. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections will interfere with 2.4Ghz. Even out on the desert, a person could have their phone trying to connect very loudly to the Bluetooth interface on the car, or at least has Bluetooth looking to connect to other devices. You never know where 2.4Ghz may come from. If you are getting interference messages most likely you are running 2.4Ghz.

How do you set it for 5.8Ghz for video?
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-27 10:38
Hello Diana,
Thx   Eric

Eric, Our R&D engineers replied you at 35#, please check it.
2017-7-30
Use props
LeftotRight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355945 ft
Australia

Hi all,
New to the forum and it looks like I've joined at a rough time. I updated my P4P to the latest firmware and after finding out I needed to install the latest version of the DJI GO App, wish the instructions had included that little gem, I got to fly further than 45m. Tested out today and had no issues with signal/video at all, as opposed to earlier firmware versions where I had regular video drop-outs at only 500m. Issue I now have though is the video as recorded is very stuttery and seems to pause for periods, which it never did before. Has anybody else experienced this?  Should mention this occurred at close range also. I have also noticed the drone seems a bit edgy, which is a topic of another thread. Any advice would be appreciated.
2017-7-30
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

LeftotRight Posted at 2017-7-30 03:21
Hi all,
New to the forum and it looks like I've joined at a rough time. I updated my P4P to the latest firmware and after finding out I needed to install the latest version of the DJI GO App, wish the instructions had included that little gem, I got to fly further than 45m. Tested out today and had no issues with signal/video at all, as opposed to earlier firmware versions where I had regular video drop-outs at only 500m. Issue I now have though is the video as recorded is very stuttery and seems to pause for periods, which it never did before. Has anybody else experienced this?  Should mention this occurred at close range also. I have also noticed the drone seems a bit edgy, which is a topic of another thread. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm getting similar. Particularly if I fly long range and lose signal, and it doesn't seem to be able to properly regain the signal:

2017-8-1
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It's just a plain and simple drop out of signal perfectly normal. If you increase your altitude you'll have less problems.

Regards
2017-8-1
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dan my reply was for the original post. You on the other hand have a problem.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans03941059
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules