Best most stable device to run p4p?
1159 15 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Guys after some advice again, best tablet or device to run the p4p, some devices good and bad point would be good...

Also does different devices help signal or do they just improve pic quality?
2017-7-10
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I use an iPad pro.  Never really had an issue.  I prefer the iPad for the screen size which allows me to see much more detail than a cell phone or iPad mini.
2017-7-10
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just starting out but i have been using a cheapish Samsung galaxy and a samsung s6 edge but not impressed to be honest
2017-7-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am using ASUS zenpad S3 10 which is 9.7 inch tablet. Run perfectly with DJI Go. Make sure it is on Android 6 not  7. Before the tablet, App continue to crash with Android 7. Screen is also too small and reflective with the sun glare. Now I am much happier with the tablet and sun shade.
2017-7-10
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DTK Posted at 2017-7-10 14:30
I am using ASUS zenpad S3 10 which is 9.7 inch tablet. Run perfectly with DJI Go. Make sure it is on Android 6 not  7. Before the tablet, App continue to crash with Android 7. Screen is also too small and reflective with the sun glare. Now I am much happier with the tablet and sun shade.

Cool al look into some of these, i may look into the nvidia shield anyone use one them good spec and screen and would use for other things... But hear glare ia back on them
2017-7-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

I'm very satisfied with my iPad 5th generation WiFi+Cell, (bought especially for use with the P4P). Not the brightest screen, but with a sun hood it is very easy to see. Also the iPad Air2 worked well, but it was my wife's and she had too may Apps running
2017-7-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not wanting to start a religious war between Android and iOS users, but speaking purely from observation here it would appear that DJI GO is more stable on the iOS platform. Well, so long as it's a recent generation iPad, as a decent CPU is required for the video stream decoding.
The downside, of course, is cost - the iPad is the more expensive platform generally.

Regardless, I had both platforms, and recently sold my Android tablet as it was just an ongoing hassle for me.
2017-7-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

OnePlus One / Samsung Tab A 9.7

Both offer an excellent user experience for me.
2017-7-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-10 18:59
I'll second the suggestion for the Asus ZenPad lineup.  Here is a list of good choices:

Asus ZenPad S8, awesome 2048x1536 screen, fast quadcore, $130 for 2GB RAM 16GB mem (perfect for flying), $179 for 2GB RAM 32GB mem, $279 4GB RAM 64 GB mem (hard to find), GPS/Micro-SD slot.  Great tablets.

I thought about these, and can still swap. Do you actually use one?
2017-7-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.
2017-7-10
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Anyone used the Nvidia shield? very powerful little device?
2017-7-11
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, until the latest firmware/software updates, I would have suggested the iPad Mini 2.  I've been using it for a year without an issue, but after the update, NOTHING but overheating and video transmission problems.
2017-7-11
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

smig Posted at 2017-7-11 00:36
Anyone used the Nvidia shield? very powerful little device?

I'm using nVidia Shield K1. Great device. none graphic lags. Very smooth.
2017-7-11
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

cool may have a look at a shield there only 150 quid similar to what I was going to pick a ipad mini up for
2017-7-11
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I tried several Android tablets/phones with my first DJI drone, a P3P, and had app crashes on every outing. Even on clean devices (factory reset nothing else installed) and one that I rooted and used a custom ROM that was super clean. I also found features and add-ons that were only available for iOS. I didn't own a single Apple device at the time but after trying the iPad Mini 3 I realized that it was the best tool for the job, at least for me. I moved to an iPad Air 2 and am now using an iPad Pro 9.7". Since going the iPad route I have had an iPhone 6S Plus and now have an iPhone 7 Plus that both work well. Even the new iPad Pro 12.9" (2017) works without issue although I did need to buy an extender for the tablet mount. I only remember an app crash 1 time since going the iOS route and that was early on with my P3P/iPad mini.

The Android scene may have improved in the last 2 years so your mileage may vary. For me, I am extremely satisfied with the performance and reliability of the iOS platform for DJI drones.
2017-7-11
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use my iPad Mini 4 and its super stable. No issues at all and the screen is so good - with a sunshade - and just the right size. Lots have reported that the Shield is a very good tablet to use.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules