553 4 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yesterday my P4P+ drone was forced to fly slowly within 30m radius only. It's happen first time at remote location (Lat. 51.5068/ Long. -120.9243). All checked OK on start-up, FW and app  version confirmed with DJI server, good to fly. Up we go and boom: the warnings of 30m limit! This 2 months old drone was performing just fine with basic flying and imaging duties until yesterday.
This is 3rd aircraft in my fleet (Inspire 1 Pro, P3P, P4P+) which refused to work properly within specifications during 3 weeks of my summer vacations, 1000km from home. All three systems appears fully functional, yet refuses to perform occasionally and at random locations.

What is the reason of this erratic behavior?

2017-7-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

It doesn't look like the area might be impacted by GEO limitations, and in fact you didn't say anything about warnings... Any kind of pattern in the way they fail to perform? like, time of the day, weather, temperature?  No power lines, antennas, radars?
Screen shot 2017-07-10 at 8.19.02 PM.png
2017-7-10
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-10 10:21
It doesn't look like the area might be impacted by GEO limitations, and in fact you didn't say anything about warnings... Any kind of pattern in the way they fail to perform? like, time of the day, weather, temperature?  No power lines, antennas, radars?

No pattern with these issues (Aircraft Disconnected, No Image Transmission Signal, 30m Distance Limit - so far). It's happening at different remote locations, Internet in the air or not, doesn't matter. It may affect both Inspire 1 and P3P at once, leaving P4P+ fully functioning ... or the other way. Total chaos and confusion ...

BTW, how did you get this map image?
2017-7-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-10 10:38
No pattern with these issues (Aircraft Disconnected, No Image Transmission Signal, 30m Distance Limit - so far). It's happening at different remote locations, Internet in the air or not, doesn't matter. It may affect both Inspire 1 and P3P at once, leaving P4P+ fully functioning ... or the other way. Total chaos and confusion ...

BTW, how did you get this map image?

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map   
I have really no idea what might be causing it...  a bug -or kinda malware?- randomly triggered ?
2017-7-10
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-10 10:46
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map   
I have really no idea what might be causing it...  a bug -or kinda malware?- randomly triggered ?

Yeah, It's a puzzle ... Thanks anyway, Antonio ...
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules