Another gimbal issue / chance it?
735 2 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishbisquit
lvl.1
United States

I was flying the Mavic this weekend and was filming in a straight down direction when the gimbal started acting erratically for about a minute and then I got an overload warning on the remote. Landed it immediately and next day tried to diagnose the problem. I calibrated it and re-installed current firmware. I have started it up around 10 times and 3 times the gimbal calibrates wonky with a knock and the camera will face down or towards the back. After this happens I shut it down and re-start and it calibrates correctly. I have also flown and filmed with it twice and everything seemed to work fine. Here is my dilemma. I had an issue with the Mavic right after i got it and had to send it into the CA repair facility and it took just over 3 weeks from when I mailed it to when I had it back. I have a trip planned in 4 weeks that I need the Mavic for.  Should I send it in for DJI to look over and hope I get it back in time for my trip? Or do I just keep it and fly it a few times and keep an eye on it and hope I have no issues when I need it during the trip?
Thanks,

2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the experience with our product, please check if the the vibration absorbing board is mounted properly, and if you have enough time, we still suggest to send in the drone for evaluation.
2017-7-10
Use props
Fishbisquit
lvl.1
United States

Vibration board seems to be seated correctly under 3 tabs. Since I've had luck with it working more times then it doesn't what are the chances this is some fluke and it will work itself out? I guess I'm wondering if these gimbal issues can be minor (balance issue or wind issue or firmware) and will stop eventually or will it just get worse (hardware issue) and need to be sent in eventually? I'm fine sending it in once I get back from my trip. I'm just worried about doing it before and not getting it back in time. But if this gimbal issue  has a high likelihood of getting worse quickly, then i will chance it and send it in before my trip.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules