Gimble Overloaded?
1301 11 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

I was doing some very light flying on saturday and took off from a dusty area (improvised flight). One thing that kept popping up was a gimbal overloaded warning. I wasnt flying crazy but it popped up multiple times. The gimble worked as normal and didnt show any bad signs. Anyone else seen this before? I am hoping it was a dust related thing. I made sure to dust everything carefully but didnt get a chance to take another flight. Ill try to get it tested soon, but figured i would ask the collective knowledge on this board if they have seen this and if its the start of a biger issue I should be worried about.

2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Spicy, do you still have the same error after cleaning the dust? Please keep us posted.
2017-7-11
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 23:11
Spicy, do you still have the same error after cleaning the dust? Please keep us posted.

Havent tested it yet as ive been stuck at work, but i will try to get out this weekend and test it. I will let you know. Thanks Mindy!
2017-7-12
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

I had similar issues a while ago.it turns out I was taking off in long grass.I take off from its storage case now.haven't had the error since.
2017-7-12
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
United States

I added the little plastic extra landing gear to get more clearance.
2017-7-15
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 23:11

Two Flights, no issues this time with the gimbal warning.
2017-7-15
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine threw this error a few times during initial/first battery pack.  Shut it all down and restarted everything, no more issues...
2017-7-16
Use props
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

I had the same error yesterday (Gimbal Motor Overheat), I rebooted everything and it went away. Even with the error it appeared that the gimbal was ok. Hope it doesn't come back.
2017-7-16
Use props
Karlito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139948 ft
Canada

I get it occasionally when taking off in long grass. Works fine as soon as I take off.
2017-7-16
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

I've had the issue twice, but on both occasions the gimbal had been restricted while on the ground, but the message wouldn't clear until I rebooted the drone.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If the error disappears after rebooting, no worries. Please don't take off over grass or dusty area or anything that may get gimbal stuck.
2017-7-17
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 00:24
If the error disappears after rebooting, no worries. Please don't take off over grass or dusty area or anything that may get gimbal stuck.

Yep ill bring my landing pad or a piece of cardboard to launch from along with the extra clearance landing gear
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules