Time lapse interval?
5311 8 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone advise on doing a time lapse with The P4P? I would like to do a proper time lapse and not the speeded up footage type of time lapse. So I would use the interval still photo mode but the lowest interval is 5 seconds. This means that at 24 FPS playback you would need 20 minutes shooting for a 10 second time lapse!
Is there anyway of changing the interval to say 1 second intervals?
Maybe I should say I am on the previous firmware version after downgrading due the last firmware update debacle.
Thank you for your help.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ah I have found the answer to my own question:-)
I still had my camera set to jpeg +raw. This restricts the lowest interval to 5 seconds. Switching to jpeg only alows a 2 second interval which would work fine.
2017-7-10
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

WOAH WOAH WOAH... what?   This is something I want to do too.  Where is the setting for "interval still photo mode"?

Is there a good way to change batteries and get back to the same location and same camera angle?  Or are time lapses limited to about 30 minutes?
2017-7-10
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-10 08:16
WOAH WOAH WOAH... what?   This is something I want to do too.  Where is the setting for "interval still photo mode"?

Is there a good way to change batteries and get back to the same location and same camera angle?  Or are time lapses limited to about 30 minutes?

You are going to be restricted to however long  you can keep your bird in the air. Settings are in your camera settings under interval
This should help
Explains video time lapse and photo time lapse
2017-7-10
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Make sure you have your Mechanical Shutter and Gimbal Lock turned off.. it will cause your camera to twitch in between shots.. I have done tons of time lapse shoots with my P4P and this is the setting that works..
2017-7-10
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-7-10 13:54
Make sure you have your Mechanical Shutter and Gimbal Lock turned off.. it will cause your camera to twitch in between shots.. I have done tons of time lapse shoots with my P4P and this is the setting that works..

Good info. I had a trial run tonight that didn't turn out great. I'll have another go with your advice and see how that turns out.
Thank you
2017-7-10
Use props
Tim Berglund
lvl.1
United States

Same question here. I'd love to shoot in RAW and with a shorter interval. Is this a bandwidth limitation? That seems unlikely to me. Sunrises in RAW on a one-second interval over a 20-minute flight would be breathtaking. Any insight, DJI folk?
2017-10-23
Use props
Tim Berglund
lvl.1
United States

Same question here. I'd love to shoot in RAW and with a shorter interval. Is this a bandwidth limitation? That seems unlikely to me. Sunrises in RAW on a one-second interval over a 20-minute flight would be breathtaking. Any insight, DJI folk?
2017-10-23
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

Yeah would be cool to have 1 second RAW or at least 2 second RAW but 0.5 sec JPG... In my experience if your are flying in a complex manner (just not straight only) I find that speeding up the video is more stable (due to less interval between frames) and let you do speed ramps, naturally you lose the RAW + cropping advantage of single frames and also you loose the motion blur that needs to be added in post especially when you fly close to objects... (Although doing 180° shutter angle for JPG means 1 sec exposure for 2 seconds interval that is a pain even with a strong ND)
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules