New firmware for Inspire 1 is Available (10/07/2017)
12Next >
24395 53 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v01.11.01.50.
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.13.
3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v V3.1.8.

What’s New:
1. Updated No Fly Zone Management.
2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft

Notes:
1. Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
2. Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
3. Aircraft version v01.11.01.50 and camera version v01.10.01.40 should be displayed in DJI GO. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.
4. Remote controller version v1.7.80 or above should be used together. Make sure you update the remote controller to version v1.7.80 or above.

2017-7-10
Use props
bety
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097644 ft
Vietnam

Camera version is v01.11.1.50 not v01.10.01.40.
2017-7-10
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated No Fly Zone Management.  Exactly what does this mean?
2017-7-12
Use props
Fernando_Mutis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7103 ft
Colombia

This versión ficha The problema whit the interference and bad síganlo in the slave RC ?
2017-7-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 2017-7-12 09:10
Updated No Fly Zone Management.  Exactly what does this mean?

It means that DJI is trying to deal with the back door the left in there software that allows users to alter flight parameters. It's kind of like jail breaking iPhones, if you want to jailbreak your inspire then don't update....
2017-7-13
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-13 04:10
It means that DJI is trying to deal with the back door the left in there software that allows users to alter flight parameters. It's kind of like jail breaking iPhones, if you want to jailbreak your inspire then don't update....

No sweat. I NEVER update as long as my bird is operating properly. Took a long time to learn that lesson. Have no desire to be a beta tester and find the bugs for DJI.
2017-7-13
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Correct,  Never updated here either and my machine works just fine.  Good luck testers
2017-7-13
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Any here may know if this FW update, is compatibles with I1 pro with x3 camera?
2017-7-15
Use props
Andy Gibson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12114977 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have had major issues with this update v01.11.01.50, 1st the camera had no signal, this was fixed by disconnecting the crystal sky monitor and connecting my iPhone which pointed out firmware needed to be updated on the controller, did this camera worked fine. It is currently flying in beginner mode, I'm limited to those parameters, anyone know how to fix this?? I have been messing around testing the drone for 2 days and have work that needs to be completed, very frustrating.
2017-7-15
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Andy Gibson, Are you sure you are in beginner mode, You may just have to logout of your account and then log back in and see if you can fly higher and further. SafetyFirst! Ken.
2017-7-15
Use props
fansd5907b1e
New
Germany

I have mounted the Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm and this works very fine, also with video in 42mm, no vibrations!
But after I updated to this new Version, it don't works! The Gimbal is vibrating and make noisy sounds.
I don't understand this kind of updates! :-(
2017-7-16
Use props
DroneInspired
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1567323 ft
South Africa

We are mapping where there are no mobile network.
Are you saying that if you can not log into a network then the restrictions will apply.
And will that be then for 3d party mapping programs as well.
2017-7-17
Use props
James Griffith
New
Flight distance : 598720 ft
United States

What happens if the inspire is more than 30 m high or 50 m away from the controller and the app crashes?
2017-7-20
Use props
fans29f8511c
New
Flight distance : 25318 ft

South Africa

This sounds stupid but I think my firmware might be way of date.

I've never been able to access the intelligent navigation (Orbit, follow me ect)  with the DJI Go app for my inspire 1. Is this because the inspire 1 is not compatible or because my firmware is out of date?
2017-7-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd5907b1e Posted at 2017-7-16 01:30
I have mounted the Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm and this works very fine, also with video in 42mm, no vibrations!
But after I updated to this new Version, it don't works! The Gimbal is vibrating and make noisy sounds.

This is why I tell everyone I can that,  if it aint broke ,dont fix it......
2017-7-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fansd5907b1e Posted at 2017-7-16 01:30

I've wondered about the vibration of the gimbal too.

If I place my finger on the upper fixed gimbal arm there is little vibration, but the lower vibrates.  I thought it might be the fan in the I2 but now not so sure.  Not hearing any odd sounds though.
2017-7-28
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fans29f8511c Posted at 2017-7-28 02:50
This sounds stupid but I think my firmware might be way of date.

I've never been able to access the intelligent navigation (Orbit, follow me ect)  with the DJI Go app for my inspire 1. Is this because the inspire 1 is not compatible or because my firmware is out of date?

First do you have it enabled on the go app , under Main controller Settings  you MUST enable the slide bar so the the multi position switch  can be changed on the RC from P to F.  You must enable this first , be sure the entire system is on for this change to be locked.

Once you do that , the Intelligent flight modes are enabled on the RC transmitter .   You will need the GPS function on the go app device  enabled to use the Follow me feature or you can purchase a dongle form dji for about 20 dollars to use this follow mode.

List the FW on the 'about " tab and I will let you know how far out of date you are or use  this chart .
X3 (Inspire 1)
1.2.0.14 - Jan '15
1.2.0.16 - Feb '15
1.2.0.17 - Mar '15
1.2.1.0 - Apr '15
1.2.1.03 - May '15
1.2.1.06 - May '15
1.3.0.00 - Aug '15
1.4.0.10 - Sept '15
1.5.0.30 - Dec '15
1.6.0.40 - Dec '15 - R/C 1.5.70
1.7.0.90 - Mar '16 - R/C 1.5.80
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.40 - Dec '161.11.40 - July 17

X5 (Inspire Pro)
1.1.0.40 - Nov '15
1.2.0.50 - Dec '15
1.3.0.60 - Dec '15
1.4.0.70 - Mar '16
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.4.0 - Dec '16
1.11.40 - Jusly 17
donnie

donnie

2017-7-28
Use props
fans77633a48
New
Flight distance : 395656 ft
United States

Anybody...I need to downgrade to the Dec 2016 FW update for I1 Pro. Can anyone help?
2017-9-27
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

see the link here
http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads
select product under zenmuse x3
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans77633a48 Posted at 2017-9-27 18:01
Anybody...I need to downgrade to the Dec 2016 FW update for I1 Pro. Can anyone help?

Sorry that the firmware cannot be downgraded, may I know if there is any problem with this version?
2017-9-28
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-28 01:20
Sorry that the firmware cannot be downgraded, may I know if there is any problem with this version?

I really don't understand the reason behind this update firmware!

Last week, I purchased an original model inspire 1 from my local store. I attempted to update it a few days ago. End up the update failure and the body of the flight lost response to the control. I brought the whole pack, which is very heavy, back to dji flagshop. The response I got is due to my firmware is super old, my x3 camera firmware is not able to code with the new firmware, so I have to leave it there and check how to fix the problem. Now they sent me a bill to switch t a X5 motherboard at hkd1883. Considering your flight is brand new, why dji have to make something that is not code with your existing products and inccur new bills? I am still thinking if I shall kill the bill.
2017-9-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

INSPIRE01, if your inspire one was bought as you said last week, I am no doubt that you are protected by local consumer law. In which case, you should be able to take it back to the store and ask them to fix it for you under warranty. If that is not done, you should be able to ask for a refund. I have the original inspire one and I have no problem with using it with X3 or X5 cameras. Firmware update is sometimes tricky so that you are not confident of doing it, I suggest you to leave it or ask for help from your local retailer. Inspire One, being a 2 years old model, new firmware update does not offer any new features and probably not compulsory for updating. A lot of users are still using 1 or 2 version behind because they also prefer to only update when it is necessary.
2017-9-30
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DTK Posted at 2017-9-30 22:08
INSPIRE01, if your inspire one was bought as you said last week, I am no doubt that you are protected by local consumer law. In which case, you should be able to take it back to the store and ask them to fix it for you under warranty. If that is not done, you should be able to ask for a refund. I have the original inspire one and I have no problem with using it with X3 or X5 cameras. Firmware update is sometimes tricky so that you are not confident of doing it, I suggest you to leave it or ask for help from your local retailer. Inspire One, being a 2 years old model, new firmware update does not offer any new features and probably not compulsory for updating. A lot of users are still using 1 or 2 version behind because they also prefer to only update when it is necessary.

My question here is:

Are consumers able to update a brand new inspire 1 with the firmware provided by dji today, without having update all those patches or firmware in between all these years, which are no longer provided for download by dji today. It is highly unlikely as per said, consumers' choice to update or not, but it is the update creates unwanted results, like my case, flight no longer can be used. So think twice before touching unknown firmware!
2017-9-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

You don't need all FW in order to update to current cause the current FW will effectively override any old version. However you need to follow the exact instructions as referred to my donning or DJI in to do the update successfully.
2017-10-1
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Thanks for your reply. The instructions are plain and simple, after redoing a dozen times with failure and I no longer can stand its lousy noise, I took the whole pack to the store as I said. And from there, the remote and body are up to date, but the camera failed to update due to parts being too old (told by technician in store), leaving it being the one left behind without update and cannot be used. So what kind of new game theory is this all about?
2017-10-1
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

When you said the camera is too old, didn't you say you bought just a couple weeks ago? Did you bought a used inspire?
2017-10-1
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DTK Posted at 2017-10-1 20:45
When you said the camera is too old, didn't you say you bought just a couple weeks ago? Did you bought a used inspire?

The inspire 1 is brand new. Too old by means the technology of inpire 1 original, which cannot stand the update of the new firmware, which suggests me to pay extra for a X5 motherboard in order to fix the problem. Not to mention that a nip on my brand new controller during the update at shop by another guy's repaired mavicpro being picked up beside by controller, considering the size of hk flagshop, such incidents shall be able to avoid!
2017-10-2
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

It is highly likely any consumers can lie about the history of their flight, flying hrs, location, used hrs, everything are carefully monitored under dji system. If it is because of poor qc , I may have to pick another camera
2017-10-2
Use props
fansbc8e8b26
New
Philippines

hi dji, i just updated my RC and AC to the latest version. my problem now is with the slave RC, it cannot control the gimbal using the sticks. touch screen controls the gimbal, shutter, record etc works fine. thanks
2017-10-2
Use props
christoph m
lvl.1

Germany

Hello ...
Can anyone using X5R please verify FW version shown in app after update ?!  Would be great.  DJI says app should show  1.10.1.40 after update. So does mine.  But BETY (second post up here) said that version of cam matches FW of AC. 1.11.01.50 ?! Is that true ?  I still have issues with my combo. Useless live video ... Lag, interrupts, total black ... all nice ;-()
Thx for help and best regards from Berlin,
Christoph
2017-10-8
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Inspire01, unfortunately that is the service we get from DJI. If you are not satisfied with the product, I guess you can still get refund within some statutory period.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Inspire01 Posted at 2017-9-30 21:02
I really don't understand the reason behind this update firmware!

Last week, I purchased an original model inspire 1 from my local store. I attempted to update it a few days ago. End up the update failure and the body of the flight lost response to the control. I brought the whole pack, which is very heavy, back to dji flagshop. The response I got is due to my firmware is super old, my x3 camera firmware is not able to code with the new firmware, so I have to leave it there and check how to fix the problem. Now they sent me a bill to switch t a X5 motherboard at hkd1883. Considering your flight is brand new, why dji have to make something that is not code with your existing products and inccur new bills? I am still thinking if I shall kill the bill.

I'm so sorry for the late response because of Chinese National Day Holiday.
The aircraft from store may be stored for a long time, so the firmware may be very old. But they should not charge from you if there is malfunction.
Could you please provide me the case number? I will help to check more details about the damage assessment. Thanks.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Inspire01 Posted at 2017-9-30 22:26
My question here is:

Are consumers able to update a brand new inspire 1 with the firmware provided by dji today, without having update all those patches or firmware in between all these years, which are no longer provided for download by dji today. It is highly unlikely as per said, consumers' choice to update or not, but it is the update creates unwanted results, like my case, flight no longer can be used. So think twice before touching unknown firmware!

You can skip the middle firmware version to update to the latest one. But it is true the firmware cannot be downgraded at present.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbc8e8b26 Posted at 2017-10-2 10:47
hi dji, i just updated my RC and AC to the latest version. my problem now is with the slave RC, it cannot control the gimbal using the sticks. touch screen controls the gimbal, shutter, record etc works fine. thanks

I'm so sorry for the late response because of Chinese National Day Holiday.
Do you still have the problem? You may need to check if you get the Gimbal Control from master controller in RC Settings.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

christoph m Posted at 2017-10-8 11:02
Hello ...
Can anyone using X5R please verify FW version shown in app after update ?!  Would be great.  DJI says app should show  1.10.1.40 after update. So does mine.  But BETY (second post up here) said that version of cam matches FW of AC. 1.11.01.50 ?! Is that true ?  I still have issues with my combo. Useless live video ... Lag, interrupts, total black ... all nice ;-()
Thx for help and best regards from Berlin,

Aircraft version v01.11.01.50 and camera version v01.10.01.40 should be displayed in DJI Go.
Do you still have the problem?
2017-10-13
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-13 03:14
Aircraft version v01.11.01.50 and camera version v01.10.01.40 should be displayed in DJI Go.
Do you still have the problem?

CAS-1058417-S4M5X1

Thanks for your reply. But things are getting ugly here, I may have to get my local consumer council to help me solve the problem if you cannot help me. My item was being pictured and documented in your dji system. But the Hong Kong flagshop staff declared that I will be receiving a brand new camera after I requested for getting back my brand new X3 malfunction motherboard for a check at other store, as I said the update of firmware malfunction my drone. End up I paid, and I received a camera in a broken box and a scratched cover. Not haooy of course, but rather than this nip and smap, I hate the spirit of making a new firmware, limit drone function to lure an update, and ask for a ransom to regain your right to use the drone that you have already paid!
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Inspire01 Posted at 2017-10-18 20:42
CAS-1058417-S4M5X1

Thanks for your reply. But things are getting ugly here, I may have to get my local consumer council to help me solve the problem if you cannot help me. My item was being pictured and documented in your dji system. But the Hong Kong flagshop staff declared that I will be receiving a brand new camera after I requested for getting back my brand new X3 malfunction motherboard for a check at other store, as I said the update of firmware malfunction my drone. End up I paid, and I received a camera in a broken box and a scratched cover. Not haooy of course, but rather than this nip and smap, I hate the spirit of making a new firmware, limit drone function to lure an update, and ask for a ransom to regain your right to use the drone that you have already paid!

Sorry for the unpleasant experience with the repair process.
I checked the case, the whole X3 camera has been replaced.
How did you communicate with flagshop staff ? Chat? Email? Phone call or face to face? Can you please provide any evidence that our staff promised the brand new camera? I don't mean to offend, any evidence would help us to escalate the case.
Thanks for your understanding.
2017-10-18
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-18 22:46
Sorry for the unpleasant experience with the repair process.
I checked the case, the whole X3 camera has been replaced.
How did you communicate with flagshop staff ? Chat? Email? Phone call or face to face? Can you please provide any evidence that our staff promised the brand new camera? I don't mean to offend, any evidence would help us to escalate the case.

Thanks and I understand you are trying to helping me. But for a customer like me, with an ugly product on hand, I felt tired of kept hearing different description of the given product. For a normal service, will a company issue a customer two invoices after the customer request to get back his original motherboard? I have everything on file. I wish I voice record in store to avoid any mislead confusion. Here is one of their reply as a reference, which is already against what you have said! I was collecting every piece of scrape since day 1, and I am pretty much ready.

Thank you for contacting DJI. I am Fannie from customer care team, my colleague has put down all the details for me. I will take care of this case from now on.

It’s regretful to hear the case from you, and we’d like to help solve your question here. Please kindly note that we suggest 12-month warranty for this product, and we refer to the purchasing invoice as well as the activation date to provide warranty service. Since you did not provide the purchasing invoice before repair, we could not confirm if the unit is still under warranty. Therefore, paid service is required.

And please kindly note that the repair cost you paid is for replacing the camera main board, instead of a brand new gimbal camera. Usually, to improve the repair efficiency and help customer get the repaired unit soon, we would replace the unit with another one which are especially prepared for after-sales service. Per checking, we also did not confirm with you that the gimbal camera would be replaced with a brand new one. But we could ensure that it is in good performance and appearance.

Hope my explanation would be helpful, and your understanding would be appreciated. If any question, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Fannie
DJI Customer Care Team
Website  http://www.dji.com/support
DJI – The Future of Possible
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
-----CONFIDENTIAL: This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.
2017-10-19
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Inspire01 Posted at 2017-10-19 00:16
Thanks and I understand you are trying to helping me. But for a customer like me, with an ugly product on hand, I felt tired of kept hearing different description of the given product. For a normal service, will a company issue a customer two invoices after the customer request to get back his original motherboard? I have everything on file. I wish I voice record in store to avoid any mislead confusion. Here is one of their reply as a reference, which is already against what you have said! I was collecting every piece of scrape since day 1, and I am pretty much ready.

Thank you for contacting DJI. I am Fannie from customer care team, my colleague has put down all the details for me. I will take care of this case from now on.

And my reply to your cs:

Your staff at store said it will be brand new. And all other customers inside the store heard that. What are you trying to whine about? I got my drone from Lane Crawford Hong Kong within a month. Your staff had already annoyed me enough by kept saying I got my drone outside Hong Kong. I had lost my patience to repeat speaking things to people who is not listening. My Inspire 1 functions normally prior to ugrade your 2017 firmware. After the update, the drone losts its function. You guys set a limit to its function and forced me to upgrade its firmware. And through the update, malfunction my drone, forcing me to pay for parts that need for the update to recover my right to use my drone. I really doubt if this is legal. I had requested to get back my brand new X3 motherboard after the fix for a check at other place. Any your staff starts lying and said a brand new one will be given to me so no motherboard could be given to me. And he started to change a new invoice. End up the product I received with a broken box and scratched lens cover, not even match the photo of what I had given you. All these actions are moves of scammers! I wish you can fairly solve this issue before things get worse.
2017-10-19
Use props
Inspire01
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Inspire01 Posted at 2017-10-19 00:19
And my reply to your cs:

Your staff at store said it will be brand new. And all other customers inside the store heard that. What are you trying to whine about? I got my drone from Lane Crawford Hong Kong within a month. Your staff had already annoyed me enough by kept saying I got my drone outside Hong Kong. I had lost my patience to repeat speaking things to people who is not listening. My Inspire 1 functions normally prior to ugrade your 2017 firmware. After the update, the drone losts its function. You guys set a limit to its function and forced me to upgrade its firmware. And through the update, malfunction my drone, forcing me to pay for parts that need for the update to recover my right to use my drone. I really doubt if this is legal. I had requested to get back my brand new X3 motherboard after the fix for a check at other place. Any your staff starts lying and said a brand new one will be given to me so no motherboard could be given to me. And he started to change a new invoice. End up the product I received with a broken box and scratched lens cover, not even match the photo of what I had given you. All these actions are moves of scammers! I wish you can fairly solve this issue before things get worse.

The main theme of the whole complain is about the update of the firmware causing malfunction of drons! My camera is brand new, I don't need to look for another brand new camera. Please don't get it wrong. I just don't like they exchanged my plastic box and lens cover. As mine are flawless as you can see in the picture of the item taken when they went into repair.
2017-10-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules